It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Crazy Theory Or The Longest Distance From Any Given Location Is That Exact Location

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this applies, but I heard that 2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 lefts do.

[edit on 5-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Interesting thoughts... I like this kind of speculation. Kudos and a flag for the OP.

So...

"As it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be," takes on a whole new meaning, right?

The circle has been used by ancient cultures to symbolize the Universe.

If the Universe is infinite, then no matter where you are standing in it, you will always appear to be standing at the center.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hey, what the hell happened to the OP.

Want some speculation on given postulations.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Must be true, they say you never need more than 62 digits of pi to locate yourself in the sprawl.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The problem with space is that it is said to be infinite big. That would mean were ever you are. You will always be at the center/middle. In other words you cant leave your present location to walk forward to were you started. Because no matter how far you walk forwards you will always be "in the middle". You would never be able to walk anywhere.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Alright, you are making put my idea from early on about my theorem on the existence of everything.

It started out in bio 3 in high school. Since the beginning of time, the first breath that a human took consisted of a certain amount of atoms. I cannot remember the quantity but it is directly related to the amount of breaths there are in the atmosphere. This is where my theory began.

Now, what you bring to the table is that the furthest distance from any point is the same point, also the closest.

Let me go down the road of infinite realities. If there are infinite realities or infinite universe and each of these are infinite, let me show you the closest way 2 dimensionally I can represent it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/333a2d56c0af.jpg[/atsimg]

Okay, it is just a basic diagram of 3 different realities. Each one is connected to an infinite number of other realities. Hence, those infinite realities are connected to those infinite realities. So on and so forth on to infinity.

This diagram cannot even get close to what I am stating but you get an idea of what I am postulating.

Now for what you said about the point being the furthest distance from and the closest. I postulate it is all distances from the point, meaning it is the furthest, closest and every unit of measure in between.

Each point of any given reality intersects with every other point of every other reality, so, the point is closet to and the furthest from.

Now, taking the analogy of the ball on a waterbed inverted was just my way of saying that the water inside the waterbed is all the other realities touching our reality.

Say you have a black hole, it does not actually go anywhere except the closet and furthest reality away.

See, this is where I mind cannot comprehend in a graphical nature what I am talking about. Maybe you can put it into a better descriptive nature than I. Or maybe someone that will read this will.

Now that I have tried to visualize this theorem again, I will go back to the political section and take it ez.

Is it possible that all parallel infinite realities actually overlap. For instance by your diagram, you have reality 1 & 2 overlapping each other, but circling 3. Then overlapping 3 circling 1. So if picture was completed you have infinite numbers of circles overlapping hench practically filling the page to 1 colour through all the different colours become 1 colour.. Therefore while passing through 1 reality you are passing through all. Possiblely other realities are just on another light wavelength, just not detectable to our eyes or technology.
So the blackhole leds not only to closest & furtherest, it may lead to all. Just need to know which exit to use, like on a highway. You travel along & exit at maybe a correct time or exit.
Just like the waterbed, the water is all the universes mixed together.

Another possible thought, where all colour mixed together make black (yes I know white light is all the colours mixed together, just try doing it with paint & see the murky colour that comes out) The black mix could be what makes the black that we call night.

posted on Apr, 14 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I am with the Ops theory on this.

If you only walk half way, you've done just that. You have to come full circle, IMO.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join