It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Does the Easter Bunny Have To Do With Easter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Moses was the last of the Hyksos Dynasty Pharaohs in Egypt,

So that's why he fled and lived in Midian, right? Oh, wait, that's made up, right?

the Hapiri/Habiru which the Bible teaches you are the Hebrew were in fact in complete control of Egypt and tyrannizing the people,

Please, please, please, please go read the Bible. The Bible says no such thing as you've said here. The Egyptians put the Hebrews under bondage because there were so many of them, they were afraid of being taken over or the Hebrews not helping the Egyptians if an enemy attacked.

as they previously had done in Babylon and other places, after taking over there.

There was no Hebrew people before they went to Egypt when Joseph was alive. Before that, it was one family that just kind of wandered around for a little bit.

Yes, Abram was called out of what later became Babylon. But he'd settled in Canaan. The Hebrews didn't return to Babylon as a nation of people until the fall of Judah and they were exiled.

[qupte]In fact the Hebrew was never slaves, but were slave traders.
According to?

What they are actually celebrating is the Passover of this great work of fiction on you and the world!

The Hebrew by the way still won’t speak the name(s) of their God

They don't speak his personal name because they view it as too holy to speak. They do say his other names though. (Adonai, Elohim, YHWH-Yireh, and so on)

and while archeological history shows absolutely no evidence of a Middle Eastern or African God named Yahweh there still are some yet to be erased references to Yahwesheh, Canaanite Patron God of Pirates and Mercenaries which the Hapiri/Habiru very much were.

Go back and review your sources. There definitely is evidence of YHWH worship in ancient times. Some even believing the YHWH worship started in Midian (interestingly, where Moses first encountered him).

Everything about the trio of Abraham’s religions and one God is almost entirely fiction that no actual real archeological evidence substantiates outside of the control cult books that sprang up to propagate and promote those religions.

It's easy to just dismiss things are entirely fiction, isn't it? On the contrary, archaeology repeatedly substantiates biblical accounts.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Oh no a cultist! Everyone stay calm and try not to make any sudden moves, agitating them can lead to them dropping 500 pound bombs on your village!

Shhhh!

Hello friend, those are very lovely flowers you are selling, sadly I left my wallet at home today!

The trios of religions that make up the sects of Abraham are fictions invented by Rome to utilize divide and conquer warfare through a plan I call Operation New World Order and you call the Holy Bible.

While you do imagine you know what you know, simply in large because you have read it, and come to believe it, because other people also read it and believe it and validate it, it is not actually rooted factually in archeological history.

This is why Biblical History and real History are two very different things that followers of these religions are always trying to reconcile and make fit Biblical History to validate their poorly founded and unfounded beliefs.

Let’s look at some truly amazing coincidences…

Julius Caesar (J.C.) = Jesus Christ (J.C.)
Brutus (the traitor) = Judas (the traitor)
The 12 Lictors who carried the Fasces for the Roman Consul/Emperor and accompanied him everywhere, represented the Law, Roman Law and the power of life and death = the 12 Disciples who carried the gospel representing the power of life and death over one’s eternal soul.

Now which came first? Caesar, Brutus and the Lictors or Christ, Judas and the Disciples, and the truth is one of the few things real archeological history can agree on with Christian religious history is that Caesar, Brutus and the Lictors came first.

Now lets look at either one, Caesar or Christ in the center as the sun (son) and the 12 Lictors or Disciples surrounding them as the signs of the Zodiac.

There sure are a whole lot of metaphorical coincidences involved wouldn’t you say?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Yes, they were threatened with death if they didn't join. It should be noted though, that there were Christians that had to join the Roman system of Christianity or else, so it wasn't as simple as some like to make it:

"The Christians finally taking over and making everyone join there faith."

There were many opposed to this as it required the Roman church adopting pagan practices. If one takes a look at history, they will see that Rome has never stood for Christianity as a whole and there have always been people standing against her. (If I were to have lived a few hundred years ago, I, for my beliefs would have the threat of death over my head!)

