It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Easter Conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Conspire : to agree together to do something wrong, evil, or illegal. (Random House Dictionary )

Christians are not the only ones to celebrate a festival called Easter.

' Ishtar ' ( Easter ) was a pagan holiday that celebrated the resurrection of a pagan god called 'Tammuz' , who they believed was 'the only begotten son' of the moon-goddess and the sun-god.

Noah had a son named Ham.,Ham had a son named Cush. Cush married a woman named Semiramis. They had a son named Nimrod. Once Cush had died, Nimrod married his own mother and became a king."And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel"(Genesis 10:10). Nimrod became a god-man to the people and his wife/mother became the Queen of Babylon.

Nimrod was killed by an enemy and his body was cut into pieces and scattered around the kingdom. Semiramis had all of his parts gathered up, but his penis was not found. She told the people that he could not come back to life without it and therefore had ascended to the sun and was now to be called 'Baal', the sun-god. She claimed that he would be present on earth in the form of a flame,candle,or lamp,when used in worship. She was creating a mystery religion and set herself up as a goddess.

She claimed that she was immaculately conceived and that the moon was a goddess that went through a 28 day cycle and ovulated when full. She said that she came down from the moon in a giant moon-egg that fell into the Euphrates river. This, she said, happened at the time of the first full-moon after the spring equinox.

Semiramis became known as 'Ishtar' (pronounced Easter) and her moon-egg became known as 'Ishtar's egg' (Easter egg).

Ishtar became pregnant and claimed that the rays of the sun-god BAAL had caused her to conceive. She had a son and named him Tammuz. Tammuz, like his 'supposed' father, became a hunter and was especially fond of rabbits. It came to be that they were considered to be sacred in this 'religion' simply because Tammuz was considered to be the son of the sun-god BAAL.

Eventually, Tammuz was killed by a wild pig,and Ishtar told the people that he had now ascended to his father,BAAL,and that the two of them would be with the worshippers in the 'sacred' flame,lamp,or candle as FATHER,SON and SPIRIT. By this time, Ishtar was being worshipped as the 'Mother of God and Queen of Babylon'.

She further claimed that when Tammuz was killed by the wild pig that some of his blood had fell on the stump of an evergreen tree,and the stump grew into a full new tree overnight. This caused the evergreen tree to become regarded as sacred (see JER.10:3,4).

She also proclaimed a 40-day period of time of sorrow each year to precede the anniversary of the death of Tammuz. During this time,no meat was to be eaten. Worshipers were to meditate upon the sacred mysteries of Baal and Tammuz and to MAKE THE SIGN OF A 'T' in front of their hearts as they worshipped. They also ate SACRED CAKES with the marking of a 'T' or 'cross' on the top. Every year, on the first Sunday after the first full-moon after the spring equinox, 'Ishtar Sunday' was celebrated with rabbits and eggs.

Ishtar also proclaimed that because Tammuz had been killed by a pi, then a pig must be eaten on that Sunday.

The true customs and celebration of Easter honor 'BAAL', the sun-god and are still celebrated through christianity as sunrise services, facing the rising sun in the east and rabbits and easter eggs.

The true origins of Easter have absolutely nothing to do with the resurrection of Jesus the Christ.

So, for all of you celebrating today, all I can say is ...

HAPPY ISHTAR.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
True Christians know this - just as the celebration of Christmas has nothing to do with Jesus' birth.

And to add, Halloween is a satanical "holiday".

What is the common denominator of these three "holidays"?

They were all created by MANKIND - just as the hundreds of so called "religions" in our society - and the many, many "versions" of the original Holy Scriptures.

I.e. NIV, NKJV, ASB, etc, etc.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Sorry - got finger happy.

Double post.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by nomorecruelty]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Nice thread!

I've come to realize that most religions have things lifted from others. So in essence, how can any particular religion be right or wrong when most of them seem to have roots stemming from pagan beliefs? Not bashing anyone's beliefs, just an observation.

Thank you for your post! S+F from me.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

Christians are not the only ones to celebrate a festival called Easter.

' Ishtar ' ( Easter ) was a pagan holiday that celebrated the resurrection of a pagan god called 'Tammuz' , who they believed was 'the only begotten son' of the moon-goddess and the sun-god.

This is an old error first postulated by Alexander Hislop in a paper published in 1853...
...it was based on a phonetic similarity but has since been debunked by historians.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Im sorry, my brain shut down 50 words in, Happy Easter !

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cce1e9ff7d5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

Hey, I have a great idea, let's debunk all RECORDED history that doesn't conform to any modern sect or religious interpretation. Good Call !

Ive never even heard of the guy you mention , so obviously , I didn't glean any of this from his work.

The truth is out there, you just have to WANT to know the truth.

If we are to assume that it has been debunked, then all historical records which have to do with Babylon should be considered false and disregarded ?

BAAAAA.....

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Hey, I have a great idea, let's debunk all RECORDED history that doesn't conform to any modern sect or religious interpretation. Good Call !

