It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Anomaly - New Video - WTH is this?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I just found this video, and other than the music it is quite intriguing! When the video comes to a stop and zooms in you can clearly see a perfectly shaped circle, on what appears to be a multiple platform object. The location also seems to be ideal for some sort of space base, as it overlooks what appears to be a large cliff...The video is short and to the point, check it out.

Before everyone gets all crazy about the source, I found the original and its from Malin Space Science Systems. The video appears to be 100% legit, the anomaly seems VERY real...and so I ask you...what could this be?

Doesn't look like a natural rock formation that's for sure. If you think it is, please provide an example to compare with so we can see this could be possibly nature at work. Debunkers and skeptics...have at it...

AMAZING ANOMALY ON MARS - GREAT EVIDENCE OF ALIEN BUILDINGS

This picture is pretty mind blowing
... The base looking object looks more like a base than in the video...You can see the cliff it lays on. And yes phage, it does look like a bottle opener...
I can't believe how well defined the lines are in the object.

Link to Full Size Original Picture - Best Quality Version Available

Original Picture Non Mapped - Large

Here are pictures I made with paint...I wish I had photoshop, and I never reinstalled GIMP when my comp crashed.
If anyone wants to enhance please do!

Here you can see clearly defined edges...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93bce7d26101.gif[/atsimg]

Here you can see how the object is placed perfectly on a cliff. Almost looks like a fancy hotel overlooking an ocean from the black and white
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0cd3755a3743.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 31-3-2010 by Smell The Roses]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
there's no context. how big is it? what are the exact coordinates? when was the photo taken and have there been more taken? what is the picture number? what is the geology of the area?

and to be clear, how do you know it's not a natural rock formation? mars' geology, atmosphere, weather, etc are pretty different from what we're used to, resulting in strange geologic formations. only some deserts and maybe antarctica(for the temperature) really come close to being similar.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Try looking at the video and the link they provide to the source....it has ALL the info your asking for if you just look.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Here I'll save you the work...

-Ancillary data for MOC narrow-angle image AB1-08405

Acquisition parameters

Image ID (picno): AB1-08405
Image start time: 1998-01-06T06:12:58.03 SCET
Image width: 1024 pixels
Image height: 3968 pixels
Line integration time: 1.3200 millisec
Pixel aspect ratio: 1.45
Crosstrack summing: 1
Downtrack summing: 1
Compression type: PREDICTIVE-221
Gain mode: 8A (hexadecimal)
Offset mode: 27 (decimal)

----------------------------------------------------

Derived values

Longitude of image center: 75.45°W
Latitude of image center: 6.81°S
Scaled pixel width: 4.59 meters
Scaled image width: 4.69 km
Scaled image height: 27.22 km
Solar longitude (Ls): 250.20°
Local True Solar Time: 13.92 decimal hours
Emission angle: 32.92°
Incidence angle: 30.18°
Phase angle: 25.27°
North azimuth: 267.15°
Sun azimuth: 140.50°
Spacecraft altitude: 1074.24 km
Slant distance: 1220.24 km

And here is the image in raw format from MSSS.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Zorgon's thread

i got this picture from, coincidentally one of my searches top returns, one of zorgon's threads right here on ats about this very same picture.

to me it looks like shadows with some interesting geology, not really a base per se.

as for doing the work for me...really if you're going to post a thread about a martian landscape picture, what i asked for(coordinates and links to it) should be in your OP and readers shouldn't be required to go off gallivanting into the internet for basic info about the picture in question. not to make your job, as thread starter harder, but to make it easier on the reader and just as a common courtesy to make debate easier. wasn't trying to be rude in requesting the info.

as for producing a picture from earth of similarity to it. nigh on impossible. the weathering of rock formations, distribution of different colored sands, dirts, etc, volcanic processes on scales unimaginable to humans(comparitively to that experienced on earth is what i mean), asteroid and meteor impacts for millions of years with little protection from the thin atmosphere and no large moon to protect it( phobos and deimos are pretty darn small compared to our moon), giant sandstorms lasting months across the entire planet, there is no correlation to that on earth. if you think there is, you're woefully incorrect.

i will say however, that it's not impossible for large chunks of stone to break off at 90 degree angles.

could it be some alien or human base on mars? sure, but i don't think so. i don't see any indication that anything has ever walked or driven near this area, do you? i will say that unlike most of the "look at this it's an alien mask zomg!!!!" threads yours at least is big enough to actually be something if it were in fact not a rock. who knows really, untill we get there and explore there's always that chance.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

shadows with some interesting geology

A perfect circle in a perfect rectangle is interesting indeed . I cant see any way this could be natural . good picture TY.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2

shadows with some interesting geology

A perfect circle in a perfect rectangle is interesting indeed . I cant see any way this could be natural . good picture TY.

