It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think aliens want to help us but the powers that be are preventing them from helping.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
when it comes to contact i'm sure other advanced life forms act like an anthropologist, they observe and do not want to directly interfere unless its viewed that they organism will self destruct. they don't want to intervene less a dire crisis. I been listening to an amazing radio show which is on youtube and was on radio last month. they talk a lot about how aliens could help us. Later in the radio show, around part 12, a woman around 4:00 rants about how the aliens are having a perverse pleasure of earthlings suffer and that how we are creating weapons of mass destruction and the scientist goes on and says that their judgments says what we are doing will not completely destroy us and that's why they haven't intervened or felt the need to...... but in my opinion if they showed up now that the powers that be have directing the mass human consciousness to fear aliens, so the aliens know this and so they cannot directing intervene with us as it would potentially do more harm then good. maybe we do need to have an intervention but would the intervention make us worse off?? if you think about all these religions that have been created and the mass media and how they have installed fear against alien visitors in the common consciousness that any intervention or signs of other life forms would be impossible for most to imagine which would force us into a destructive riot mode, people wouldn't know what the **ck was going on. SO could it be that that the powers be do not want what is good for humanity and have another agenda.. today i came to the conclusion that galaxies are so far apart for a reason... so that when a species is intelligent enough to visit another planet with life to observe it that its advance enough that its goal wouldn't be to take over the planet as they would already have the knowledge on how to sustain life on their own planet.

Here is the radio show which i mentioned aboved and inspired this discussion.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by hautmess]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i definitely agree. what move about et's (besides e.t. and the abyss) make them look good? just about every form of media makes them out to be hostile so thats what we're programed to believe. and your right, if they did show up out of nowhere it would be mass hysteria for the most part, and if they are here to help they wouldnt want to be the ones to initiate that. like you said the only way they can gain trust from the people who fear them is to come in a save the world at the brink

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hautmess

As much as I hate using the phrase "the powers that be," I think what you're saying makes a lot of sense. It's silly to think alien life would somehow be out to get us. It's much more realistic to think of them as anthropologists, like you said. There is a lot we could learn from an extraterrestrial race... any scientist would agree. And there would be a lot that an extraterrestrial race could learn from us.

I don't know why UFO's are so consistently covered up. But I do agree that it may be doing more harm than good to our perception of alien life. Left to our own imaginations, all kinds of wild and dangerous theories are taking root, and if disclosure ever DOES happen, these rumors could lead to some bad situations. The sooner we get disclosure the better, before it gets any worse than it already is.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
If you really look at the media (meaning NEWS and other forms of media that the world sees) they have actually been broadcasting a lot more UFO cases and videos. I think they are trying to desensitize us so when this event finally does occur that the masses don't wig out. There are theories that many governments throughout the world has been in contact with these beings and one day soon (but who really knows) will make direct contact with us. Back 15-20 years ago all the UFO stories and cases were all blown off by the media and there was a big "hush" factor with most of these cases besides a few of course. But now there are more frequent cases of sightings all over the globe. I really haven't heard much about them being hostile besides a few stories here and there and in most "abduction" cases. Who really knows what and why they could be looking in on us. Maybe they are waiting for us to really begin to self-destruct before they make themselves officially known to the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I seriously doubt most alien life is good that is intelligent and got beyond a certain degree like us.

I disagree totally with op, i think most aliens would be bad news.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I seriously doubt most alien life is good that is intelligent and got beyond a certain degree like us.

Why do you think that? As long as there have been reported cases of ETs coming to Earth don't you think by now if they wanted to kill us or destroy us they would have done this by now? Apparently many ancient cultures depict forms of beings coming from the skys and they worshipped them as "gods" if they actually did that would seem like they more or less helped us rather than wanted to kill us.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
And what are the "powers that be" doing exactly to prevent aliens from doing so?
Sure , a bunch of old geezers are preventing the super technological and perhaps even with mind powers beyond our own aliens from helping us...

They could easily contact anyone they wanted if that was the case.

There are few options to wanting to keep in the shadows while going around abducting people (people always seem to forget the abductions right
) :

1)They do not exist, people are not being abducted and they are just crazy.

2)They do exist, and are up to no good not disclosing themselves, going around abducting people as they please.

What I "think" , like you "think", is that it is more likely that TPTB are in line with such aliens, or with a few factions that might be lurking around.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
well one theory is that in exchange for technology that we would allow them to abduct so many people a year. If you look how fast our technology has advanced in a matter of 20 years it is insane. But it would make sense that our government was probably wanting some kind of new age technology for weapons and the "ETs" refused. People have said that they abduct people to examine our bodies and reproductive organs as they aren't able to reproduce naturally anymore because they "supposedly" having been living in space for so long that they probably once looked like us but have evolved while traveling through space. This kind of makes sense seeing that they basically have the same body type that we do. Just the lack of being in the sun has caused their eyes to grow larger and become black to soak in as much light as possible, and their skin pigment has diminished due to lack of direct sun light as well. As for reproduction I really can't explain that.

