It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

christian bashing and athiest bashing tit for tat whats it all about

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
hello every body

what ever race crede colour religious belief or not all welcom

I have just read another pointless christian bahing thread and i just wonder what is the point. I am a christian proud of it and would not go out of my way to slag of athiests or any one that does not believe what i believe. I know there are plenty of so called christians on here also like nothing better than picking on athiest and others who dont conform to there beliefs. WHATS THE POINT I thaught we were ment to be here discusing conspirocys and not fighting between ourselfs we should be aloud to believe what we want with out having cheap digs at our faith or lack of it if we all believed in the same the things would get pretty boring.

So all i am saying is we should all start respecting one another and stop taken cheap shots when we can i think if we done this ATS would be a happier place and we could get to the real conspiracys

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by digby888

Yes, that's the way it's supposed to be on ATS. Everyone let's their beliefs blind them to the fact that you CANNOT make someone believe the way that you yourself believes. You have never lived their life, had their experiences, so it is impossible to know how someone feels. Unless you can crawl into their mind and soul, you can only judge them by your own experiences, which is never a fair thing to do.

I see that that last christian bashing thread I posted on has been removed, and it's just as well. Noone is EVER gonna sway anyone on a thread on ATS. It's just ludicrous. There are no FACTS or EVIDENCE that either side is right or wrong. Belief, or not, is just that: a personally held thing inside of each person.

If everyone on here was as secure in their OWN beliefs as they claim to be, then all the bickering would not be necessary, IMO.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

that was very well said thankyou. I dont know if this thread will change anything but we can always live in hope lol

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I would like to know why there are any Christians on here anyways. Since their Bible says that for them to be perfect, they are to sell all of their possessions and go follow in the footsteps of their man-god Jesus. Since they are in possession of a computer and having an internet connection, (unless they are at the public library all day, every day) they are not being "perfect". And THEIR God warns them not to be "lukewarm", neither hot or cold or THEIR God will "spew" them from "his mouth". Therefore, according to THEIR book, if they are on here reading, posting or debating this thread, they are hippocrates to which THEIR God will be "spewing" from his mouth on their judgment day fantasy event. It is quite funny how they ignore the harder instructions of their book, and commit only to following the easy instructions like accepting a copy cat man-god. They spent their life hating everyone around them, but praying to an imaginary friend is their ticket to heaven. There is nothing more silly in this universe than what they believe in.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by SunIsSon]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SunIsSon

Thanks for the perfect example of the point being made on this thread. Good job!!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Sometimes the TRUTH hurts, ah? Thats from THEIR book.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You are my kind of religious believer and I wish more were of a similar tolerant mindset but we live on earth and here on earth everyone has their own opinion and lives life according to their own reality. Some might think they have a duty to save the godless and the godless feel that they must bang some sense into the religious out of some duty to free them from the slavery of theology.

Personally I take the middle ground and I am happy treading that line as I tolerate all faiths and persuasions but I am tolerant because I am used to having a highly religious mother all but beg me to return to the fold of the lord whenever we speak – we do not speak often these days as it happens because I am an atheist/agnostic/whatever.

Live and let live I say, and this thread will not change a single thing regarding tolerance levels between the godly and ungodly simply because we live on Earth ....

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

as useual there is alway one that wants to act like a child this thread is not about religion but about our respect for our fellow man some thing you obviously dont know much about

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

I agree. I have never believed it's my "duty" to save anyone. God doesn't need my help, He is quite capable of saving those who are His! My only duty, as far as I can tell, is to love my God before all else, and treat others as I wish to be treated. Pretty simple, too bad it's so hard to do!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

i think thats the only way to live i dont think anyone should try to force there beliefs down any bodys throat but if people ask and want to know about it i would tell them

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
There are too many aspects of religion to deal with it as one thing.

Some religious beliefs are about matters of fact. Versions of history in particular. The scientific beliefs about history are not consistent or compatable with the religious beliefs. One is right, and one is wrong. Isn't it important for your beliefs to correspond to reality? For them to be true?