That what my first thought when I watched this. This is the reason I made the thread. The circle itself looked perfect...and the multi-platform style object looked very much man made...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemooone2

one wouldn't think hexagonal rocks are natural either. yet the giants causeway in ireland certainly is natural. add to that the unique weathering conditions of mars(unique compared to earth), you can't really go on what seems "natural".

and let's add in that though we have some pretty good ideas about what kind of rocks and strata mars consists of we'll never really know for sure till we go there. for all we know much of the strange geology of mars may be due to entirely new types of rocks that don't occur on earth.

edit: on, not one lol.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by optimus primal]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
If your familiar with the glass tubes , back in 2000 or so i was searching the nasa pics and I found five glass tubes leading into a dome shaped object. I dont have that picture or the PC it was on anymore tho . Wish I did.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Mmmm... Interesting friend my.. That's Yoda House (lol). And it's green! =OP

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Notice how there is nothing that looks remotely close to this object in the entire picture? I'm saying I see those natural hexagon shapes, in clusters, all together...but I don't see anything that looks like this, with this perfect circle shape, in the entire picture frame from the original.

One would think if this is natural there would be similar formations in the local areas? Not in this case...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smell The Roses
I just found this video, and other than the music it is quite intriguing! When the video comes to a stop and zooms in you can clearly see a perfectly shaped circle, on what appears to be a multiple platform object. The location also seems to be ideal for some sort of space base, as it overlooks what appears to be a large cliff...The video is short and to the point, check it out.

Very nice find.

Professional & well thought out.

The green that someone talked about was added to the origional to highlight the subject of interest.

Watcher

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Ineressting find.
I'd like to see higher resolution of the site though.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Thanks for posting. This is amazing. And like I always say, even if it is just a rock formation its so unique that it deserves more pictures and closups if possible from what we have up there. The same as the face on Mars. The more photo's and images the better for all concerned.

I've seen this before but not the video and it truly is amazing.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Hexagonal rocks like to hang out together. When you see some at the "Causeway" they are always in the company of their friends and relatives neatly arranged into columns and rows. You never see one or two off by themselves with none of their relatives and friends around. This is an important distinction to understand when you "debunk" a photo. Because without a bunch of hexagonal rocks arranged neatly into rows and columns, then you cannot say that it is a natural formation "like the Devil's Causeway" because one or two just hanging out by themselves is not at all like the Devil's Causeway.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What I want to know is what type of program can do a video fly by like this?
Anyone know? Is this done straight from a picture?
Seems pretty high tech..

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

only pointing out that geometric shapes can and do form in nature. i honestly don't know if there are any similar shapes in the mars picture, i hadn't looked for them, i will later when i have some more time.

for all we know it may just be a ledge with some multicolored sand on it, the picture isn't of a resolution to determine how exactly circular it may be either. from the full picture it kind of looks funny because the curvature of mars is apparent. so we may be seeing it at a slight angle.

but i would stress again, that what we find on earth is not necessarily indicative of what we find on mars, owing to it's past and present weathering conditions and the possibility of new rock types or formations resulting from the weathering system of mars.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

debunk? who's debunking? i believe i clearly stated that it may well be some anomalous structure, but that i wasn't convinced of it. i merely presented some alternatives as well as a reminder that mars is not earth, things won't necessarily happen the same way or at all on mars.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

If weather was the cause there would be more than one of these objects. The area would be littered with them. Because of the fact that this object in question stands alone, on a cliff, and has no other similarities with any of its surroundings is the reason for the word anomaly. I can't think of anything on Earth that can make a single perfect hole in what looks like solid rock without leaving any other marks in the area. I am talking non man made of course...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hmm, yes that's definitely an interesting video. Thanks for showing us, it was definitely worth bringing up. Although I'm not exactly sure that knowing the coordinates and all the other fancy data made it any more worthwhile. If anybody can explain how this info is useful, I'd like to know. I would hate to be scolded by some extra smart person if I ever decided to start a thread and failed to include a detailed report stating the coordinates and all that crud... I'm kinda new here, do people on this site REALLY have a stick up their @$$ about this kind of thing? I saw a guy on here yesterday who said something like, "ATS is not the kind of place to just randomly wonder about things" or something like that. Come on people! Go get that stick removed! Lighten up! Take a break from this conspiracy $#!+, I think it's getting to some of you... turning you all against each other...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join