It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson Is Concerned That Guam Will Tip Over...*Sigh*

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I look at this all as a golden opportunity. I would like to hereby be the first to claim all the future potentially high and dry real estate on what is now the bottom of the island. When it flips I figure I'll make a killing selling all the new land.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Guam's not an island, it's a BIG EFFIN BOAT! ..and so was Atlantis!

Geez, this guy gets elected and people gripe about Palin.
That's nothing more than Katrina wannabe mentality?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by total_slacker
I look at this all as a golden opportunity. I would like to hereby be the first to claim all the future potentially high and dry real estate on what is now the bottom of the island. When it flips I figure I'll make a killing selling all the new land.

A sound business move, my friend. Very well played.

Johnson's people are doing some fancy tap-dancing for his brain-dead remark.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
You know, in twenty or so million years when plate tectonics work their magic and tip teh Guam who's gonna be laughing?

Hank (the macro-geologist) Johnson that's who!

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

Where is that "Face in Palm" picture please? :shk:

[edit on Thu Apr 1st 2010 by TrueAmerican]

Here you go:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f94dbb7da7cc.jpg[/atsimg]

That about sums it up...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I feel REALLY bad for the Admiral. I sure when he woke up that morning, talking to the stupidest man on the face of the planet was not on the agenda.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Jesus, people! This is what I mean when people grab something and use it to push their agenda without any proper research behind the story!

Mr. Johnson is extremely ill and is on some serious medication that obviously impairs his thought process and judgement. I do agree it was a silly thing to bring up but at the same time you shouldn't be shouting someone down because of their illness! Perhaps this is a sign he should take time off until he recovers.

I don't understand how you can use one person's illness and misjudgment to condemn everyone else politically associated with him. That type of broad stereotyping is causing major problems that are very noticeable in this country by everyone and it's disgusting!

Yes, his choice of topic was badly timed and out of place but when you know the full story it's sad that people are calling for him to be outed and using this as a political wedge between people.

If you want to bash someone for being stupid why not start with Palin and the fact that she's obviously a bad mother when she literally flings around her handicapped child like a sack of potatoes with no regard to his safety. THAT is something that should be talked about and taken seriously.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Please please please tell me that was an April fools joke. If not, I think I just threw up a little in my throat. I give credit for the Naval officer to maintain his decorum......I wouldn't have been able to.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RcknShdw

Mr. Johnson is extremely ill and is on some serious medication that obviously impairs his thought process and judgement.

Whew........I was worried that he was voting on something serious like the healthcare bill I was worried there for a sec..................oh wait.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

LMAO!

Oh that was sad to watch. I really hope he doesn't think that Guam will capsize if there are too many people on it!

Sad sad sad.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Jeez, I just had to watch that because I couldn't believe anyone could say it.... (no matter what medication they are on!)

I thought the politicians in South Africa (my home country) were messed up, but I have never heard any of them say such a thing

Poor guy was fighting back the smile (prob laughter too) between 1:33 and 1:35. At least he kept it together

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
This man certainly went over every page of the HCB. Didnt he?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Oh, I see... it was a joke:

"The subtle humor of this obviously metaphorical reference to a ship capsizing illustrated my concern about the impact of the planned military buildup on this small tropical island."

We just didn't understand his subtle humor of this metaphorical reference! Because WE are to stupid....

Source

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

And this guy voted for the HC bill... good lord re we in trouble or what

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Alright, I have a frelling question here.

How the hell do we remove representatives that no longer have a mind?

C'mon, we can joke about this or say the poor man but how the hell do we remove them?

Seriously, we have a country that is in a depression and we have people like this representing us. Yeah, time for a change, a big change.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Mr. Johnson is extremely ill and is on some serious medication that obviously impairs his thought process and judgement. I do agree it was a silly thing to bring up but at the same time you shouldn't be shouting someone down because of their illness!

Hank Johnson suffers from hepatitis. Are they giving him methadone for this affliction?

Nobody is "shouting him down because of his illness". He's being called out for making one of the most ridiculous statements in history. This guy is my representative. I have a right to call him out.

Also, I'm not convinced medication is the source of his gaffe, nor do I buy the "maritime metaphor" excuse. This guy actually is not very bright. His inner circle knows it. His meetings with constituents are tightly controlled because of it.

[edit on 2-4-2010 by traditionaldrummer]

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Ouch. Palin / Johnson 2012? "Vote for us or America will tip over dontcha know!"

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by RcknShdw

Since he is so ill and incoherent, why hasnt he been removed from office?

Just out of curosity, did he get his Hepatitis through IV drug usage?

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I do agree it was a silly thing to bring up but at the same time you shouldn't be shouting someone down because of their illness!

I don't think there's any ilness which can remove every bit of basic understanding and common sense like that. So people are not "shouting someone down" because of any illness. Sure, one could blame the meds.
But if I went to work like that, I'd be fired.

Hank Johnson: "My fear, is that the whole island, will become ahh... so overly populated, that it will tip over and capsize..."

Navy Admiral: "Ahhh.. We don't atnticipate that"

He did well to keep it together there.

[edit on 2/4/10 by Curious and Concerned]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Geez, I've met people that having missing chromosomes that are smarter than this ass-hat.

But don't worry; he's only a Congressman. It's not like he's in any position of power passing decisions that will affect us all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join