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Oh no a cultist! Everyone stay calm and try not to make any sudden moves, agitating them can lead to them dropping 500 pound bombs on your village!

Why are you being a jerk man?

The trios of religions that make up the sects of Abraham are fictions invented by Rome to utilize divide and conquer warfare through a plan I call Operation New World Order and you call the Holy Bible.

lol...Rome must be good if they were able to create two of the three faiths before the Roman Catholic Church existed.

While you do imagine you know what you know,

I think you're the one that imagines they know what they know.

simply in large because you have read it,

I've put a tad more effort into my beliefs than just reading the Bible.

because other people also read it and believe it and validate it, it is not actually rooted factually in archeological history.

We're just going to have to disagree about this, though archaeology repeatedly supports the biblical accounts.

This is why Biblical History and real History are two very different things that followers of these religions are always trying to reconcile and make fit Biblical History to validate their poorly founded and unfounded beliefs.

:@@

Now which came first? Caesar, Brutus and the Lictors or Christ, Judas and the Disciples, and the truth is one of the few things real archeological history can agree on with Christian religious history is that Caesar, Brutus and the Lictors came first.

Duh. Caesar came first. Are we to believe though that anyone that was betrayed was somehow copying Caesar?

Which came first, Caesar, or the 12 tribes of Israel? The 12 tribes. Jesus had twelve disciples because he was a Jew and the disciples were representative of the 12 tribes. (Of course, in reality, Jesus had more than twelve disciples. Twelve were closer to him than the others.)

There sure are a whole lot of metaphorical coincidences involved wouldn’t you say?

No. One can try and make connections all they want, but that doesn't mean the connection is true.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Even the Jews will tell you there never were 12 tribes, and no Archeological History really does not support biblical accounts.

Oh and how do you know that 2 of those 3 religions existed first, because Rome told you so, and history that has been rewritten time and time again say so?

After all you weren't there now were you?

What you will see is the Zodiac numerology showing up again and again in every system out there.

The Bible by the way had 75 major rewrites before the printing press was even invented and has since been altered over a 100 times since then.

It is a work of fiction, meant to get people to believe in prophecy, so they won't stand in the way of events that drive the world to a one world government.

Oh and by the way the Vatican is just a front for Rome and Rome is very, very good when it comes to practicing the arts of deception and divide and conquer warfare.

Discount that and cling to superstitious beliefs at your own peril.

Intellectually and academically Jewish, Chrisitan and Muslim teachings are all rooted in pure fiction.

Got the original ten commandments, what about the arc of the covenant, silly things to loose considering the importance attached to them!

There is a reason when we go into places like Iraq the first thing to fall is the Museum and the first places to be occupied are the sites of argeological importance.

The establishment loves to try to manipulate archeological evidence to mimick the Bible but the truth is, it really doesn't support the Bible as being historically accurate or relevant.

None of these trio of religions became relevant until Rome decided to make them relevant as part of a control mechanism and a system of divide and conquer warfare the masses are tricked in to fighting.

Spirituality is good, religion is bad, and religion has nothing to do with spirituality.

Thanks.

Try to stay calm now! Post Pardum depression can be tough!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hi/

Im not sure what the 'Easter Bunny'' has to do with Christs Resurrection, but the Eggs do have a symbolic meaning!
eg/
There is a legend that S.Mary Magdalene presented the Emperor of Rome,after the Resurrection with a red Egg....symbolizing Christs Resurrection!
''Christ has Risen''
A greek custom(not liturgical) is to boil and dye the eggs red(symbolizing the Blood of Christ)and to be eaten after the fast has been broken.
*during the Great Fast the faithful refrain from eating meat, eggs, dairy products, fish, wine, and oil*
Traditionally lamb(another symbolic meaning for Christ) is eaten on Paschal Sunday, the Lord's Day!
S.Pauls words to the Corinthians....
"purge out the old leaven,
that you may be a new lump,
since you truly are unleavened.
For indeed Christ,
our Passover,
was sacrificed for us.
Therefore let us keep the feast,
not with old leaven,
nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness,
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth" (1 Cor 5:7-8).