Ive never even heard of the guy you mention , so obviously , I didn't glean any of this from his work.

If we are to assume that it has been debunked, then all historical records which have to do with Babylon should be considered false and disregarded ?

BAAAAA.....

Not only is the Bible God's Holy Word, it is also mankind's "history" - i.e. a history book per say.

Non believers have been trying to debunk the Bible for a very long time. Currently, they are trying to brainwash society into believing that our nation wasn't founded on Christianity, by Christians. -

Isn't that humanity's going thing nowadays - to reject recorded history?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

Any proof to this and not a wiki link..... Until then it ranks right up there with Allah the Moon God. And people who worship cud chewing cows.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I am , for the most part , a computer-dummy , and still can't get a grip on the 'linking process' . It is fairly easy to google any parts of my post and go from there. Maybe you could be kind enough to U2U me and school me on the linking ?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I am , for the most part , a computer-dummy , and still can't get a grip on the 'linking process' . It is fairly easy to google any parts of my post and go from there. Maybe you could be kind enough to U2U me and school me on the linking ?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
The only real conspiracy behind any of this is why, every year, at Easter, Halloween and Christmas, so many of these threads appear on the internet as if it's some undiscovered mystery. I wouldn't be exaggerating to say that I've probably seen 30 of these 'revelations' over the last couple of days.

I honestly mean no disrespect to the OP, it's just that I'm frankly astonished if anyone with any vested religious interest wouldn't know that there's a pagan basis behind much of what appears on the Christian calendar or that anyone else really couldn't care one way or another.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

I posted this thread and a similar one , because I am sick and tired of people who feel that it is their spiritual duty and/or right to try to enforce their beliefs upon those of us who choose to look at existence/life from our own perspective.

We choose to use our own minds, instead of blindly relying upon someone else who feels that their mind has to be closer to the truth because 'brother so-and-so' says that is the way it is , and 'he has been preaching fo over thirty years'.

I have actually had that said to me . I have also been asked by christians what makes me think that 'god' would show me any type of truth, seeing that I enjoy a cold beer, I smoke, I don't go to church and I'm not 'saved' .

These same people can't tell me anything about their own Bible other than John 3:16 . They refuse to discuss Revelations, because it 'scares' them .

These same christians, about 30 years ago, convinced me that I needed to go to church, get saved, and study the Bible ., because they 'loved' me and was concerned for 'my soul' .

Well, I did all of this and guess what ? These same christians turned around and told me that I had 'taken this way too far' ! Because, contrary to themselves, I actually read and studied the Bible instead of letting the preacher tell me what 'it means' . I was told I was not supposed to question the Bible because it was 'the word of God' , and I was in danger of hellfire for doing so .

Needless to say , my life as a 'christian' was short-lived . I set out to contemplate the mysteries of life without all of the biased influence from any 'religious' perspective .

I am a better man because of it .

I live a good life , I am kind to my fellow man, I help total strangers, I tend to the elderly when the need arises, I view everyone as my equal, regardless of gender,color, or creed.

But, according to the christians, this isn't good enough. I MUST believe. It's their way or the highway !

No thank you, I'm doing it my way. And you do it your way . I'm good with that .

This whole thing started because a christian invited me to an Easter get-together. I politely declined, but she wouldn't leave it at that., she was insistent.

She forced me to the point that I had to show my hand and tell her that I don't do easter because I happen to believe it to have it's origins in paganism.

She became furious and irate , screaming and yelling at me . Telling me how she was 'sick' of people like me . And let's not forget that we only do it 'for the kids' .

I politely declined once more. She stormed out of my house, told me to go to hell, and slammed my door on the way out .

Hope I have answered your question .

Have a wonderful day .

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Here's Acharya S's angle on Easter:

stellarhousepublishing.com...

Although it is believed to represent the time of Jesus Christ's resurrection, the festival of Easter existed in pre-Christian times and, according to the famous Christian saint Venerable Bede (672-735 AD/CE), was named for the Teutonic or German goddess Eôstre, who was the "goddess of dawn" and who symbolized the fertility found abundantly during the springtime of the year. (See CE, V, 224; Weekley, 491) Regarding the ancient fertility goddess, in How the Easter Story Grew from Gospel to Gospel, Dr. Rolland E. Wolfe, a professor of Biblical Literature at Case Western Reserve University, relates:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nomorecruelty

The Bible doesn't need anyone to "debunk" it, the Bible takes care of that all by itself. It just requires its beleivers to actually read it for a change. Then study history and the origins of the Bible and Religion, and then see if you can in good faith honestly make such a claim that it is actually written with divine inspiration.

