It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official – Obama is the first African-American president

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

It's official – Obama is the first African-American president

blogs.reuters.com

President Barack Obama has done his civic duty and filled out his Census form, and in doing so confirmed that he is, indeed, the first African-American U.S. president.

Obama checked African-American on the form when he filled it out, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said. And he did it without giving it a great deal of thought.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm laughing so hard, it hurts... well Reuters has declared that filling out the U.S. Census form "OFFICIALLY" makes Obama an American and the legal "President" of such it seems.

Forget about all that Constitutional Violation stuff, the hedging - and cat and mouse dodging - Obama has done to block America and it's Legislative Branch from validating his right to hold office... via his REAL Birth Certificate...

Reuters has Declared it, so all you AmeriCANS can rest easy now because if Reuters declared it, it's gotta be golden!

"doooh, hey... I knew that!...."

blogs.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is so not news. Did anyone think that Obama was of Chinese or Norwegian decent???
He is mixed African American and his birth record is quite clear despite the nonsense being mucked up by crazy "birthers." Not only was he born in Hawaii as his birth certificate shows, but the newspapers of the day even publicized his birth at the time. Or are you going to tell me that people in the future used the CERN time machine to go back in time to plant his birth announcement in the Hawaiian news papers???

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
This is so not news. Did anyone think that Obama was of Chinese or Norwegian decent???

No but I am sure many thought he was Hawaiian...Why? Because that's how the story was set up. To this day Obama denies his middle eastern background...look into it a bit everyone I highly suggest you do. He was born in Africa but was of Muslim practice and faith all throughout school. Now all of a sudden his past just gets wiped and transformed into whatever the CIA wants it to be. This man's term in office has completely shown just exactly what TPTB can do if they want to. Sad but true.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Before the census I guess it was a bit of a guess?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Or are you going to tell me that people in the future used the CERN time machine to go back in time to plant his birth announcement in the Hawaiian news papers???

Hey! there's an idea...

I'll get right on it! Maybe we can get a media war going between Fox News and Reuters over it!

The point of my posting this is not to dispute the Obama Birth Certificate SO MUCH as to point out that the sheeple, if some had doubts about Obama's credibility pertaining to things they heard about the birther issue, are being TOLD by reuters that Obama's filling out the stupid 7 question Census form proves Obama's credibility...

Which is ABSOLUTELY HILLARIOUS!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think this is just silly. A real nonissue, at least for me. Of course he checked "African-American". He identifies with that group, regardless of the exact percentage of "white" vs. "black" blood coursing his veins.

Does anyone think this is a decision he just arrived at? As opposed to something he's felt and identified with most of his life?

Since when does anyone require a human pedigree certified "pureblood breed" to acertain the proper box to check? Rediculous. Is there anyone who thinks they ARE a purebreed anything? I certainly don't.

I'm not white. I'm beige. A tawny beige.
Anyone asked to cubbyhole me into a census box wouldn't think twice about checking "caucasian".

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm certain this isn't the first time an elected official has signed or pledged something as a matter of form and not substance. How about that oath of office to uphold the constitution all our lawmakers take?

But hey, at least he didn't claim to be "Native American"!

gj

edited for dyslexic spelling

[edit on 3-4-2010 by ganjoa]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
With people of mixed heritage,to avoid lying to the federal government,they should have done what I did. I marked my race and my family's race as Human!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Anyone asked to cubbyhole me into a census box wouldn't think twice about checking "caucasian".

You could check Native American.... or perhaps Hispanic for that matter

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

He was born in Hawaii to a white baptist mother and an African father. His mother raised him. There is plenty of evidence to prove this. If he was born in Africa as you claim, then why oh why did the Hawaiian newspaper publish his birth announcement on the day of his birth??? Explain that if you can.

His Father was Kenyan which is not middle eastern as you state. Learn to read a map. He was also not brought up Muslim all his life. He did live in Indonesia for a short time which is a primarily Muslim nation, but he was never a practitioner of the Muslim faith. That is simply a distortion by political factors trying to somehow discredit him in a lame attempt to try to use ignorance and fear for political gain. Those who buy into such nonsense only reveal their own lack of critical thinking.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
With people of mixed heritage,to avoid lying to the federal government,they should have done what I did. I marked my race and my family's race as Human!

This is in fact the ONLY correct answer when asked about Race, as the census does. There are no human subspecies and the concept of Race is an artificial social construct without any basis in science. There is only one Human race, namely Homo Sapiens Sapiens. There are different ethnic groups certainly, but only one race.

I checked off "Other" and wrote in Homo Sapiens Sapiens. I though about checking off African American as everyone on earth can trace their ancestors back to Africa at some point, but decided to check "other" as selecting African American would improperly skew the census.

