It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor of Washington Park shot to death in his car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Mayor of Washington Park shot to death in his car

www.stltoday.com

Illinois police say the man shot to death in his car early Thursday morning in Washington Park was that town's mayor.

Mayor John Thornton, 52, had just left work as an overnight-shift foreman at a sanitation district when he was shot twice in the chest, at close range, about 5:45 a.m. Thursday. A motive for the shooting is unclear.

Reached at her home this morning, his daughter confirmed his death but declined further comment. Thornton leaves behind a wife and six children.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So this ain't an april fool joke. Can we take bets on how long will it take the medias to blame tea parties?

Anyway, my prayers to the family and hopefully the scum who did this will get arrested, convicted and sent to jail.

This is another sad story.......from the article, it seems this guy was a great person, always there for people...

www.stltoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It was some crackhead looking for his next fix im sure, and the mayor wouldn't give up any cash so BOOM...

Washington is murder capital of the U.S?... So I hear.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Washington Park, Illinois - not Washington, D.C.

sigh -- second line.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Murderer was in the car with him and apparently shot him while driving, the car then crashed into a tree and the passenger jumped out of the mayor's vehicle and into a getaway car. The driver of which was subsequently arrested a couple of hours later.

Also, St. Louis, not Washington DC.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
my prayers goes out to the family and the one who love how him he was doing as mayor of washington park and hope find the people and bring them justice
by police etc

new topics

top topics

join