Now this is not necessarily what I believe but it does make sense if you think about it.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Reign02]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
On earth it's proven the more intelligent a species the more devious it's behaviour patterns are, survival instincts have been a constant since life begun. Wings and eyes have evolved many times independably of the species hence life no matter where it is acts upon the same basic lines. Now if a species of life has evolved on a far away planet capable of greater than light speed travel I’d have to assume that they would look at us as we look at hamsters (daft creatures who are that stupid they eat there own young if you confuse the scent) and I would imagine they would treat us in the same manner, if contact ever happens we'd have to be very, very careful!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

this is my point.. why do you think this? obviously you didnt use the world ALL but why MOST? why more then 50%

why do you think most of these galaxies are strategically placed light years away from us.. because a douchey intelligent species like us dosent deserve to observe and learn from another advanced species.. because to view a remote galaxies and planets with life would take a huge intelligence and right now its clear to me that we all have much to learn. i believe in a higher intelligence, i dont think we are the smartest and i'm sure if we were we wouldnt be worrying about taking over a planet for its resources as we would of understood how to balance our own.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I belive that aliens are the future us. Therefore they travel through time. They dare not effect the flow of time, but they know they can be part of it as they have been for many thousand of years. Space is too vast to travel only for a quick check.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I agree with windowlicker, to another advanced species of life beyond our own we probably just look like rats in a cage, ants in the farm, bees in a hive etc. The human race have made a huge leap from the cave days but we are still babies not even in grade school yet in the big picture. Before we can even establish communications with a race beyond our own we first must learn to get along with each other on our own planet. We fight and kill each other over small misunderstandings, any advance race knows humans as a whole are not ready for them to show up.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What a rant. Why do people state this rubbish "aliens want to help us but......" have you spoken to an Alien hautmess got any pictures gone for a ride?
You can answer this question: why do you think people submit to this theory? why post that utube video about nothing to do with "aliens want to help us but......"

today i came to the conclusion that galaxies are so far apart for a reason...
That's because galaxies are not in a marble bag!

Zelong.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hautmess
I been listening to an amazing radio show which is on youtube and was on radio last month. they talk a lot about how aliens could help us.

I'm becoming more convinced that Youtube is responsible for polluting people's minds with the absolute worst garbage imaginable. Worse than TV ever did. Evidently, anything in Youtube format bypasses people's B.S. Filters and the next thing you know they're running around believing in bad comic book plots as reality.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a shem (craft), lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth. And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded. And the Lord said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language; and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.
Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one another’s speech. So the Lord scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth: and they left off to build the city."

We tend to think that we are advanced and our forbearer's were fairly primitive with little technical knowledge. We think this because we search the earth for evidence of advanced technology and really don't find it. Yet we forget about the legend of Atlantis beneath the waves and how the "gods" destroyed it because man had become evil.
At our current point of evolution where we are still fairly barbaric and warlike we cannot be allowed into space in any real/substantial presence.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Think about what you are proposing here, Hautmess. You are saying that beings hundreds, if not thousands, of years more advanced than humanity, capable of conquering the vast distances between stars, are being hindered in their efforts to help humanity by human governments, despite all the said governments' ineptitudes and foibles. It makes no sense; if aliens wanted to contact humanity, no Earthly power would be able to stop them.

The idea that evil Earth powers are stopping benevolent aliens from saving us from ourselves is an excuse, special pleading to explain why people have not had their beliefs confirmed. Not only that, but it is a call to laziness and impotence. Why try to make the world a better place when there are either evil powers working to stop you or aliens are going to do all the work for you?

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Think about what you are proposing here, Hautmess. You are saying that beings hundreds, if not thousands, of years more advanced than humanity, capable of conquering the vast distances between stars, are being hindered in their efforts to help humanity by human governments, despite all the said governments' ineptitudes and foibles. It makes no sense; if aliens wanted to contact humanity, no Earthly power would be able to stop them.

The idea that evil Earth powers are stopping benevolent aliens from saving us from ourselves is an excuse, special pleading to explain why people have not had their beliefs confirmed. Not only that, but it is a call to laziness and impotence. Why try to make the world a better place when there are either evil powers working to stop you or aliens are going to do all the work for you?

when i said help humanity i'm sure they are already doing their part but what i meant to say was how the make their presence known on a global scale (which i guess would be different then helping) would result in mass hysteria.. I guess they can help without having to reveal themselves to everyone. What i must of meant was that maybe they cannot help us in a visible and co-existing way as the result of the government & media showing them in a bad light... I know the possibilities are endless when it comes to other et advanced technologies, this is life after all, but i do feel they want to co exist but are unable to at the moment due to the level the human consciousness, understand and intelligence is at.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
This is a very intriguing topic...especially since the sightings have supposedly increased in recent years (and IR cameras are able to see them, or more of whatever it is). We can be trapped into certain thinking based upon the portion of the electromagnetic spectrum that we can see and hear in. Certain life forms may be right in front of us, yet we cannot detect them.

In the UFO disclosure project, they spoke of 5 types of UFO's that we've studied. The sources in this project are very credible; however, this does not make it true. My question is which aliens have and/or are currently visiting us? Are they observing us? Are there any living amongst us? And, is there conflict among aliens in addition to what exists between us and them? Hmmm....interesting post...

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I completely agree. aliens can and want to help us just as they did for ancient civilizations like the mayans and egyptians. The only thing is if aliens landed here on earth and came out of there spacecraft people would be freaked out.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I agree with doomsdayrex.

There is no way an intelligent species of E.T.'s would differ their plans because a couple people out of 7 billion said so.

I also think aliens would not be hostile. We have had sightings forever, and people claim to have seen them, if they have been here already and have not killed us yet, then they are not going to. If they wanted too they would have done it a long time ago.

I personally think they will/have not made contact with us because we are so primitive. We cannot even get along with fellow men and we think they will present themselves to us? I doubt it. They will wait until we mature as a species and then they might contact us.

Pred...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join