It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Christians' "holy spririt gifts" fight the NWO?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The New Testament mentions several character traits, along with some supposed "spiritual gifts" left to the apostles and their followers.
What exactly these gifts entailed is still under some debate, especially when it comes to handling "serpents", or speaking in gibberish ("tongues").
But many of these "gifts" encourage healing, patience and forgiveness.
However, is the Christian movement still interested in fighting larger battles for social justice, or are they just sitting around waiting for the "End Times"?
The followers I've met are nice people, but there's little interest in resolving real, current issues, and they're all babbling on about the books of Danial and Revelation, and how the world is ending soon. Isn't that cult speak?
Is that what Jesus wanted?

Couldn't they use their "love" and "peace" politically, to much greater effect? What's with the lame theology and attitude?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Just to clarify: I want to hear people's opinion on this issue because too many posts misrepresent the love of Christ, and too many conspiracists see Christianity only as the foot-soldier of the NWO, or powers that be. But that was not so in history: just look at the Christians like Bonhoeffer who opposed Nazism, or the many who opposed apartheid. Christianity is not oppression, it is liberation: both personally and socially.
Halleluja, somebody had to say it.

[edit on 28-3-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It aint magic dude... And during the tribulation we are killed... Those gifts wont stop that.. But will help us through it... And if people are beating me down and im just offering my other cheek.. Is that not going to make you (general you) think?... The world will be told that we are a danger to be wiped out... But when confronted with this "danger", you are going to forgiven as the blows reign down... Your conscience will be affected... Unless you are an unfeeling animal...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
How exactly would you expect a "christian movement" to go about social justice? In this system thus far one can only do so much as to voice their opinion and vote for what is (opinioned) right. In the end times tribulation we will preach the gospel and be a witness to the light to the best of our abilities until the time for us is finished and help those who are in need. I'm curious as to what exactly you are even expecting?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

A good extrapolation of my point.
Could you explain to me or name me an "unfeeling animal"?
Many Christian groups started off "Millenialist", and some survived the phony apocalypse dates.
But what happened to the social message of Jesus, like feeding the hungry or clothing the naked?
Why has it all turned into a kind of pseudo-science about who will meet Jesus in the clouds on rapture day, or who will be killed in some apocalyptic war?
Is that what Christianity is about.
Is that what made its proud tradition?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
However, is the Christian movement still interested in fighting larger battles for social justice, or are they just sitting around waiting for the "End Times"?

Some are fighting larger battles for social justice, some are just sitting around waiting for the End Times. From a Biblical standpoint, there's accountability for 'just sitting around' so that's not a safe thing to do.

The followers I've met are nice people, but there's little interest in resolving real, current issues, and they're all babbling on about the books of Danial and Revelation, and how the world is ending soon. Isn't that cult speak?

It can surely sound like cult-speak, though I don't believe the Bible nor the faith were meant to be exclusive. The gospel is meant to be helpful and shared.

Is that what Jesus wanted?

The Book itself says exactly what Jesus wanted. Christ wants people to come to believe and know God.

Couldn't they use their "love" and "peace" politically, to much greater effect?

Yes, and if you know of a way I could use my love and peace to achieve a greater effect, I am listening.

What's with the lame theology and attitude?

What's with the harsh judgement on the faith and other people's thinking?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SlapBassist531

Spiritual people can do much: just look at Gandhi and the liberation of India, or the US Civil Rights movement. Or consider our apartheid, and people lile Desmond Tutu or Byers Naude. Don't deny your own tradition. Have you ever learnt it? Probably not.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Have you ever learnt it? Probably not.

Wow, you're full of judgements, aren't you? Who asks a question and then answers it before giving the other person an opportunity to respond?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

I think you repeat much of what I argue. There is no judgement from my side, just a question.
Ask Jesus or the Bible, or the Sermon on the Mount - what is expected?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

That is not fair, if I don't respond I'll be called evasive, and I did give response time. Anyone can still respond, so the issue of response time is not important. How long must I wait for a response - maybe you can tell me?
You play me but not the ball in your response, that is also one response, yes?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Just to clarify: I want to hear people's opinion on this issue becaues too many posts misrepresent the love of Christ,

How is it possible to misrepresent an imaginary being ? Do you believe there is a conspiracy within christianity or that xtianity itself is a conspiracy ?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I dont hold with the rapture stuff... Have researched it and its been done to death here... Yeshua clearly stated in Mathew 24 that we would go through the tribulation.. It even mentions loads of Christians in Revelation under the altar who are killed for their testimony..

