It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does American MSM TV have to be so unintelligent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Okay. First off, I'm not Anti-American. I'm an American myself. I just really don't understand.

I'm not one of those people that will completely put off the mainstream media just because I don't believe everything that's said on it. I like to watch the mainstream media because they do every now and then, have intelligent guests on there, who say things I haven't even thought of. Occasionally they'll get into an interesting discussion here and there.

But most of the time they're just drowning out the same talking point over and over. Most of the time it's like they're not really having a real dialogue but they just are repeating themselves.

It's just that I read American magazines, and, even American newspapers are so much more intelligent than the mainstream television news networks. It's like magazines are written for a more intelligent audience whereas television news networks just seem for the channel-surfer who really isn't all that interested in politics.

Is it just the nature of the medium? I'm not bringing up international mainstream media... because I think that it's probably the same in other countries. But, like I just find print medium- like magazines to be so much more intelligent than American television. I just really don't see why it would make that much of a difference.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Demand and supply

Demand and supply

Being entertained is easier than being informed

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The MSM, or the corporations that control them are in no way unintelligent. They're probably some of the smartest people around.

Do not think of them as unintelligent, that would be underestimating your enemy.

Can you enslave the American people and take away their voice, while having people believe that everything is okay without intelligence?

edit- in case you got me wrong, what I'm saying is don't for a second think that the MSM's intention is to expose the truth or report news as it happens, how it happens. Although all of their slogans claim the above, the exact opposite is true.

Oh, what is that? Real news happening? Quickly! Run a 30 minute breaking news report on Tiger Woods or how evil the constitution is!

[edit on 3-4-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Most yanks are idiots.

In order to get the most viewers, so tv management can charge more for advertising, they have to appeal to the lowest common denominator. Since most yanks are idiots you can imagine what the lowest common denominator of idiots they represent.

beer, baseball, boobs, that's all most of them care about.

I stand by Most yanks are idiots.
Compare any professional (lawyer, doctor, architect, etc) brit with a professional yank and you' see that we are way below them in intelligence.

Some info-babe said the same thing years ago and she either lost her job or had to apologize.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlubberyConspiracy
The MSM, or the corporations that control them are in no way unintelligent. They're probably some of the smartest people around.

Good point -they probably just don't want people to start thinking for themselves.

George Carlin touches on the point in this clip where he talks about the decline of critical thinking (contains swearing).

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

It's just that I read American magazines, and, even American newspapers are so much more intelligent than the mainstream television news networks. It's like magazines are written for a more intelligent audience whereas television news networks just seem for the channel-surfer who really isn't all that interested in politics.

Is it just the nature of the medium? I'm not bringing up international mainstream media... because I think that it's probably the same in other countries. But, like I just find print medium- like magazines to be so much more intelligent than American television. I just really don't see why it would make that much of a difference.

You have answered your own question mate! Magazines/newspapers are for people who can read, TV is for people who can see and hear.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Probably because they cater to their biggest audience.

I dont know how to expand on this right now.

top topics

join