It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Templar Beliefs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I hear and read discussion of "escoteric" teachings of the Knights Templar...I have read that the Templars were the foundation of the Masons and the Rosicrucians.

So the question is where may I find a good collection of the beliefs that they practiced...a good resource.

I know the Rule but what of this "other wisdom?"

Thanks.

Take it easy

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
A internet search engine, Google is excellent for this. I do think this has been talked about already

[Edited on 3-6-2004 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I have done a lot of research and in the process of joining a Templar Order now but I would really like to get more info.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
i am not sure that there is any source at this time for what their actuall beliefs
were. the only point of agreement that i have found so far is that they were
" heretical" , but that covers such a broad spectrum as to be unhelpful.
i also would be interested if there is a source found.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Google search

You have to be a freemason to join, have to be a top degree mason to join.

Knights templar

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Google search

You have to be a freemason to join, have to be a top degree mason to join.

Knights templar

Only if you are a Masonic Templar not if you join the SMOTJ.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
the only point of agreement that i have found so far is that they were
" heretical".
They only point there is, is that they were deemed "heretical". I might add by orginizations that at one time depended heavely on them. They were a force to be wreckond with on the battlefield, and they started gaining power through their banking system. Again, fear of the unknown, and if something is a "secret" order it must harbor "secret" intentions, which of course HAVE to be evil intentions, cause we can't harbor good secret intentions

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
There is no evidence that the Knights Templar harbored any esoteric or hidden knowledge. All of the members were monks, and presumably, their beliefs followed orthodox Roman Catholicism.
The legend that the Templars held esoteric knowledge derives from he fact that they were persecuted for heresy. But �heresy� was simply away a way for powerful people to eliminate �undesirables� at the time. Practically all historians agree that the Templars were innocent of all charges levied against them, and their persecution was due to the greed of King Philip the Fair and Pope Clement.
The Templars had amassed huge sums of money...but they were monks who had taken vows of poverty, and so could not use it for personal reasons. They built orphanages and established many charities and hospitals in the Holy Land, but their treasury was still overflowing with gold.
Philip the Fair wanted the money, and convinced Pope Leo to go along with his scheme. They issued trumped-up charges against the innocent knights, which allowed them to confiscate their property, and the booty was split between Philip and Clement.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

and convinced Pope Leo to go along with his scheme.
i think it was Clement actually.

They only point there is, is that they were deemed "heretical".

many of the lower clergy were at one point or another deemed heretical. it was
rather easy to do. one example was of the lower clergys contention that
the upper clurgy should not surround themselves with wealth and the trappings of wealth. the standard was " if jesus walked why do bishops ride?"

IMO if they did have hidden knowledge it was probably in the nature of the
sciences and healing, and possibly a less than orthodox religious belief.
just because they did not adhere strictly to the roman catholic beliefs does
not mean they were not christian, or did not believe themselves to be christian. maybe even more christian than the pope.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
There is an outstanding source on the Templars, but it is in spanish, there are a lot of on-line translators you can use, anyway here it is:

www.moheweb.galeon.com...

Hope it helps

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hey there is a thingy on TV about the Templars at 8 O clock

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How extremist were the Templars?

top topics

join