It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama's 17-minute, 2,500-word response to woman's claim of being 'over-taxed'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Subjective Truth
Is income tax the only tax we pay in America?

Well what taxes? Be specific? I hear too many fellas yapping on about things they care not to explain. Its exactly what walking fox stated earlier, its this rhetocal questioning with a motive. Would you care to explain where others prefer just to slip one liners over?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This issue is really simple he tried to spin the truth. We have seen it from both sides a million times and he is a master. When the next guy gets in office they will spin the truth to and we will never really see what is behind the curtain.

Right vs. left is a game to control us. If one side goes to far the other side steps in and sets it straight. But in reality they are both sides and either they go really fast or slow it down a bit but in the end we are still reaching the same end. I am not speaking for the right or the left anymore. I speak from my heart and I think others should do the same.

And if your heart is telling you that crushing the other sides view is the right thing you need to re-examine why you are doing this. And who you are doing it for.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I'm glad a President has taken the time to actually try to talk to the American people in such an open setting. I am glad that President Obama took the time to carefully and fully explain the answer to the question that the woman asked of him. I wish more politicians and political leaders would take the time to care this much.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Is income tax the only tax we pay in America?

Well what taxes? Be specific? I hear too many fellas yapping on about things they care not to explain. Its exactly what walking fox stated earlier, its this rhetocal questioning with a motive. Would you care to explain where others prefer just to slip one liners over?

Sales tax,property tax,inheritance tax..... I could go on but I think you get the point. I have to wonder why you would even ask? Is this another game or what?

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
I'm glad a President has taken the time to actually try to talk to the American people in such an open setting. I am glad that President Obama took the time to carefully and fully explain the answer to the question that the woman asked of him. I wish more politicians and political leaders would take the time to care this much.

So you feel he answered the question? A good question to ask yourself is if Bush had given the same answer would you be picking it apart right now or would you be patting him on the back?

It seems to me it has gotten to the point were right and wrong dont matter anymore and it is all about agenda and if your agenda is wrong well you had just better just role with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Your no different from the rest subjective. Just derail what I specifically asked you.

This issue is really simple he tried to spin the truth.

I asked you where you were being overtaxed. Stop derailing.

We have seen it from both sides a million times and he is a master.

Still derailing my question to you. Where have you been overtaxed?

Right vs. left is a game to control

Well isnt that rather hypocritical? The thread title comes straight from the rightwing echochamber. Go to google and see how many rightwing propaganda websites are pushing this article. Its pathetic and yet here you are insisting and defending it. Who is playing into the right vs left game?

Again, where are you being overtaxed?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You are the one playing the game I answered your question but you picked a post form three back to use instead of the one I directed to you . What would you call that I call it game playing. And I have dealt with you before am I really going to change your mind.

And just for the record could you show me were I was choosing sides. I would like you to prove what you say instead of just saying it. Good look with this one you are going to need it.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

You are the one playing the game

Im not the one defending smears from the rightwing echochamber. You said it yourself, the 'right vs left wing' game, yet you continue to defend and play into it.

I answered your question

No you didnt. You went on about something totally different. Again, where have you been overtaxed? Its rather simple, list the taxes that you blame Obama for.

Where have you been overtaxed? Stop running away from the question.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Where we are being overtaxed

And rather have you focus on the list posted and use semantics over fees vs. taxes, allow me to point out the very nice detail in the replies. Keep in mind that article was written May 10, 2006.

theban said...
As a corporate tax accountant I would have to agree with Troy Camplin. Ultimately, corporations are run for profit, after tax profit. period. To a corporation taxes are just another "expense". I can confidently say that the W-2 wage earner is taxed a the highest "effective rate"

Take a $100...
I have $100 to pay you for a days work.
Now, I have to pay employer FICA so I will offer you $92.89
($100/1.0765) because 92.89 + 7.65% FICA = $100 what I have to spend

So you get $92.89 but you have employee FICA taken out at 7.65% leaving you with $85.78 ($92.89 x 92.85%)

Next comes the Federal Income Tax and we'll just stay conservative with 15% tax bracket. Now remember it's 15% of you $92.89 (yes, they effectively tax you on your FICA tax) so now you have roughly $71.85

Now if you live in in a State that assess a state income tax (only 7 states have no income tax) like Oregon set at 9% (of $92.89 = $8.36) so now you have $63.49.

Now say you go an buy a carton of cigarettes with your money, that's what I just did yesterday and it was right around $60. The tax in Oregon is currently $1.18 pack or $11.80 per carton.

I have now received $51.69 benefit in exchange for my $100 worth of labor.

Any questions... send them to
[email protected]
3:34 AM
theban said...
Oh... I forgot to account for the other employer taxes that I would have to deduct first....
FUTA at 0.8% (Federal Unemployment) They extend benefits...
FICA (already included)
State Unenjoyment (usually 1%-2%)
Workers Comp "insurance" I've seen as high as 16% but ...

