It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chechen Rebel Claims He Ordered Moscow Metro Attack ? BBC source

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Chechen rebel leader Doku Umarov has said his group was behind Monday's double suicide bombings on the Moscow Metro, which left 39 people dead.

In a video message posted on a Chechen rebel website, he said he had personally ordered the attacks.

He said they were carried out to avenge the killings of "poor Chechens" by Russian security forces in February and warned Russia to prepare for more.

The message came as Russia buried the first victims of Monday's attacks

See full story at link, dated Wednesday 31st

news.bbc.co.uk...

Reason I didn't post this in Breaking News

is because half an hour ago, in one of the Moscow Metro threads, I saw no mention of the above news report

and because the information in the above-linked news report is a day old now and most probably doesn't qualify as 'Breaking News'

Still, I've looked swiftly through the ATS news and didn't see that the Chechens had claimed credit for the bombing

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, without going into the specifics of who did this, who retaliated to that, who's imperialistic doctrine sucks the most... I think I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this cat just brought the Russian Bear down on Chechnya, with all the Hind Gunships and T-80s he can lug with him... and God help anyone who had anything to do with this that summers in Georgia.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

My cat ordered the subway attacks in Russia. Putin is OK but he must realize that he is playing before a worldwide audience.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legion2112
Well, without going into the specifics of who did this, who retaliated to that, who's imperialistic doctrine sucks the most... I think I can say without a shadow of a doubt that this cat just brought the Russian Bear down on Chechnya, with all the Hind Gunships and T-80s he can lug with him... and God help anyone who had anything to do with this that summers in Georgia.

Maybe the Russian government was behind the attack??

Maybe the Russian agency no one knows anything about, the GRU, was behind it. The GRU is bigger and better than the KGB, btw.

They most likely were.

Who is gaining what?

The Russians just need more military operations to keep money flowing.

Therefore terrorist attack, blame Chechnya, gear up for more violence and war?

I don't know, maybe they are not planning retaliation on Chechnya?

But it sure seems like an inside job to justify more war down there in the Caucasus Region???

[edit on 31-3-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Agreed. Russia will retaliate swiftly and very harshly. God help the innocent souls of Chechnya.

Hopefully they will go another route in protesting, because suicide bombing Moscow is not going to accomplish anything but their own bloodshed.

Modern Academia posted in an earlier related thread (and I'm paraphrasing here)

It's not Islamic Fundamentalism, it's Separatism

I have to agree here.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The summer of 2010 would probably be one of the bloodiest in history. Both sides have been at war with another throughout many years.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yeah, I can't speak to whether or not this was a FF operation, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't - but what is for certain is that the Russians, especially the military intelligence complex, do NOT play around... a story my dad once told me (he was ex military, worked at the Pentagon for a bit) - I cannot testify to the veracity of this, but knowing how the old KGB and GRU used to operate (Putin, anyone?) I wouldn't put it past them...

Back in '79 when the Islamic revolution happened in Tehran, the fundamentalists didn't just stop at the American embassy - apparently the lot of 'em were ransacked, multiple hostages taken. The story goes that the Russian embassy at one point was left vulnerable and the revolutionaries kidnapped a few foreign dignitaries from Moscow. They sent a message to the state office at the Politburo demanding money and the release of what they termed "political" prisoners. The KGB went hunting in an around the Iranian embassy in Moscow and found themselves an Iranian national with ties to the fundamentalists... a week later, these fundamentalists were delivered a package in Tehran at their hideout by courier... in the package was a jar... containing the testicles of the national stationed in Moscow. The hostages were released, no questions asked, less than a week later...

Whether true or not, I'm just saying. It's going to be brutal, and it's going to come quick...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I just think we should be seriously considering the possibility that the Russians were behind it, false flag style.

To justify more war in the Caucasus region, and to justify clamping down on the freedoms of it's citizens. If they even have any...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I hear 'ya but I don't think Russia has to worry about inventing false flags.

And you almost said it but what other freedoms can they take away? I know much has changed and opened up for them but still...

Ever since Putin took over (what, a decade ago?), under different titles but he's still The Man, they have regained their past "swagger" for lack of a better term.

They are not to be messed with.

(and I'm not Russian BTW)

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by muzzleflash

I hear 'ya but I don't think Russia has to worry about inventing false flags.

And you almost said it but what other freedoms can they take away? I know much has changed and opened up for them but still...

Ever since Putin took over (what, a decade ago?), under different titles but he's still The Man, they have regained their past "swagger" for lack of a better term.

They are not to be messed with.

(and I'm not Russian BTW)

Yeah good points.

Maybe it is purely for fear mongering value?

I mean seriously, in 2010, how could 2 suicide bombers get past all the expected security in downtown Moscow?

Maybe I am just too skeptical because I don't trust the media.

It just seems pretty fishy.

Chechnya has been quiet lately, and it just seems out of place.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
just heard on german radio that theres question marks about whether the film is real or not...see if this gets mentioned again anywhere

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Isnt it interesting that the bbc came out with this, i.e mi5.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't usually play outside the "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar" box, but with all the steps that have been taken in recent years in Russia... Medvedev's election followed by Putin's practically self-annointment to the office of prime minister - increasing controls on media outlets, et al. - does anyone think that given the rich history Chechnya and Georgia share with the big Bear, this might be a false flag that could slowly lead to the occupation of former satellite states? There-creation of Cold War era buffers against Europe? I'm not saying it's the return of the hammer & sickle, but it seems as though since the Russians have gotten their sea legs back as it were (monumental increases in GDP, increased standards of living, the resurrection of the Russian military industrial complex) they have grown increasingly bold in their rhetoric regarding neighboring states (anyone remember Putin's not-so-subtle threat to Poland after rumors of the missile defense shield surfaced?). Just seems to me that they're constantly talking down to these countries as though they were still part of the Warsaw Pact.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What is with all the ignorant rumors and nonesense about Russia preparing to unleash fury on Chechnya? Do you all just get your kicks by fantasizing about wars? With each terrorist attack anywhere in the world now, all you hear are "false flag" and "this means war" kind of talk, usually coming from people who know little about the background issue. Yes, the US started a war because of 9/11. But that is one instance - and there have been hundreds of other terrorist attacks around the world that didn't lead to any wars. This is not the first terrorist attack in Russia, and by far not the worst. Did Beslan lead to a war? No.

There will be no war. Why? Because Chechnya is already firmly under Russian control. And Russia has already been actively hunting down and liquidating the remaining rebels hiding in the unpopulated mountains. There is no defined rebel-controlled territory anymore. And Russia has absolutely no interest in starting a conflict with the civilian Chechen population.

Equally ignorant are the false flag rumors. I know this is the catch phrase these days, but it is getting a bit overplayed. Any violent incident brings forth dozens if not hundreds of people trying to present their own false flag theory. All this does is take attention away from the real underlying issues of the tragic event, in an attempt to spin the events to match one's own agenda or bias.

Plain and simple this was a regular terrorist attack by the known Chechen terrorists. Just like a dozen other attacks in Russia before it, it will not lead do any major escalation of conflict.

top topics

join