It is interesting to note that the Census does not give the option of selecting Brown, Black, Yellow, Red or any other color, but does offer a significant variety of ethnic groups to select "White" which is more suited to a color than a people. Does this make the Russian the same as the Greek, or the German??? They could all check off "White" but it reduces their ethnic group to zero ethnic significance.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

There's a flaw here.

If TPTB knew he was from Kenya OR a muslim, then why pick him???

Why pick him out of all the governors, senators, congressmen, etc...

Why would they bother to cover up a lie when there are so many better candidates than him?

It does not make sense. And go ahead and flame me, call me a traitor, argue that I defend him, but the way I see it, it does not make sense.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Does this make the Russian the same as the Greek, or the German??? They could all check off "White" but it reduces their ethnic group to zero ethnic significance.

Exactly. And what of fair-skinned people born in, say, South Africa, who later attained American citizenship? White or African-American? The whole thing is fraught with peril and disinformation.

Edit to add: Census forms in the Cayman Islands want to know if you are Caymanian or not. Caymanian or status holder is the term for citizenship. Those not Caymanian are on work permit, or have attained "Residency Status".

If not Caymanian, you are asked to fill in your nationality -- the place where you were born, or are currently a citizen of. Skin tones are somewhat unimportant here.

[edit on 3/4/10 by argentus]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

In 1950 UNESCO (United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization) indicated that nations should stop talking about Race and instead talk about Ethnic groups. Apparently the US Census did not understand the concept and chooses to continue to promote racial ignorance, or in effect racism.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Some statements on Race from Obama....

In Obama’s book, DREAMS OF MY FATHER..

* “I FOUND A SOLACE IN NURSING A PERVASIVE SENSE OF GRIEVANCE AND ANIMOSITY AGAINST MY MOTHER’S RACE”

* “I ceased to advertise my mother’s race at the age of 12 or 13, when I began to suspect that by doing so I was ingratiating myself to whites”

* “That hate hadn’t gone away,” he wrote, blaming “white people — some cruel, some ignorant, sometimes a single face, sometimes just a faceless image of a system claiming power over our lives.”

However, while campaigning in Kansas, Obama frequently emphasized that his mother was white, and that he had grown up in a predominantly white world.

* (Obama) vowed that he would “never emulate white men and brown men whose fates didn’t speak to my own. It was into my father’s image, the black man, son of Africa, that I’d packed all the attributes I sought in myself, the attributes of Martin and Malcolm, DuBois and Mandela.”

* “I was trying to raise myself to be a black man in America, and beyond the given of my appearance, no one around me seemed to know exactly what that meant.” Honolulu’s paucity of African-Americans meant he had to learn to be black from the media: “TV, movies, the radio; those were places to start. Pop culture was color-coded, after all, an arcade of images from which you could cop a walk, a talk, a step, a style.”

* About student life and race at Occidental College Obama wrote “There were enough of us on campus to constitute a tribe, and when it came to hanging out many of us chose to function like a tribe, staying close together, traveling in packs,” he wrote. “It remained necessary to prove which side you were on, to show your loyalty to the black masses, to strike out and name names.” He added: “To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists.”

www.israpundit.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Kenyan-born Obama all set for US Senate

Why oh why is the question indeed? Remember the article is from 2004.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

He was born in Hawaii to a white baptist mother and an African father. His mother raised him. There is plenty of evidence to prove this. If he was born in Africa as you claim, then why oh why did the Hawaiian newspaper publish his birth announcement on the day of his birth??? Explain that if you can.

I'll explain it.

See, you did not grow up with him. You never actually saw or knew any of this.

You just read it online. And you picked the side that you liked the most.

Both sides are simply just stating what they WANT TO BELIEVE.

It is a Rorschach test, essentially.

All you did was READ stuff that SAID he was born where ever. And you believe it although it was never proven. It's all assumptions based on previous beliefs.

Same goes with the people you debate against. They believe what they want to believe because they READ it somewhere.

None of this amounts to proof though. Anything can be faked. Lies can spread easily.

The problem is not if Obama is a citizen or not, the problem is that people believe they know everything when in reality they have no first hand knowledge of such.

This is by far a bigger issue worldwide than some guy's citizenship.

Maybe if we as a people were more philisophical and open minded, we wouldn't be debating a guy's citizenship status in the first place...

Why ? Because we would have elected a Scientist or Economist to President not some Celebrity talking point politician.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Because he is the easy scapegoat. Everyone blames him for everything. Not only that they had no intention of him being reelected. They just want to cause as much damage as possible and be done with it. Guess what? Their plan worked perfectly, look around you.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

Yes. A person's citizenship should matter. I suspect that much of this pertains to the EEOC statistics, enforcement, regulations, etc. I don't think EEO was a bad thing; I think it accomplished some very valuable sociological/financial progress at the time it was created. Perhaps now, though it has become antiquated. Educational opportunities are still unequal.

Who is this person? AMERICAN. 'nuff said.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join