And for those that enjpy Chocolates,there's no harm done!

Xristos Anesti!

ICXC NIKA
helen

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Even the Jews will tell you there never were 12 tribes, and no Archeological History really does not support biblical accounts.

You are correct ProtoplasmicTraveler, as a Jewish I can verify that, it has helped me a great deal to do comparative religious studies, the most interesting is the Kaballah which is still a work in progress for me.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
Christmas was chosen, by Rome, to be celebrated when it was to make Christianity more appealing to pagans when Christianity became compulsory.

Yep.
The choice wasn't arbitrary that's for sure.

It has nothing to do with the actual worship of pagan deities.

Although I do see your point, wouldn't it still have to do with pagan worship if they kept certain Pagan traditions, rituals, and seasonal celebrations but combined them into an amalgamated Christian one?

From a conspiracy standpoint one could see the point being made that this could even have been a cover for continuing to worship other deities under a false premise by some leaders hiding their true faith.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Quite true.

There are also many Israeli/Jewish scholars that have mentioned this, as well as the fact that there is absolutely no proof that the Exodus even happened as mentioned in the Bible. The story may have been based on a small kernel of truth but not to the extent of the biblical claim, nor is there any proof of mass Jewish enslavement in Egypt at the time. Some believe that the European Jewish population for the most part were simply converts that genealogically have no claim to the land even if they use a biblical one.

Most of them have said that they are usually hushed on this issue, for fear of losing the biblical claim to the land or the support it provides.

Either way, I find it hard to take these holidays and the traditions associated with them too seriously. Most of those dogmatically defending them have no clue as to their true origins.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
Well, the whole Easter bunny thing isn't really a Christian tradition. I'd say it's more a cultural tradition than a Christian one. Go to any church tomorrow. I bet that it will be difficult to find an Easter bunny or egg.

Easter Sunday at First Parish in Cemetery

Easter Egg Hunt at Galveston Church

Cowboy Church

Egg Worship?

Just sayin'

[edit on 3-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the great replies and information in this thread, I have learned a lot from all of you, Happy Easter to those who celebrate.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/103e7528c445.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Take no offence at my slightly off-color view of the question "WHY does the Easter Bunny hide the eggs?" It's so nobody finds out what he's doing to the hens.

from behind the pine curtain

gj

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Here comes Peter Cottontail, hopping down the bunny trail. Hippity Hoppoty Easter's on it's way! I had to get that out, please forgive me. Anyway I believe Easter has something to do with the Equinox as well.

Most religious historians believe that many elements of the Christian observance of Easter were derived from earlier Pagan celebrations. The equinox occurs each year on March 20, 21 or 22. Both Neopagans and Christians continue to celebrate religious rituals linked to the equinox. Wiccans and other Neopagans usually hold their celebrations on the day or eve of the equinox. Western Christians celebrate Easter on the Sunday on or after the full moon that follows the nominal date of the Equinox -- MAR-21. The Eastern Orthodox churches follow a different calculation; their Easter celebration is often many weeks after the date selected by the Western churches.

www.religioustolerance.org...

At an equinox, the Sun is at one of two opposite points on the celestial sphere where the celestial equator (i.e. declination 0) and ecliptic intersect. These points of intersection are called equinoctial points: the vernal point and the autumnal point. By extension, the term equinox may denote an equinoctial point. An equinox happens each year at two specific moments in time (rather than two whole days), when there is a location on the Earth's equator where the centre of the Sun can be observed to be vertically overhead, occurring around March 20/21 and September 22/23 each year.

en.wikipedia.org...

Now all this makes me revert back to some research I had been doing regarding the sacred geometry of the magnetic poles of the earth. Something I stumbled upon quite accidentally by the way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2f01f47837a.jpg[/atsimg]

The above image has something to do with it. I'm sure I'll start a thread about all this when I can but for now I figured I would share what this thread made me think about. Coloring Easter eggs with the kids, a fine pagan ritual that we pass on to our offspring and never really know why. Oh well at least there are chocolate bunnies too!

