It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican confirms report of sexual abuse and rape of nuns by priests in 23 countries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Quote from source:
The Catholic Church in Rome made the extraordinary admission yesterday that it is aware priests from at least 23 countries have been sexually abusing nuns.

Most of the abuse has occurred in Africa, where priests vowed to celibacy, who previously sought out prostitutes, have preyed on nuns to avoid contracting the Aids virus.

Confidential Vatican reports obtained by the National Catholic Reporter, a weekly magazine in the US, have revealed that members of the Catholic clergy have been exploiting their financial and spiritual authority to gain sexual favours from nuns, particularly those from the Third World who are more likely to be culturally conditioned to be subservient to men.

The reports, some of which are recent and some of which have been in circulation for at least seven years, said that such priests had demanded sex in exchange for favours, such as certification to work in a given diocese.

In extreme instances, the priests had made nuns pregnant and then encouraged them to have abortions.

The US article was based on five documents, which senior women from religious orders and priests have presented to the Vatican over the past decade. They describe a particularly bad situation in Africa. In a continent devastated by Aids, nuns, along with early adolescent girls, are perceived by some as safe sexual targets. The reports said that the church authorities had done little to tackle the problem.

The Vatican reports cited countless cases of nuns forced to have sex with priests. Some were obliged to take the pill, others became pregnant and were encouraged to have abortions. In one case in which an African sister was forced to have an abortion, she died during the operation and her aggressor led the funeral mass. Another case involved 29 sisters from the same congregation who all became pregnant to priests in the diocese.

The reports said that the cultures in some African countries made it almost impossible for a young woman to disobey an older man, especially one seen as spiritually superior. There were cases of novices who applied to their local priest or bishop for certificates of good Catholic practice that were required for them to pursue their vocation. In return they were made to have sex. Some incidents of sexual abuse allegedly took place almost within the Vatican walls.

Certain unscrupulous clerics took advantage of young nuns who were having trouble finding accommodation, writing their essays and funding their theological studies.

Forced to acknowledge the problem, the Vatican has tried to play down its gravity. In a statement issued yesterday the Pope's official spokesman, Joaquin Navarro Valls, said: "The problem is known and involves a restricted geographical area. Certain negative situations must not overshadow the often heroic faith of the overwhelming majority of religious, nuns and priests".

I have one world for this...Seriously?

What is going on in the Church and why is it still a functioning powerful entity?

So what's going on here? First little boys and now the women who are dedicating their lives to the Church?

Sick and disgusting.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

[edit on 30-3-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Any thoughts?
[edit on 30-3-2010 by predator0187]

Hmm.

Sort of makes you want to review the stories of people saying the church is a satanic front, a entity of evil, etc etc etc

to think, in their vaults, they are housing some of the most sacred roots of religion...guarded by these types and never to see the light of day so long as they remain in power.

I think its time the people rise up and cast down the idols and mockerys of the religion...force release of all items in the vault, and burn down the vatican and all the symbols of the ancient roman practices of control, abuse, and corruption.

but hey...thats just my thoughts...my true desires is to just see whats in those bloody vaults already. heh

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Me too. I could not even imagine what they have in their vaults. The most crazy people have the most important documents? Makes no sense to me.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Think "Angels & Demons" - Could you imagine having access to all their books and information? I would give my left nut to have access for an hour.

S&F. These sick bastards need to be taken down ASAP.

[edit on 30/3/2010 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The catholic church in particular seems to have a nasty habit of housing the sickest of society, and normally ignoring what they do or if they dont ignore it they cover it uo.

The church in general but specifically the roman catholic church, has done nothing in hisory but create lies, change histories and hide the truth about the real mensaje of Jesus.
All this done to further the churchs cause and stregthen its grip on a poorly educated society, with the threat of hell and damnation if you dont believe its dogma.

The church has done nothing but manipulate the history of the world, cutting and changing, writing and rewriting it to suit its own needs and to damn every other religion

It has hidden facts, invented its own facts and then turned these facts into a reality, all the time using the fear of god on the poor ignorants of the world over the last 1000 years.