A literal interpretation of the bible is not consistent with the evidence. Shouldn't people be confronted with this fact? Why is there even this case being made that people should be free to indulge in a fantasy without interuption from "bashers" telling them about reality? I'm against hatefull speech, and I know that when we disagree about the existance of God or the soul we're never going to get anywhere. But, there are parts of the religious worldview that are admittedly supposed to be taken as factual claims. They are claims about physical reality, like how the earth was formed and how humans came to inhabit it. These are not part of the metaphysical world that is open to interpretation. These are things that - if true - correspond directly to some physical reality, and if false have no correspondance to physical reality. You can't make claims about real things which are wrong and expect to go unchallanged. Can you?

The entire scientific endeavour has completely revolutionized humanity. The reason is that scientific beliefs correspond with physical reality. Mystical/religious worldviews dominated human beliefs for a hundred thousand years before science. No progress was made at all. No successful predictions from religion, no technology, and not even any progress within the belief system itself. It is a story, you can believe it or not. Scientific theories are testable claims about reality. When religion purports to make testable claims about reality, you can expect that the scientists will set them straight. Science has gotten it right, religion and mysticism have not.

It's better to pronounce the truth at every opportunity than to ignore it, even if such pronunciation is annoying to people of faith who want to be left alone with false beliefs that are comforting to them.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

well in my view science hasent always got it right in fact they make mistakes all the time they havent even scratched the surface on life the world and the unaverse so in my view they are not alway right nowhere near it but that is just my view you might not agree with it but you should respect my right to have it

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by OnceReturned

There is no way to deny archaeology, of course the world is not just 6,000 yrs old. I was never raised to believe such a thing. I cannot find in God's word where He says that. I find the story of OUR creation beginning in Genesis, but there can be a whole of open interpretation in those first two chapters. I just don't worry about fundamentalists and how rabid they are about it. Yes, science has a lot of fact, and IMO, doesn't disagree with God's word.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Digby I'm sorry ok. I just really got a kick out of this

fighting between ourselfs

[edit on 29-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I don't think that debating the truth is a matter of respect. It's not disrespectful for someone to tell you that they think you're wrong. I'm not being abusive about it, you can - obviously, no matter what - hold whatever belief you choose. There's nothing I or anyone else can do about that. But, in a discussion board where discussions take place, we can tell you that we disagree and tell you why we think you're not right.

It's not disrespectful to debate; it's a matter of trying to find the truth. People becoming disrespectful about it sometimes, but it's certainly possible to argue without crossing any lines.

No one maintains that science has all of the answers. Not a single person. Some of us do maintain however, that the scientific approach is correct and that it will lead us to the truth more better than any other approach. There are different methods for understanding the world. I think that science is the best one.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Although JennyBee already stated it perfectly, I am stunned that someone would take the opportunity to bash Christianity and Christians in a thread about intolerance.

Contextually it's not too surprising, as it is clear that the poster isn't very well educated, but I'm still taken aback.

The post added nothing to the thread and simply provided the opportunity to spout vitriol. It's sad to realize that this is the level that CiR discourse has fallen to.

Eric

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i think everyone should read this
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and this
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe the mods and the members forgot the purpose of this forum so it turned into a board in which people can post all their pro/con religious themed rants.
Crimes commited by any person/group is not a conspiracy, the cover up IS. Just adding the words "conspiracy" or "secret aggenda" does not make something part of the "vast conspiracy of christians/atheists"

[edit on 29-3-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Dude, did you accidentally post on this thread? I have yet to see anyone ranting here. I'm also sure that the mods truly appreciate you reminding them of what their job is!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

Dude, did you accidentally post on this thread? I have yet to see anyone ranting here.

The OP was talking about the bashing that goes on here in CiR, my response was about the CiR board.

I'm also sure that the mods truly appreciate you reminding them of what their job is!

Im sure that if any of them have a problem with what i have said they will let me know.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I think you can safely add "Thread Killer" to your repertoire.

new topics

top topics

join