The false pre trib rature is part of the great delusion.... The wheat fom the chaff... The chaff will see all the events unfold before their eyes but think that all is good coz the rapture hasnt happened... For the same reason they will accept the anti christ because they will think that they have to be removed first before the anti christ can show his ugly face...

These are the same churches who hold onto the prosperity doctrine.. Those same ones who would rather give their money to pastors so they can buy new cars and houses before they would give it to the poor in their own street.. Those judgmental hypocrites.. Dont get me started

The "wheat" however will be showing love.... Those are the real Christians... In the worst possible circumstances...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Ask Jesus or the Bible, or the Sermon on the Mount - what is expected?

"Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself." - Matthew 22:37-39

"But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:43

"The keys to heaven aren't granted by deeds: "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

However, when one is a believer, the good works should be coming naturally: "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." - the next verse in Ephesians. Sometimes there can be the problem of believers not recognizing the work prepared for them, which is why it's critically important to keep in communication with God. If we're concerned about inactive Christians, the best thing we can do is encourage them to get involved in keeping in touch with God or perhaps inviting them to get involved in our own good works. I guess we can hit them over the head with a book, but does that really work?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Regarding the ambition of reversing the prophecy of God, we have the assurance that attempting to do so is futile:

"Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape." - 1 Thessalonians 5:1-3

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TELEX

Usually I'm a big doubter, but in my younger struggle days Jesus and martyrdom were very appealing. So I am saying that one form of religion scares the living daylights out of the NWO, or the power that is. I mean there were people marching into bullets and gunfire.
So the conspiracy for me is how an effective social movement has been laid lame.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Have been my entire life and I will continue to do so until the day I die.

I don't agree with any of it and I never will.

I guess you could say that I will die a happy man.

~ Zeus

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
My jaw literally dropped when I read the title..

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Not to offend anyone, but I'm just going to get to the proverbial nut cutting here. Most of the people who practice Abrahamic religions that I have met, are eager for their dreamt up "end time" scenario. Take a good hard look at what is going on in the world!

This so-called "war on terrorism" is nothing more or less than a religious war between religions that feel they are being pushed aside by more enlightened views of spirituality. What better way to recapture attention than to start a war and create as much turmoil as you can? That is exactly what is going on.

You know, it's rather obvious to one who walks with their spiritual and physical eyes open as to what is going on. However, people have been so indoctrinated in traditional beliefs that most do not see what is happening. It's rather sad,really.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Believers aren't sitting back on their laurels. Ok, well at this moment, I am - but that's only because I can't stand and type at the same time.

My question is why do non believers assume that believers are all sitting around filing our nails, whistling Dixie, and waiting on Christ?

I can assure you we are not.

We pray - alot - not only for the non believers ,but the believers, as well. And for the world, but most importantly, for God's Will in all things.

We "try" to start threads on online forums (ahem)....... we "try" to respond to the anti Christ threads ........ and most of the time we get verbally attacked, and/or ridiculed - enough that some days, I want to just shrug my shoulders and say "So be it - now I know how Noah must have felt back in the day".

Believers/Christians can talk all day long but until a non believer chooses to humble him/herself and ask Jesus to come into his/her heart, anything I could ever think/write or say would never convince them otherwise.

I read sooooo many posts on these threads from people that are blatantly filled with pride, vanity and ego - it's frightening. Not because they are so full of themselves - but because that "self fullness" is going to be what separates them from Jesus Christ.

I used to not say a word to anyone about my faith/belief - why? Because up until that time, about a year or so ago, I honestly thought I would be dead and gone before the "end days" arrived. But today, I know I was very wrong. Things are happening so quick it's hard to keep up with it all - meaning things leading up to prophecies being fulfilled. And I do believe, wholeheartedly, that all of us, every person reading this right now, will be here to witness, experience and be a part of, the big "finale" of Planet Earth.

People have to decide for themselves if they will heed the warnings in the Bible, or continue to scoff and ridicule.

If the believers are wrong, we have absolutely nothing to lose.

However, if the non believers are wrong, they will lose it all.

End spoiler: If I were a betting kind of gal, I would be sliding my chips over to the side of the Bible, and God.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Can Christians' "holy spririt gifts" fight the NWO?

He said; "My kingdom is not this world, or my servants would fight that I not be delivered up!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join