It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official – Obama is the first African-American president

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thank you.

Honestly, the president filled out his Census form and said he was "African-American". How is that even newsworthy?

Unless someone was trying to get this whole "birther"/"non-birther" argument going again.

(I really hate the term "birther", but I don't know what else to use)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

There is nothing to substantiate the claim made by that fringe news source that Obama was born in Africa. They made it up entirely.

You have also failed to explain why the Hawaiian newspapers of the day published Obamas birth announcement. This is a historical fact and not an invention. Are you claiming that time travelers went back to insert the announcement way back in 1961? Both the Honolulu Advertiser and the Star Bulletin published his birth announcement. How could that have happened if he was born in Kenya as you insist?????

Image link to the Honolulu Advertiser newspaper announcement of Obamas Birth in Hawaii. Image link 1

Image link to Star Bulletin announcement of Obamas birthImage link 2 link

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Ok so your newspapers are more valid than the one I linked?

Um okay...done with this one.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Birthers believe, Those who have rational thought choose to follow the evidence of Obamas Birth. It leads to Hawaii, not Africa. There is no credible evidence supporting the Africa claim, but there is a great deal of evidence for His Hawaiian birth. Show me some evidence for Africa and I will consider it. Thus far all I have seen in favor of Africa is garbage.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

You linked to a story about a different corrupt politician that only briefly mentioned Obama being African in one sentence, and it contained NO EVIDENCE. The article was about Jack Ryan, not Obama. I linked to actual photocopies of his birth announcement, that were not faked but are a matter of verifiable public data. You can check the Data yourself if you wish to verify them. They were a matter of pubic record long before Obama entered into politics.

[edit on 3/4/10 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
This is my last addition to this thread also. It's been gone over again and again. TBTB got him where he is today and he's doing exactly what they want. McCain did all he could to convince people Obama was legit,even,which just goes to prove there is no appreciable difference in the two parties at the top. (Old news.)

Obama was in Hawaii from the afternoon of October 23rd to the morning of October 25th, ostensibly to visit his ailing grandmother. Hawaii is also the state Obama claims is his birthplace. In June, Obama released a copy of a birth certificate which was printed off a laser printer. It carries no state seal and cannot be verified.

While Obama was in Hawaii last week, he could have simply gone down to the Hawaii Department of Health on Friday, October 24th, requested a copy of the state sealed birth certificate, gone outside where the world's media would be waiting since they follow him everywhere and presented the birth certificate for the world to see. Over, done, finished.

Instead, Obama flies back to the mainland leaving the issue unresolved. WND reports they were told by government authorities in Kenya that all documents concerning Obama were under seal until after the U.S. presidential election on November 4, 2008. What's the big secret? Perhaps to black mail Obama down the road should he succeed in getting sworn in would be my guess. After all, Obama has a very cozy relationship with Odinga.

No sooner did Obama's plane lift off the ground to return stateside, Hawaii "Gov. Linda Lingle has placed the candidate's birth certificate under seal and instructed the state's Department of Health to make sure no one in the press obtains access to the original document under any circumstances." The State of Hawaii says a birth certificate can be requested by the individual, authorized family members, authorized legal representative or by a court of law;...

www.newswithviews.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

Birthers believe, Those who have rational thought choose to follow the evidence of Obamas Birth. It leads to Hawaii, not Africa. There is no credible evidence supporting the Africa claim, but there is a great deal of evidence for His Hawaiian birth. Show me some evidence for Africa and I will consider it. Thus far all I have seen in favor of Africa is garbage.

My point is that what you are saying is the splitting mirror image of the Birthers you debate with.

Switch the words in your paragraph around, switch "Hawaii" and "Africa".

Birthers would say exactly what you said, but with those 2 words in opposite spots. EXACTLY!

All evidence supplied to prove his location of birth, be it Africa Indonesia or Hawaii, are all CIRCUMSTANTIAL and EASILY FAKED.

That is why it has become a DIVISIVE issue.

The issue is simply being employed to drive people crazy, and foment conflict and confrontations between people who would otherwise be respectful neighbors....

The issue is so volatile and full of BS from both sides, there is no "Truth" in it to be found anymore.

I personally believe the Obama team (Or his puppet masters and their buddies in the MSM) is purposefully instigating these illogical and insane divisions over pointlessness. But this is my opinion based on my relative stance of perception.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Those who choose to ignore reality might agree with your claim that both sides of the coin have the same validity. The problem is that there is indeed factual evidence to support the Hawaii birth. Data that is not faked. There is nothing credible to support the claim that Obama was born in Africa.

Both of the Newspaper articles I pointed to existed long before Obama entered into politics. This is verifiable. Some secret cabal could not have gone back in time to plant the evidence before Obama was anything more than just another kid on the block. There are also those who remember his birth there, as it was not centuries ago, but just a few short decades ago. There is no credibility in dismissing those public files, and there is no credible evidence to refute them. Sure you can make all the claims that you want, that Obama is from Venus if you wish, but I have not seen one shred of evidence to support the Africa claim and a significant amount to support the Hawaii position. Given that the newspaper announcements date from 1961, and are verifiable, how does that fit in with the Africa claim? IF one wished to simply dismiss them as fake, where is the supporting evidence? Making a random claim is not evidence.