You get the idea...
eventually you end up paying, directly or indirectly, about 60%-70% in taxes.

Now you know why I chose to become a tax accountant.

Someone once said..
The rich don't get rich by making money.... the rich get rich by not paying taxes.

[email protected]
www.MyEnrolledAgent.com

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Why not just face the simple truth that you have no idea what her intentions were. Your first post was about trolling. And then when cornered you say well look at her tone. You have to be kidding me right.

No, I'm completely serious. And I said nothing about her tone. I said look at the phrasing.

"Why are you overtaxing us?"

It's accusative, it's subjective, it's leading. There is no reference to how much tax the questioner regards as too much, just right, or not enough. So the person being asked the question has to go with the accusation that they are overtaxing the questioner. It's similar to the old "Have you stopped beating your wife?" question or - to put it in a political context - "Hey hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?"

Now I'll admit. I'm assuming. I'm assuming that this woman is bright enough to understand her own words. It could be that she's just a very clumsy speaker and her accusative statement-as-a-question was totally accidental.

However, it doesn't change the fact that it's still an accusative statement posed as a question.

Maybe I'm a Corsican prince, too, like I said. it's a funny world, ain't it?

Do you really look at the world like this pretending to know what people think.

Yeah, actually. When people make statements, they're basically telling you what they think. It's sort of the basis for human communication. Maybe you're just not very good at understanding such things as language comprehension?

Your agenda has clouded you vision of things and it has made you resort to trolling to win a fight. You can not win with issues so why not make wild accusations and back them up with nothing.

Obama bored an audience answering a question (Well, a statement with a question mark) about taxes. This isn't an "issue," and the fact that you're trying very hard to pretend that it is really says a lot more about your agenda than it does about mine.

You are what is wrong with ATS. I am sorry but you do not believe in arguing the issues you only want to inflict pain on the other side.

When the "other side" consists only of lies, misinformation, spin, and hate, then yeah, I'm going to inflict as much pain as I can, I'm going to throw as much fact in their face, and I'm going to belittle them as much as I can conceivably manage. I would be remiss in my participation in this community if i did anything else.

By the way, if you're going to claim that someone is "what's wrong with ATS" you might want to see about having your post saying blacks ruined Africa scrubbed. 'Cause i think it's stuff like that that drags ATS down.

But I guess at least now I understand why you detest Obama so much, yeah?

The point is he will not address simple question.

Actually the point is he DID address it, and it took forever because it's NOT a simple question.

Stop lying.

He always tries to spin everything so you have no idea were he is coming from so that later on he can say that is not what he meant. This is called spinning the truth.

So is trying to turn it into an "issue"

You should really stop lying.

I doubt he even believes what he says half the time.

Liars are often paranoid about being lied to.

When will you guys see he is exactly the same as Bush. He loves war and taxes and could care less about the middle class or unemployment.

He loves war so much that he hasn't started any in his first year, and loves taxes so much that he gave most Americans a tax cut, and cares about unemployment so little that the Bush-era unemployment spike has completely reversed under his hand.

Do you even understand what the phrase "exactly the same" means, or are you just lying again?

Benefits run out on the 5th why is he not talking about this? I would say it is the biggest issues right now other than the economy.

Maybe because he was addressing the "issue" of some saucy bint with a poor speaking ability who asked about taxes.

Also flag for the OP you sure did bring out the trolls with this one.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by Subjective Truth]

As your presence confirms.

[edit on 4-4-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

[edit on 4-4-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I will make it simple for you please post my statement were I show myself as rightwing.

I dont care what you call yourself, as far I can see it your defending the OP while refusing to answer my very simple question.

Where are you being overtaxed? Why are you running away from the question? So your not being overtaxed then? So you disagree with this woman? There we go! I'll make the question alittle easier for you.

Do you agree or disagree with the statement from the woman?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

The fact is all those taxes had existed well before this president came in for a good 8 years to say the least under the previous administration, we didnt have people like you or this woman question a damn thing. Infact well before election season you folks never bothers to come onto this political forum and complain. Interesting is it?

Just makes you realize all the more that this is all about smearing the current president for personal reasons.

I will agree that we do have too much hidden taxes, but you'll never get me to agree with you if you use this as an excuse to smear this administration. If you want to argue about tax reform, I'll happily agree with you on the points. If you want to argue that this administration is overtaxing you, I will call you out because that is utter BS.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

And I am not walking away from the argument

And yet your walking away from it now. It was a rather simple question. Where has this administration overtaxed you?

Im just astounded that you blatantly refuse to answer this very simple question after defending the OP. You completely derailed what was specifically addressed to you.

What a way to run away from an argument.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Obama never really says anything, all of his speeches are just spin. Has nobody noticed this before, everything he says, he says it with far to many words. He says it with far to many head swivels. using 17 mins worth of dialog he still didn't give the lady a straight answer. he has been caught in one lie after another, and we are Called Racist if we don't like like this Bozo.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join