It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the FBI busted one YouTube nutjob in under a day

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

How the FBI busted one YouTube nutjob in under a day

arstechnica.com

When a man tells YouTube employees that, after removing his videos, all of their firstborn sons will die—and then goes on to threaten a Congressman—the FBI turns the man's YouTube videos into a street address on the double.

The FBI's affidavit gives us a window into how the investigation unfolded, and into just how quickly the Bureau can turn a YouTube link into a home address when necessary.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

This video was clearly something special; in it, Leboon railed against Cantor's "cupcake evil wife" and called the Congressman "a liar... a lucifer... a pig... an abomination." Pretty over-the-top, especially when Leboon went after Cantor's kids and called them "Lucifer's abominations," then started talking about bullets that "will be placed in your heads."

Good thing or a bad thing, it remains to be seen. In this case however, I welcome our internet overlords for removing this dude in the name of public safety...

arstechnica.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-3-2010 by D.E.M.]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The FBI then ran an internal database search for this address, coming up with an active bench warrant against one Norman Leboon. The warrant came from a state court and charged Leboon with "Terroristic Threats with intent to terrorize another, simple assault, and recklessly endangering another person."

He already had a bench warrant issued for his arrest?

Well... I guess that may have simplified things a bit, but still.... this gentleman sure had a lot of issues about which to be angry ... 2,000 videos?

I hope he gets help, although I doubt he will. We have to keep that prison population booming!

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
And people say I am "nuts" for having a huge paranoia around "citizens".

Sure...

Wow...creepy story and thought provoking. Much better then the hog-wash threads of late, and a true story to boot!

S&F

Now I am off to remove all my youtube videos that proclaim me the God-of-torture and the end-all answer to Christ's divine wrath.

Peace

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He will also probably have them come round his home, and being dressed as firemen put firealarms in his home with cameras or mics.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
can you provide me with the name of this source, and also what are you trying to say im not sure i understand the thread, so what another whacko gets caught by the cops, whats so special about him in particular (im not blasting you i just like to know whats going on)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
can you provide me with the name of this source, and also what are you trying to say im not sure i understand the thread, so what another whacko gets caught by the cops, whats so special about him in particular (im not blasting you i just like to know whats going on)

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

This I'm in total agreement with. I don't know if he would have acted on anything he said, but he does need help. The scary thing is that over time he very well could have convinced himself to do something crazy and harmful. Who knows, he could have gotten it in his head that you tube employees were his neighbors. I would consider those terrorist threats. I guess we do have a few homeland terrorists.

What I would have a problem with is if the FBI or cops started to do this to people who just disagree loudly with their congressmen with no threats, or started to arrest innocent people.

There is probablly a fine line somewhere. It is the tough part not to cross it.

It also helped that he already had a warrant out for his arrest. I wonder why the FBI didn't find him earlier?

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Good job guys
Radicals like this should be locked up for our safety. I think we need to draw a line in the sand with these nut jobs. I don't like what is going on in the country but I believe voting and free speech are the only way to get things done.

What this man was doing was not American. Our country is not that bad yet. We still have a way to change with free elections. This is the American way it is called voting.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Good lord, this guy was David Berkowitz with a webcam...

Honestly, I can see where the abuses of such technological saavy could give one pause, but three cheers to the FBi for nabbing this whackjob before he had a chance to carry through on any of his threats.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, it was predictable that internet would become, in part, safe haven for all the borderline psychopaths, but do not cheer so fast, this may be seen as the beginning of censorship of the Internet.

The problem we have now is that every “nut job” that get apprehended by law enforcement will be seen as a martyr.
We’re interring in a very nasty vicious circle.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Does anyone know his YouTube name? He does look familiar. think I remember this guy spamming thousands if not hundreds of thousands of people by sending out private messages with links to his videos. When I went to block him I saw that hundreds of people had also blocked him that day. If he was the guy I'm thinking of his stuff was really psycho and very threatening.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

How can you be on the side of free speech and voting and be on the side of the FBI for prosecuting this nut-job? So what if the nut-job said that all of the youtube employees first born sons would die. Does anyone really think that he would actually pull it off? All this is doing is sitfelling insane speech! And we need insane speech in our country.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Just as your right to swing your fist ends where my face begins, this nutters right to free speech ends where multiple death threats and possible child abuse begins.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I believe we are going to find out that he had been making threats for a week or more to anyone who would listen and the 'authorities' already had him in their sights before the release of the YouBoob video! Probably why they already had a warrant for him!
Here's some other warning signs that this guy was on the fast track to the funny farm!

Leboon

Zindo

PS YouBoob has terminated the videos on that link! but what it has to say about him is interesting!

[edit on 3/30/2010 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Do you really think that he as at all serious with his threat? He was just acting like he saw himself as a religious prophet. Now anyone who tries to act like a religious prophet will be punished to death because they're saying that people will die. He didn't threaten to kill anyone. He just said that they would die.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? So, if a guy in your local bar said he hated you, and your kids.. that your kids were spawn of satan, and that he was going to put bullets in their head, you'd ignore it because he "probably wouldn't do it."

Free speech is one thing. It really IS against the law to make death threats, perhaps you didn't realize this. And I personally feel that any means necessary to "impede" on a nutjobs "free speech" is fine, to put him behind bars, or get the help he needs.

You are the sort of reason that school massacres happen, do you realize that? People speak out. They get angrier because people don't take them seriously. Next thing you know, there is a massacre, and then we hear about all the "signs" that everyone ignored because they "didn't believe he'd do it."

You just personally love to rail against any authority that DARES to impede on any of your "freedons," even if it's to catch a would-be killer.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by fleabit]

[edit on 30-3-2010 by fleabit]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What? It's illegal to tell someone they or others are going to die? Since when? It's the truth. We all eventually die. Come on now uncle sham, aren't you becoming a little paranoid? Of course, threatening someone is another thing, but simply saying "you are going to die" ain't a lie, ain't a threat, ain't a crime .. it's the truth.
.. oh wait, I forgot, obama care will save us all from eventual death.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Free speech is one thing. It really IS against the law to make death threats, perhaps you didn't realize this.

You are correct. I've researched cases that have gone all the way to the supreme court. Judges and juries have reached the decision more than once that free speech does not mean that you can say anything, anywhere at anytime. You can't threaten people in that manner. It's illegal.

Here's a link:www.freedomforum.org...

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'd bet my dogs house that this guy was a regular on ATS! Remember, abusing members is against the TOS.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join