It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there more to music and sound........

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Frakkerface

This is exactly what im talking about...(the binaural beats, minor and major chords and the varying effects they have on us)

This is where sound becomes a phenomena.

I basically started this thread to learn more about the effect sounds, (hence music), have on the world around us...I just can't see something so eternal, so beautiful and perfect being just random noise.....

Can I get an AMEN?!?!?! hahaha

[edit on 30-3-2010 by OLDMATE]

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by OLDMATE

Sssshshh. Don't tell. I can't do without my music.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jane_within

Hahaha, me either. thats why i listen for the music that is all around us, they play of leaf on leaf, water unning between crevices in rocks, the sounds of the street...(i know it sounds mushy or whatever but its true).

"Mad World" - Gary jules, tells it perfectly, "I feel the way that every child should sit and listen, sit and listen"

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
nooooooooooo~~~~~~~cha! sorry shameless Dune reference
. Yes there is a lot more to sound than most notice. Firstly our standardized A=440hz reference keeps our music unharmonic with nature. If A was tuned slightly flatter to 432hz then it would be in sinc with nature. There are some posts that explain this really well this one is especially good.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This was done by the elements of the Nazi regime humm I wonder why.. Token Conspiracy ref

A good site that covers this is this one

www.echad.se...

Being a bass player I love the goose bumps that a well timed G note can produce. I love the quote "All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration" Bill hicks RIP

Vibration is key to good visions. Check out how this clip from the movie blueberry uses sound to accent the excellent CG on an ayahuaska vision. Not a great movie but this scene is worth the price of admission.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MinorityReporter

I think there is alot of bogus stuff about those documents. But im not saying don't read it, alot of it is really amazing, but I think there is a bit of BS mixed in there.

Also can anyone give me a quick rundown on binaural beats? Because I don't really understand them.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
www.crystalinks.com...

This is some pretty amazing stuff...

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by OLDMATE

Ok the post is pretty substantial and to tell the truth I was only interested in how our musical scale is out of sync with natures frequency. www.echad.se...
You would be hard pressed to find a metaphysical post on this site that doesn't push the line of believability. So questioning everything is par for the course.

Your avatar reminded me of the movie link guess thats why I posted it

As for your binaural beat break down here is a link to a site that sells a program that produces them. Their theory page is a good starting point

www.bwgen.com...

[edit on 31-3-2010 by MinorityReporter]edit for links

[edit on 31-3-2010 by MinorityReporter]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well,I could go on and on about my belief in how light and sound affects us,the earth and the universe.But I won't for now.Maybe later when I gather my notes.

But I can leave you with a quote from one of the most intelligent men on this planet.

"Music is the voice of God traveling through ten-dimensional hyperspace." — Michio Kaku

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Music is a major part of my life.

I can't stand silence because it causes my brain to work independently which is not always a good thing so I've usually got music going to keep my mind occupied.

I actually write music and poetry that some may find entertaining but I haven't found a forum on here to post stuff like that.

Maybe one should be made.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MinorityReporter

Thanks for that man. Binaural beats are amazing. The implications are even more so...

Anyone else know of any other studies into sound and its properties???

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OLDMATE

Well since you liked the article I posted here's my other online free research -- my masters thesis is on "sound healing" and philosophy of science and paranormal reality:

My online articles, blogbook, masters thesis, and book -- full free online:

www.nonduality.com... www.nonduality.com... www.lulu.com... mierdakosmika.net... www.hiddenmysteries.org... naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com... web.archive.org... www.mind-energy.net... www.mind-energy.net... www.mind-energy.net... www.martialdevelopment.com...

Vitus B. Droscher details in his book The Magic of the Senses (1971) that humans can hear ultrasonics -- but only within our heads. The highest tone or pitch that humans hear in their head actually covers several octaves of frequency going into ultrasonics. The ultrasonics then combines with our body chemistry, forming cavitation bubbles which collapse with great heat and produce light. Biophysicists like Dr. Mae-Wan Ho and Dr. Fritz Alfred Popp have proven that when the body has too much energy or trapped light then disease arises while healthy people actually give off light. In fact it's been proven that dolphins regularly use this ultrasonic light healing: www.aquathought.com... Psychic music healing enables a person to increase the voltage and current of energy in the body so that great light -- like a laser -- can be directed out of the body and into other people. That's just the beginning: Telepathy, telekinesis, precognition -- all are created through psychic music healing. This is a very blissful process that anyone can learn! The secret was discovered by biology professor emeritus Brian Goodwin: the subharmonics of frequency create a significant increase in amplitude. This concept is also the secret to quantum chaos, the top field of science, creating artificial life with "adaptive resonance theory."

