It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK: Children WILL face 'naked' airport scans, Government rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

UK: Children WILL face 'naked' airport scans, Government rules

All selected children will have to go through the new full-body 'naked' scanning machines being introduced at airports, the Government said today.

Transport Secretary Lord Adonis clarified the ruling as he announced a consultation process on the use of scanners.

Civil rights groups have raised legal and privacy concerns about the scanners, which have been introduced at Manchester and Heathrow airports following the failed transatlantic plane bomb attack last Christmas.

Gatwick and Birmingham will have the devices by the end of the year.

Read the full article here

They are FORCING children who are selected to go through the scanners! How will the selection process work? Will it be random? I doubt it!

We all know these full-body scanners are insanely inhumane, and I'm tired of posting articles about how someone was violated... but now I will be forced to assume that horrific images of children will be printed out by perverts/pedophiles. Actually, this is already happening, it's been shown to happen. But now this is going to be forced upon a child, disregarding what the parent says. A parent/legal guardian should be able to choose whether the child goes through the full-body scanner OR gets checked out by a human using some sort of hand-held device (which is a lot more humane, but still very violating to a child).

If a child knows what is going on when they go through the full body scanner, I can foresee some children having some bursts of anger, because I know if I was a teenager being physically forced to go through a scanner in which would show my full, naked body, I would protest protest protest!

Which is what we should all be doing!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Um, so do we get to arrest these guys for Pedophilia? This is seriously one of the most disgusting news items I've read yet. Yikes!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Let us play devil's advocate. If I were a terrorist, I would just hide my contraband on (or in) the body of a young travel companion. How would you address this issue?

Terrorists have no regard for human life, including their own. I would not put it past them to shove some contraband in a child's body cavity then use the contraband in a suicide mission.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

What needs to be done is to put strict rules in place regarding what gets done with body scan images. Anybody who violates these strict rules should get stiff punishment. For starters, they should go to prison with the general population and wear special outfits that let everybody know why they are in jail.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
Let us play devil's advocate. If I were a terrorist, I would just hide my contraband on (or in) the body of a young travel companion. How would you address this issue?

Terrorists have no regard for human life, including their own. I would not put it past them to shove some contraband in a child's body cavity then use the contraband in a suicide mission.

I knew someone was going to mention this right off the bat so let me address this...

So, with what you're saying here, every child is able to be used as a puppet for a terrorist? If someone is willing to use their child to blow up some plan, they obviously have issues - well wanting to blow up a plan at all means you have problems, but you get my point.

But because there are people out there willing to violate children before the use of the full body scanners, it's OK to violate them again? Is that what you're saying?

reply to post by justinsweatt

What needs to be done is to put strict rules in place regarding what gets done with body scan images. Anybody who violates these strict rules should get stiff punishment. For starters, they should go to prison with the general population and wear special outfits that let everybody know why they are in jail.

I agree, except we have seen cases of people violating these machines already and no one has been filed with ANY charges. So unless you are planning on fixing this issue, then it is not a valid argument right now.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
So Muslims are exempt but children are not. Makes total sense considering its children who pose the biggest threat.

Link

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The sad thing is, those scanners don't show internal bombs and bombs like the one Detroid Bomber used.

The explosive device smuggled in the clothing of the Detroit bomb suspect would not have been detected by body-scanners set to be introduced in British airports, an expert on the technology warned last night.

www.independent.co.uk...

The machines also cannot detect so-called “booty bombs” in which an explosive is inserted into the body.

Read More www.wired.com...

and:

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
honestly tho i have been thinking.....what if we all suddenly became muslim? Or even if we claimed to be muslim how would they know whether or not were telling the truth? The lying starts here.......

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Right. because rules and law prevent bad things from happening?

It's all well and good to throw somebody in jail for breaking a law but by that time it's already been broken and the images are everywhere.

It's like those Census commercials where the guy says "remember, strict federal regulations protect your information" Ummmm no, they dont. Strict federal regulations might punish somebody who has already abused my information but they certainly dont do a damn thing to protect my information.

Throwing some dude in jail isnt going to get my identity theft mess cleaned up or my unauthorized charges paid off or my credit rating back and it certainly isnt going to stop pervs from whacking it to my scanner image that's floated all around the internet in seconds.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
can someone point me to an official site saying muslims wont have to go through these things..thanks

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I would like to also mention that not only do I disagree with this but I am also opposed to body scanners as well. They cause cancer. They are not safe. So, not only are you going to be staring at naked children (gross) but you're also going to be giving them the possibility have being covered in tumors by the time they are 18. Good job. Real safe.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
So Muslims are exempt but children are not. Makes total sense considering its children who pose the biggest threat.

Link

It doesn't make any sense does it? What, if anything, in the US or even the world, going on in the government(s) makes any sense? Hardly anything IF anything. I say that very generally because so much is going on right now that we all have a problem with. I have yet to see a thread saying "GREAT JOB GOVERNMENT WE LOVE YOU!"

Originally posted by alienesque
can someone point me to an official site saying muslims wont have to go through these things..thanks

See above link, which has been provided by Digital_Reality.

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Right. because rules and law prevent bad things from happening?

It's all well and good to throw somebody in jail for breaking a law but by that time it's already been broken and the images are everywhere.

It's like those Census commercials where the guy says "remember, strict federal regulations protect your information" Ummmm no, they dont. Strict federal regulations might punish somebody who has already abused my information but they certainly dont do a damn thing to protect my information.

Throwing some dude in jail isnt going to get my identity theft mess cleaned up or my unauthorized charges paid off or my credit rating back and it certainly isnt going to stop pervs from whacking it to my scanner image that's floated all around the internet in seconds.

EXACTLY! Once a crime is already committed it's done with, who cares that the person is going to get in trouble or not? I mean of course we want those who take advantage of these machines (or of any law period) to be sent to jail, or be reprimanded in some sort of way - but we, the people of the masses, should not have our privacy taken away, especially to this extent. It's disgusting, as I've said many times before, and I will keep saying it until something is done about it.

I'm sure there are ways to block your private areas from these machines... but I bet you'd get in a lot of trouble doing so. You'd probably get some terroristic implementation on your record.

[edit on 31/3/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
just wait till a parent starts screaming " Pedophile!!!" at the top of his or her voice to the x ray worker, lawsuits and peoples lives will be ruined.

I dont want to be killed on a plane so i can understand it but i dont want my 4 year old girl going thorugh a scanner while some guy checks her out, and he will be looking her up and down.

Could well be a pedo for all we know, sure he will have a CRB done which is only good if you are a caught pedo.

Very dodgy indeed, wasnt there a link on ATS that the UK government was involved in pedo ring with scotland or am i time warping again ?

CX

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before people start boycoting the airports that use these machines? I'd certainly be in favour of it.

I don't want my young daughters being scanned by anything that shows them in this detail.

CX.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

It will take a lot of knowledge and awareness before people start acting like the way you described. I'm almost certain many people using these scanners are not aware of how exactly they work.

There should be signs (if there already isn't) explaining what these scanners do, that it is possible for the images to be saved & printed, and that justice wil be done to those who abuse their job.

But once again this brings up the problem that, even if someone is penalized for their crime, the crime has already happened therefore no prevention has been done.

Is it even possible to prevent such things from happening (as in things like in the OP)?

I think not. That's why they should be removed!

top topics

join