It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
President Barack Obama has done his civic duty and filled out his Census form, and in doing so confirmed that he is, indeed, the first African-American U.S. president.
Obama checked African-American on the form when he filled it out, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said. And he did it without giving it a great deal of thought.
Originally posted by Terapin
This is so not news. Did anyone think that Obama was of Chinese or Norwegian decent???
Or are you going to tell me that people in the future used the CERN time machine to go back in time to plant his birth announcement in the Hawaiian news papers???
Anyone asked to cubbyhole me into a census box wouldn't think twice about checking "caucasian".
Originally posted by daddyroo45
With people of mixed heritage,to avoid lying to the federal government,they should have done what I did. I marked my race and my family's race as Human!
Does this make the Russian the same as the Greek, or the German??? They could all check off "White" but it reduces their ethnic group to zero ethnic significance.
In Obama’s book, DREAMS OF MY FATHER..
* “I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER’S RACE”
* “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”
* “That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”
However, while campaigning in Kansas, Obama frequently emphasized that his mother was white, and that he had grown up in a predominantly white world.
* (Obama) vowed that he would “never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”
* “I was trying to raise myself to be a black man in America, and beyond the given of my appearance, no one around me seemed to know exactly what that meant.” Honolulu’s paucity of African-Americans meant he had to learn to be black from the media: “TV, movies, the radio; those were places to start. Pop culture was color-coded, after all, an arcade of images from which you could cop a walk, a talk, a step, a style.”
* About student life and race at Occidental College Obama wrote “There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.” He added: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”
Originally posted by Terapin
He was born in Hawaii to a white baptist mother and an African father. His mother raised him. There is plenty of evidence to prove this. If he was born in Africa as you claim, then why oh why did the Hawaiian newspaper publish his birth announcement on the day of his birth??? Explain that if you can.