It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Is A Criminal Afterall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
A federal judge has ruled that President Bush broke the law when he secretly authorized the National Security Agency to conduct surveillance without obtaining court warrants in the wake of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

The Justice Department has not decided whether or not to appeal the ruling.

www.shortnews.com...
www.nytimes.com...

Lets hope this leads to a conviction, but I doubt it.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The sad thing is, those warrants are real easy to get..

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
If I had a nickel for every time I got up hope for a politician to be brought up for their crimes I could own the federal reserve. We will wait and see what happens but he still has buddies that will look out for him.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
he still has buddies that will look out for him.

Sad but true

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
The sad thing is, those warrants are real easy to get..

Too right the police just need to make it all up. Plus the police do not ever have to talk to you and or arrest you for anything, they can make stuff up and wreck your life forever.

But bush was pure evil and example of people abusing there powers. The trouble is most people that get power abuse it like him, and they love it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
oh for pete sakes, I wasn't a Bush fan, but after a year with Obama I would take him back in a heart beat. Seriously this is the best they can come up with?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I was under the impression that with the passage of the Patriot Act that they didn't need to have a warrant. That is one of the reasons everyone is trying to get rid of the Patriot Act. I know they can surreptitiously search your home or business without a warrant, even with you not being present.

Was this prior to the Patriot Act being passed that this case was about? I truly hope the courts start realizing the mood of the citizens in this country and start ruling certain laws unconstitutional, especially ones that violate our rights and freedoms. It ha been 19 years for cryin out loud since 9/11. They don't need to turn all their intelligence and federal law enforcement loose on most of the good citizens because we have a very few true terrorists around here. If we have 300 million citizens (haven't checked lately), then we are talking less than 1% that is a potential problem. I don't think the rest of us, 99+% should have to be harrased, have freedoms taken away or at least curtailed. We have more of a threat in fatal traffic crashes and DUI fatalities that the total number of people killed by terrorists in the US. Talk about over-reactionaries! The only excuse for this is the police state and their fear of loss of power. They have to have their boogy man that some believe we need the governments protection from. I have never seen a terrorist where I live. I have seen a lot more people killed by other means though.

Sorry for the rant there! It is making me crazy....

Edit for spelling

[edit on 4/4/10 by spirit_horse]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux

The Justice Department has not decided whether or not to appeal the ruling.

www.shortnews.com...
www.nytimes.com...

And this is why I believe that Obama has done the vulcan mind meld, he has been assimilated by the borg, he has been touched by the vorlons, he has received the mark of the beast. There can be no other explanation.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Unfortunately, that's not what the courts do.

They don't care what the people think (the supreme court of the US, at least). They're suppose to be that way, because the people sometimes want unconstitutional laws passed -- and if the SCOTUS were accountable to the people, their role in this great country would quickly become corrupted.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
oh for pete sakes, I wasn't a Bush fan, but after a year with Obama I would take him back in a heart beat. Seriously this is the best they can come up with?

Whether or not this is the best they can come up will is irrelevent, what he did is still illegal by American law.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
It ha been 19 years for cryin out loud since 9/11.

I sure this is only a typing mistake, as we all know it has only been 9 years

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by christianpatrick
And this is why I believe that Obama has done the vulcan mind meld, he has been assimilated by the borg, he has been touched by the vorlons, he has received the mark of the beast. There can be no other explanation.

Can I have whatever you're having, please I'll be your friend for life

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Well as much as i agree there is one alternative that I can think of. Mainstream progressive indoctrination brought by years of being an elitist. Just wanted to throw that out for ya.

top topics

join