I used to beleive in all that faith garbage too until I began the journey of studying its true origins. It angers me how folks refuse to study something so important as a topic of religion is to them. I can assume folks that refuse to study it are only hippocrates looking for its alleged "free ticket" to an external paradise.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
dahang...dudes. how can you be so wrong and not realize....
we celebrate a little on easter for reasons not evolved from ischtar , but our own. we determine what we beleive in our life, then the past is dead. i understand all the implications of pagan, did you know that our entire history(especially as of late) is not what we were told. the pope, government and the legal system....i know, are toilet paper. that's proof of a needed base of truth to live by. and it is not comprised of ourselves because it's good vs. evil...just like in the scriptures. so, our help from another is supernatural...and that's our trump card. supernatural aid...how cool, we have it for the asking, but it doesn't come from our ability. supernatural, that's what you're after. and it stands at the door and knocks, and to qualify, one doesn't have to "clean up" first even....how cool. talk to God and he will talk back, i promise

[edit on 4-4-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GBP/JPY

If God "talks back" to you please ask him/her which of the NUMEROUS Gods and religions are actually true. If he/she DOES exist, and DID talk to anyone, I would guarantee his/her answer would be: "NONE of them".

[edit on 4-4-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes the date of celebrating the death and resurrection of Jesus was almost certainly moved to co-incide with a pagan ritual as were many dates, but not sure how that equates to "as a result they didn't happen"

I am a christian and I am very well aware of the similarities between christian and pagan rituals/symbols etc but similarity between 2 or more events are not restricted to religion.

and for the record, I don't force my beliefs on anyone but obviously think others are wrong - if I thought they were right I'd believe what they do.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by TheJenkster]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   

The Easter'Ishtar error has been adopted by many cults...
...especially those that were formulating their doctrine in the the early 1800's...
...like Jehovah's Witnesses and Seventh-Day Adventists...
...and likewise many Christians have decided not to observe Easter based on this error.

The problem actually resides in the relative strength of English.

In most languages the word for Easter is exactly the same as the word for Passover, so the relationship between the feast of Passover and the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is directly linked. A few examples are; Latin Pascha, French Pâques, Italian Pasqua, and Dutch Pasen.

All these words mean both Easter and Passover, only the context formulates the difference. With the exception of English and German, all other European languages do not have a separate word for Easter and Passover, but simply use a single term derived from Pesach, the Hebrew word for Passover.

William Tyndale was the first to translated the Bible into English from the original Hebrew and Greek...
...prior to this Latin texts were used as the basis for new translations...
...and Tyndale's translation heavily influenced the King James Version.

Two things Tyndale did separated Easter and Passover into two separate words/events...
...he used the old English word 'Ester' instead of 'Pask'...
...and then invented the word Passover to describe the event that released the captive Israelites from Egyptian slavery.

So Pask became Passover...
...and Ester became associated with the Christian celebration of the resurrection.

You can clearly see it in the Anglo-Saxon roots.

The word Easter can be traced back to many old Anglo Saxon manuscripts.

east - I. adj. east, easterly. II. adv. eastwards, in an easterly direction, in or from the east
eastan - from the east, easterly
eastanwind - east wind
eastcyning - eastern king
eastdael - eastern quarter, the East
easte - the East
eastende - east-end, east quarter
Eastengle - the East Anglians: East Anglia
Easteraefen - Easter-eve
Easterdaeg - Easter-day, Easter Sunday
Easterfaestan - Easter-fast, Lent
Easterfeorm - feast of Easter
Easterfreolsdaeg - the feast day of Passover
Eastergewuna - Easter custom (appears only in the 9th century sermons of Aelfric where he is referring to Christian Easter practices)
Easterlic - belonging to Easter, Paschal
Eastermonath - Easter-month, April
Easterne - east, eastern, oriental
Easterniht - Easter-night
Eastersunnandaeg - Easter Sunday
Eastersymble - Passover (lit. Easter gathering)
Eastertid - Eastertide, Paschal season
Easterthenung - Passover
Easterwucu - Easter Week

So the word Easter in Anglo Saxon was commonly used for both the Passover and the Christian celebration of the resurrection.

So you see that Easter/Ishtar idea is relatively recent...
...is based only on a phonetic similarity first described by Alexander Hislop in 1853...
...and it is not supported by linguistic analysis.

Unfortunately disaffected anti-Christian types have joined the cults in spreading this error....
...but they don't really seem interested in Denying Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Then again , at the other end of the spectrum , there are the 'christian' types that refuse to deny ignorance by taking a MAN-MADE collection of writings and insisting that the whole world believe that these writings are the literal work of 'God' .

Those types are the ones who refuse to study pre-christian history and culture , because they don't want to see that the 'virgin-birth' predates christianity , as well as the story of the ressurection , the ascension to the 'heavens etc .,

You all tend to want to refute all recorded history that does not conform to your cherished belief in a majic man , while at the same time refusing to look at pre-christian accounts of this same story of a majic-man .

The bible is based on stories and tales that were handed down thru the mystery schools , esoteric knowledge , Greek mythology , Roman mythology and outright deceit .

But because there are those of you who feel the need to desparately believe in something , due to the fear of the unknown , then you wag your heads at those of us who don't share that same sense of insecurity .

Religion is about nothing more than mind-control . period .

Religion is nothing more than an opiate for the masses... Karl Marx .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join