[edit on 31-3-2010 by drew hempel]

[edit on 31-3-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been actually discossed on this threadm but I'm sleepy =(... my english neurone isn't working well...

All I want to say is the following: music is feelings. Of the composer, of the earth, feelings.
That's why sometimes just listening to a song turns something on your brain and you say "hey! I like this tune!"... because the composer or singer feelings touches a sensitive fiber of your soul...
The same with nature sounds. Waterfalls, tree leaves in the wind, thunders... every sound haves a feeling conected to it.

In other topic (one that I'm trying to investigate after posting a thread here)... do you think that electronic devices (as mp3 players, itunes, ipods, etc) can be a link between our emotions and composers's? haven't youexperienced a nice day and just nice and great songs appears on your playlist? Or being thinking in a special someone and all those songs that reminds you of that certain person appearing randomly in your reproduction list?

my 2 cents. and my grammar sucks =(

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You might enjoy reading up on Pythagoras and his study of music .

One good book on the topic is : The Pythagorean Sourcebook & Library by David Fideler

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Naw -- that's pseudo-Pythagorean philosophy.

I've done an expose on real Pythagorean philosophy -- vetted by math professors:

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Coherence of the Evolutionary Consciousness

Associated Materials of Hakomi Chambers 4-6

Music is a language that directly communicates what cannot be said with words. When you encounter rhythm, melody, timbre, tone, harmony – the components of music – your first instinct is to surrender to their language. You crossover into the mysterious world of their creative presence where a bridge can be built and integration between these two worlds can be formed.

The human instrument absorbs the sounds present in music and can, if the music is properly tuned, form a sympathetic resonance with the music. Similar to two tuning forks that resonate on the same frequency when only one is struck, the human instrument can be a resonant system in which its cellular and atomic structure is entrained by the music – or more specifically – the vibratory frequencies contained in the harmonics of the music.

The atomic structure of the human instrument is a vibrating harmonic system. The nuclei vibrate, and the electrons in their orbits vibrate in resonance to their nuclei, but to what does the nuclei resonate with? What is the primal vibration that establishes the vibratory expression of a human instrument? And can this vibration change and adapt – in a sense migrate to new levels of vibration that are more aligned and supportive to the spiritual purpose in which the human soul chose to incarnate?

Modern humanity has been deluded by sound and music – in effect, sung to sleep. The material world of sonic vibration has ensnared the human instrument, keeping the primal vibration of the human soul suppressed and diminished. This condition creates a heightened sense of separation, which in turn creates an unspecified, broad-spectrum anxiety that is difficult to identify, and, consequently, to resolve.

It is to this vibration of separation and anxiety that most humans submit, and as resonant systems, unwittingly nourish and promote. But the truth is that life is encapsulated spirit, and all life is part of a unified creative presence that lives underneath the material world like a waterway of motion lives beneath the solid, opaque ice of a river.

∞LOVE∞

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

Thank you for that link I will read it tomorrow :up

2nd _______

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Yeah the real Pythagorean philosopher is peterkingsley.com... -- he did his Ph.D. on Pythagorean philosophy and it was published by Oxford University Press in 1996 or so -- "Ancient Mystery, Magic and Philosophy."

His shorted book "In the Dark Places of Wisdom" is a continuation of his Pythagorean expose -- on the REAL Pythagorean philosophy. He doesn't directly get into much music theory but he does do alchemy and some yoga samadhi stuff and emphasizes goddess songs, etc. It's fascinating research.

Oh he's got some youtube stuff:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-4-2010 by drew hempel]

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I never knew Pythagorus was so much more than a Mathmetician. Or is this just people using his maths as proof?
Anyone know if he composed any music?

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OLDMATE

Pythagoras literally means Snake Master -- most likely he was archetypal like the other man-gods that formed religion -- Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Attis, etc.

Still in mythology -- and in spirituality -- the physical body becomes light as an illusion --

Pythagoras lives!!

peterkingsley.com... will give you the goods on the real Pythagoreans. What we are taught about Pythagoras is all a lie -- that's the point -- the original conspiracy -- the big lie at the foundation of the West. I call it the "rotten root."

www.nonduality.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Hey nice post OP. As so many who have posted on this thread, I too am a musician. I have always been fascinated by music, partly because of my synesthesia. I remember as a kid seeing a national geographic show about the effects of music (like 25 years ago). It among other things showed two sets of plants. The first set was grown normally but in silence. The second set of plants was grown the same but with classical music and jazz playing near it. The second set of plants grew much healthier and a couple times larger than the ones grown in silence (without music).
If music can affect plants that way, just imagine our lives without music...and what it does to our bodies through good and bad "energies".

[edit on 4/4/2010 by Chamberf=6]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join