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The Easter bunny is of pagan origin and is not Christian. Rabbits represent fertility, thus the saying "doin' it like rabbits".

Oh, and there were 12 tribes of Israel.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by dusty1

The Easter bunny is of pagan origin and is not Christian. Rabbits represent fertility, thus the saying "doin' it like rabbits".

Yes that is true, check out the many post here about the Pagan origins here on this thread.

Oh, and there were 12 tribes of Israel.

That question is up for debate, why do you make that statement, do you have proof?

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

You are correct ProtoplasmicTraveler, as a Jewish I can verify that, it has helped me a great deal to do comparative religious studies, the most interesting is the Kaballah which is still a work in progress for me.

[edit on 3-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

The Kabala is Jewish Mysticism ancient in origin that first came to the notice of the rest of the world when Jews in 14th Century Spain began practicing it openly.

Sephardic Jews especially enjoy the occult mysticism involved and many find it to be the spiritual equivalent of quantum mechanics, without the need for sophisticated technology and scientific theories.

Personally I believe all forms of occult mysticism really are about creating a self belief system to tap into the inherent and dormant powers of the human mind and soul, that we are taught basically from birth on to have no faith in, and are not real.

So many people do end up then needing talismans or props, rituals or spells to convince their own mind that the magical is possible.

It’s all really just emanating from the mind.

Amazingly my first real psychic, metaphysical and magical experience came through the tutorage of Uri Gellar the famed but discredited Israeli Psychic while he was walking TV viewers through how to repair watches and simple household appliances with the mind. It really worked for me, but it only worked for me, when watching Uri Gellar on TV coach me on how to do it, claiming he was helping all the viewers doing it with his own psychic powers.

I didn’t have absolute belief in my own, but I had absolute belief in his, so as long as I believed he was helping me, my mind had no doubt that it would work. When I tried to do it though all on my own, that doubt was present and prevented me from doing the same thing.

What the Kabala, rituals, talismans, spells etc, really are is convincing your own mind you can really do it, by believing there is something more powerful at play than just your own mind, like I originally discovered by relying on Uri Gellar!

The fascination with the Kabala is not limited to Jews either; many other people have a real interest in it and a fascination with it. It’s alleged at the time of their downfall the Knights Templar was dabbling in Jewish Mysticism too. Most evidence really points though to just the King of France not wanting to repay a sizable loan to the Templar Knights he had borrowed from them, and those accusations may have been fabricated.

However there is still much speculation to this day that the Templar Knights that survived founded the Scottish Rite Freemasons and that the heart of their rituals are forms of Jewish mysticism.

One thing is for sure, and that is most credible Jewish Scholars who have a real interest in heredity of the Jewish people can agree how many tribes there were, no one has evidence other than Biblical accounts that there were 12 or 13 that can be traced.

They vary from as low as three to as high as ten. Most admit that they likely will never know for sure at this point.

I did share your opening post comments with everyone I encountered today and everyone that I mentioned them too enjoyed hearing them.

Thanks for sharing them.

[edit on 4/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Personally I believe all forms of occult mysticism really are about creating a self belief system to tap into the inherent and dormant powers of the human mind and soul, that we are taught basically from birth on to have no faith in, and are not real.

That is also my belief system.

I did share your opening post comments with everyone I encountered today and everyone that I mentioned them too enjoyed hearing them.

Glad you enjoyed my opening comments, very interesting when you ask questions, the answers always surprise me. It reminds me when I am in a group of people and ask them if they believe in UFO's and if they think we are being visited, they share stories that I would never hear otherwise.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Just a quick follow up. We had a big Easter feast and all the family members brought traditional dishes. Boy the Deviled Eggs were good.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Just a quick reply, glad you had a great feast and hey those deviled eggs sound goooooooooooooood.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join