It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Surveillance deployed inside London Public Bathrooms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"You can imagine my surprise" ... when I walked into the gents and discovered an American taking photographs ...

I guess people have complained about sexual activity, drug dealing, crimes against the person etc ... hence the imposition of cameras. They're cheaper than employing an attendant, although at "fifty pence a shot" I'm sure the facilities could pay someone's wages.

British public lavatories are the pits, the scene in "Trainspotting", where Renton enters "The Worst Toilet In Scotland" & is desperate to retrieve his undissolved suppositories, well that scene says it all. We should be grateful that movie was never filmed in Odor-ama otherwise we would've been puking all over the place. Sadly, that lavatory is pretty common in the UK ...

So 50p for a p is a bargain, even though I'm being recorded.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeddissad

Originally posted by thesneakiod
reply to post by Retseh

There have been CCTV cameras in nearly all toilets in nightclubs for years. its nothing new. It even warns you in some clubs before you go in.

I'm surprised they haven't done it sooner. Saying that, who would want to use a public bathroom anyway? They are not the safest or cleanest of places.

Will CCTV clean the toilet? Such technology is unknown for me - stupid terrestrial.

Edit to add: Sorry I missed your point. Be happy with surveillance society, but do not impose it on me. Thanks.

[edit on 30-3-2010 by zeddissad]

Not only did you miss my point, you also failed to read my post properly.
I'm not trying to impose anything on anyone. Nor did I say I supported it.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join