It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Father gets harsher punishment than daughter's 'rapist' after punching attacker

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well this is a SNIP disgrace wherever it occurs. I would never use my pointy stick in such a manner. Yes I have a pointy stick and live in the UK. I would use bare hands of a blade because I want the meaningfull eye contact as punishment is delivered in the old school manner.

I can understand the mistake that some have made as a Australia is kinda near to the UK

But seriously we should have a thread on gun control and the UK to clear up misconceptions.

Moderator Note: Please, Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

[edit on 31-3-2010 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well if it happened here in the US the dad would have been treated for PTSD and depression...
or it could have gone this way

[edit on 31-3-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Frontier justice would be my answer. Rope, tree and spooky horse. There was quite a bit to be said for immediate reaction to bad acts.

Newton should have written that for every criminal action there is an immediate and equal or greater reaction.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Nothing new here to be honest, just more insane political correctness courtesy of the UK government

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

No, what makes us mad is that people make assumptions and reply without even reading all the facts.

happens alot here, and i think it's because we don't want to waste time being convinced to a different viewpoint since we know we won't be convinced otherwise. from what i can tell, most of us have this problem.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
disgusting is the father's attitude .. I mean, if 4 guys raped your daughter, at least you should kill very slowly these people ... punch? are you freaking kidding me?

I think he deserved, if you want to revenge a gang rape, well, a punch is not the choice I was expecting ... shameful, if you are going to punch the rapers, just dont do anything, you are a p$$¨%

I dont expect anyone to agree, thats my opinion, I think rapers deserve death penalty, even more gang rape;

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faiol
disgusting is the father's attitude .. I mean, if 4 guys raped your daughter, at least you should kill very slowly these people ... punch? are you freaking kidding me?

I think he deserved, if you want to revenge a gang rape, well, a punch is not the choice I was expecting ... shameful, if you are going to punch the rapers, just dont do anything, you are a p$$¨%

I dont expect anyone to agree, thats my opinion, I think rapers deserve death penalty, even more gang rape;

Strap them in...I'll pull the switch! I used to be against the death penalty, but as time goes on I become more in favor of it. Alas, that's another thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Sad and horrific, but unfortunately not surprising in the least. And its not just Australia that is given to this, I've heard stories from around the world where the justice system fails to deliver and just acts as a revolving door for the scum of the earth. Hopefully the two who haven't been sentenced yet will NOT get off so lightly as the others; a little quality time with true hardened cons who have daughters of their own might be just what the doctor ordered...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think the point that is being missed is that these guys were FOOTBALLERS!! of course they walk free they are all future Beckhams.

and another thing, UK, Australia...whats the differfence? oh yeah, Australia has crikey crocodiles!

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helig
a little quality time with true hardened cons who have daughters of their own might be just what the doctor ordered...

Barring the electric chair the above would be a good thing. It is to me hard to understand why we call this a civilized society.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
If any of those arseholes were my son and he truly was guilty, I would hold him still for the father of that girl and then dig the grave myself.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I am sorry for what happened to the victim. I am curious about why a parent would allow their fifteen year old daughter to be at a party where there is alcohol? She was so drunk that she did not have her wits about her to refuse or stop them. Alcohol + testoserone = trouble.

I have had to turn into the cia and fbi on my 16 year old daughter. I know who she talks to on the internet and her phone. She does not go to parties or spend the night at friends. Her friends are allowed here when she wants them to come over. I take them places and we do things together. She is not happy about the policing I do, but some day like Sandra Bullock, she will thank her mother. If some guy ever takes advantage of my daughter he won't live to go to trial.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber
I am sorry for what happened to the victim. I am curious about why a parent would allow their fifteen year old daughter to be at a party where there is alcohol? She was so drunk that she did not have her wits about her to refuse or stop them. Alcohol + testoserone = trouble.

I have had to turn into the cia and fbi on my 16 year old daughter. I know who she talks to on the internet and her phone. She does not go to parties or spend the night at friends. Her friends are allowed here when she wants them to come over. I take them places and we do things together. She is not happy about the policing I do, but some day like Sandra Bullock, she will thank her mother. If some guy ever takes advantage of my daughter he won't live to go to trial.

New South Wales' laws regarding the consumption of alcohol are different than Michigan's - or the US, generally - and, as a result, the culture surrounding the consumption of drinking alcohol is also different - for good or bad.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This doesn't even shock me anymore. Not even close to shocking me. I have come to expect this kind of insanity in this bizarro PC world that is the reality in most of the western nations.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
It's incredible what the world is coming to. While the courts cater to criminals and lawmakers just keep stripping the rights of law-abiding citizens from them, it's no surprise there is more talk of an international revolution.

The United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, South Africa and New Zealand share a common past.

The real enemies of our common heritage aren't enemies that set off explosives to maim and kill our citizens. These are mentally unstable and overzealot religious fanatics. These people, more or less, can be pick out and picked off if necessary.

Our real enemies are our elected officials that continue to make broken promises and fill our heads with false hope. We must ask ourselves "Just what are we to do about this?" A revolution. A bloodless revolution at the polls when election time comes around.

And if this doesn't work, then...

I hope the daughter and father will be brave enough to seek counseling to deal with this traumatic ordeal.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hardamber

Yeah, ok, maybe the girl shouldn't have been drunk, but hell who didn't at that age...and no matter what, there is no excuse for rape...end of story.

Too much sympathy for the perpetrators and too little compassion towards the victim....seems all too common nowadays.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I did not justify what those kids did to the girl. They were absolutely wrong. There is a serious break down in society when teenage boys think they have a right to force sex on anyone. My point is we can never be too careful where our kids are concerned, especially in light of how bad our society has decayed. I don't rely on laws to keep my daughter safe. Once she gets raped the harm is done and all we can do is react. I am saying parents should be a little more proactive in protecting their gullible teens.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Thanks for the clarification and apologies if I mis-interpreted your post.

But there are far too many people out there who do spend too much time and sympathy on the scumbags who commit crimes like this and on 'rehabilitation' rather than punishment.

It is a difficult responsibility bringing up all children nowadays, especially daughters.
It is too easy to be all controlling and over powering thus not allowing them time to grow and develop as a young individual adult however, there are far too many distractions and temptations etc out there which can seduce a youngster down the 'wrong track'.

I am pleased that I have no parental responsibilities, it is a very hard and at times thankless task.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Ok...maybe I'm putting a date on myself here...but when I was young, we looked out for our peers that got to drunk...particularly the young ladies. For sure there were some bad sorts around that would have taken advantage if the could. We just never allowed it to happen on our watch!

Again it was swift justice for those that couldn't maintain common decency.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

How dare you say that about us.

We don't need guns... we've got brains you utter, utter crettin.

--

On topic: Sad state of affairs. If anybody ever hurt my daughter - the police would be scraping their remains from the bottom of the sewers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join