The church would kill and destroy to protect its secrets and it has.
Protect the faith and you protect the church.

It is a home for rapists, child abusers not to mention home to one of the strongest banks in the world.
The church is nothing but hipocrasy -

Money is the root of al evil - yet the vatican bank has billions.
Being gay is morally and ethically wrong and leads to sin - but the Vatican is full of old men who buy young boys for sex.

The catholic church is full of men who commit daily every day the very same sins which they preach against in public and for which they condem everyone else.

But these are the very men whom the church protect, and they are protected from above, not from heaven but from Rome.
So if these men are sheilded by the church, the church is openly acknowledging what they do is acceptable, thefore the acceptance is a sign that the church is inherantly evil.

Before monotheismo the world was a quiet place everyone had their own god and nobody bothered anyone else.
Then comes the church with "There is only one god, and he aint an arab" and since then the worlds been drenched in blood.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by andy1972]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Starred, and I completely agree. Well said.
2nd line.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1972

Awesome post and thanks for your thoughts on the subject. I got to ask someone that knows facts about religion as why you think people still follow it? I have never understood this. My family are the ones that go to church all the time and think that I am going to hell because I question it. Why, do the majority of people find it so hard to question the things they believe in? Comfort I guess...

Pred...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

My family are the ones that go to church all the time and think that I am going to hell because I question it.

There's your answer. They believe that you are going to hell because it's logical, or because some priest told them to believe it? Because it was written down once in the 10th century? It's all about fear, power, money, and then a little faith. They've been brainwashed to believe this rubbish. It has nothing to do with spiritual redemption, and a lot to do with controlling the masses.

People of faith are blessed. Very fortunate. The organizations that prey on these people (the churches - and that applies to many faiths) are heartless scum.

Honestly, if you believe in a higher power etc. and it brings you light and love in your life it is a wonderful thing.
If your church/book also makes it clear that failure to adhere to EVERYTHING they teach brings on hell/devils/demons/everlasting pain etc. they are just manipulating you. Simple as that.
God loves you, apparently, but he'll be really, really pissed if you do X, and will send you into an eternity of fire and pain. Rubbish.
Is that how you love your children? Not really logical, is it?
Don't buy the doom and gloom, it's about control. It's nothing to do with religion/faith.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Pedophiles and other dirt bags will always be attracted to positions where they can have access to children and other potential victims. Thus, all religions' clergies are vulnerable to attracting pedophiles and other unsavory types.

The Catholic church, however, seems to be particularly strong magnet for pedophiles because of the celibacy requirement. For starters, the celibacy requirement makes them particularly desperate for recruits to the priesthood. This makes them more likely to gloss over warning signs.

A pedophile or other deviant in the Catholic church also does not have to put up with the charade of pretending to have a normal family life. If a pedophile becomes a clergymen in some other religion, people will begin to question him if he remains unmarried for too long. A bachelor clergymen is also expected to date respectable women and maintain a respectable demeanor.

A Catholic priest on the other hand does not have to put up a front. Nobody questions why he does not have a normal, happy married life. Nobody will ever question why his wife left him or why respectable women do not wish to date him. Nobody will question why he would much rather spend the weekend camping with little boys rather than spending time with his wife.

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I agree, but I also think of the possibility of people feeling like they need help and maybe going to the church to try and help them. I always thought maybe these pedophiles become priests because maybe they think God can help them, and when he doesn't show up thats when the mental illness kicks in.

Not saying they all want to be helped but I think this could be a possibility.

Pred...

posted on Apr, 2 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yes, the Pope is a perverse little fellow that should be arrested and was certainly the one who sought to cover up anything about certain priests fiddling with little boys and girls under the guise of "confession", but all this information we are hearing has been out there for a long time. The question is why it is breaking now? Is it breaking because certain individuals who control the media (subtle hint) want the church destroyed so that they can destroy Christianity and to bestialize and enslave humanity?

top topics

join