If one chooses to make the Africa claim one must supply verifiable evidence, as well as evidence that refutes the Hawaii Data. Why has no one been able to come up with any?

The Birthers are simply slinging mud, without anything to back it up. It is a cheap shot based on fearmongering and ignorance. Much of what they claim is factually incorrect. Notice the earlier poster who claimed that Obamas father was from the Middle East, when that is clearly not the case as he was from Kenya. Notice that they made the claim that Obama was raised Muslim for most of his life, when he was never adherent to the muslim faith. I have been to Indonesia, and will be there again this year. Does that make me Muslim as well??? I have even been in several Indonesian schools. Does that mean that I must be Muslim to go there?

If anyone would like to show me EVIDENCE that Obama is from Africa I would gladly take a look at it. Thus far all I have seen is baseless claims without any data to support it.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What is so conveniently forgotten was the "one drop rule" meant that many previous American president have been alleged to be black by dint of a black ancestor somewhere in the lineage.

I consider Obama's census statement(s) to be a complete non-event. For the record I believe that he was born in Hawaii as I could not have attended the birth.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
WOW...

Once Again. my sole purpose in posting this obviously news worthy item - as demonstrated by the Reuters News Organization (silly rabbits) was to reaffirm the Main Stream Media's idiotic attempts at DISINFORMATION, AND REDIRECTION over real news worthy issues.

On top of that, Reuters served a secondary purpose in this article to basically COMMAND the minds of most feeble minded people to believe Obama proved his right to be President of the US by filling out his census card (God forbid he somehow MIGHT be illegitimate and a violation of the American Constitution! ).

Thus, in the back of those feeble minds that had questions about Obama's legitimacy, the issue can now be put to rest because 1.) Reuters said so, and 2.) Obama filling out the 2010 Census proved it...

I posted this joke so that intelligent folks could see the ridiculousness of what Reuters believes is "News"... Vs. news items such as 30 State Governors Receiving Letters Demanding Their Resignation or Suffer Physical Removal From Office - which was reported on today.

What I find for the most part is folks slinging mud around instead of acknowledging the stupidity of the OP.

While I can thank you, my fellow ATS members, for all the conjecture, lets try to have a nice day, and laugh a little in this life shall we? =)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I thought Bill Clinton was the first black President isn't that what Chris Tucker said at the BET Awards one time. =P

(Btw- did you all know bill clinton has an office in Harlem New York? He eats collard greens at a diner across the street frequently).

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Isn't it a crime to lie on a census. He said he was american and clearly

that was a lie.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Umm, given he spent more of his life with his white Mother and white Grandfather and his formative influences in terms of where he spent his earlier life, educational and social influences were mostly not African/African American, it seems more posturing.

Obama is bi racial and nothing can conceal that. His father also came from people who had a lot of Arabic ancestry as well as African. Obama wasn't around African American people very much except when he needed them to introduce him to the Black communities in Chicago and took it from there.

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

His religion was registered as Muslim when he was living with his Indonesian stepfather and his mother. There is an official document which is not a fake. His Indonesian stepfather adopted him according to Indonesian custom.

You obviously know nothing about what constitutes a Muslim. In Iran for example former Muslims are imprisoned and/or hanged/executed in other ways for apostasy. In Islam, once a Muslim always a Muslim. There is evidence from Obama's own mouth in videos.

In Islam it is okay to lie for the religion. Obama has never been christened. He is a Muslim - his father was a Muslim and his stepfather was a Muslim and he was raised as one. He should just come out and admit it. Not doing so makes him look incredibly deceitful and is probably one of the reaons why the Israelis don't wish to co operate with him.

link   
reply to post by Terapin

His religion was registered as Muslim when he was living with his Indonesian stepfather and his mother. There is an official document which is not a fake. His Indonesian stepfather adopted him according to Indonesian custom.

You obviously know nothing about what constitutes a Muslim. In Iran for example former Muslims are imprisoned and/or hanged/executed in other ways for apostasy. In Islam, once a Muslim always a Muslim. There is evidence from Obama's own mouth in videos.

In Islam it is okay to lie for the religion. Obama has never been christened. He is a Muslim - his father was a Muslim and his stepfather was a Muslim and he was raised as one. He should just come out and admit it. Not doing so makes him look incredibly deceitful and is probably one of the reaons why the Israelis don't wish to co operate with him.

link   
reply to post by Terapin

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
According to this article, he may not be the first black president of the US.

www.britannica.com...

I haven't researched the latest on the birthers thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't a natural-born American. Off topic, but remember that strange character from the 7/7 London bombings. The victim that appeared with bandages even before ambulances got there, let's hope is not apart of this very secretive and plain crazy/cocky group of people. I brought it up in terms of infiltration, so don't bash me you Obamamaniacs. For some reason I have not been too interested in the Obama/President thing because I see that so many problems in the World are not about one person. Anyways, let me not rant. I got my point across, please be easy on me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join