It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines: Video of a light in the sky dropping smaller lights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

looks like the dashcam vid from a cop in CA
www.youtube.com...
same day as the tsunami

nice vid!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hermantinkly

Incredible footage. If you want to know what it is, check out the documentary Ships of light: The Carlos Diaz experience. Do not listen to skeptics. Listen to your intuition.

Definitely listen to the skeptics - Carlos Diaz is a known UFO video hoaxer.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Originally posted by SacredLore
This is man-made. A common sight in Rio de Janeiro and I have seen it many times myself. Almost every night you can see small hot air balloons in the night sky. The burning material that produces the hot air often starts to drip and fall off to the ground, exactly like on this video. Maybe it is even parts of the balloon catching fire and falling off (they are usually made of paper).

Call it Chinese lantern if you like

Beauties of the Sky, Filled With Hot Air and Peril

YouTube: Les ballons pirates de Rio (Portuguese/French)

The only difference is that the hot air balloons in Brazil are not tethered, they move with the wind. This one seems tethered, or maybe the wind indeed was changing direction several times.

The sight is impressive and surprising if you don't know what it is. I would have mistaken it for a UFO as well. But no local resident of Rio de Janeiro would ever think that such lights are not from earth.

I can't believe most of the 20 or so posts after yours seem to just ignore your explanation and people are still talking about the paratrooper stuff.

Your explanation make perfect sense to me and both the video and the times article you linked to were very enlightening about the situation in Rio. Looks like we have either a copycat in the Philippines or an original artist doing the same thing.

Thanks for explaining it... you win the prize, all I can give you is a star but I'd give you applause if I could.

LOL! Thanks a lot for the acknowledgement :-)

Should have quoted from one of the links:
"the balloons, which are maintained in the air by flaming wicks of cotton soaked in wax" Explains the dropping lights.

What puzzles me is why so many adore the video in this thread and ignore interesting and unsolved cases like this one:

Unsolved UFO sighting worth your attention! (Add a reply and flag!)

This probably isn't E.T. either, but at least there are multiple and credible sources for this unexplained sighting.

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chimanta
reply to post by hermantinkly

Incredible footage. If you want to know what it is, check out the documentary Ships of light: The Carlos Diaz experience. Do not listen to skeptics. Listen to your intuition.

Definitely listen to the skeptics - Carlos Diaz is a known UFO video hoaxer.

Stop spreading disinformation. That is a completely unfounded lie. It has never been proven that Carlos Diaz hoaxed his story, footage, or pictures. The producer of the documentary along wit Harvard University professor John E. Mack took a survey of the town of Tepotzlan and found that 70% of the population had seen and /or had a relative who had seen and identified the same craft. You can see their testimony in the documentary. It is impossible to disprove that type of corroborative evidence.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by hermantinkly]

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The lantern theory is a good explanation except for one thing.
The object moved from left to right pretty fast. If lanterns were blowing in the wind, then there would need to be a constant exchange of air blowing East to west and vice versa constantly.
Prediction:
ALIENS!

posted on Mar, 29 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I'm a firm believer in the UFO phenomenon but this looks alot like this object with slight differences.

[edit on 29-3-2010 by Halfburnt]

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I’m from San Bernardino CA and me and a friend just witnessed the exact same thing east of my home. It lasted about 2 minutes dropping things from the sky then just vanished. The only difference from the video was there was no side to side movement and the color was yellow. It did appear as to be spinning.
I never believed in UFO’s but I cannot explain what we seen!!! Starting to wonder…..

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I was going through my old threads and stopped in on this one, only to be perplexed by this video once again. I still think this is a UFO, and not a lantern, it just appears to be too big to be one. Hmmm...still an interesting video.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Until a proper video analysis is made it will remain an Undentified Flying Object, but one fact that will remain constant and it is this - it is not anything connected to non-human extraterrestrial activity.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

How do you not know what it is, but yet know what it isn't? That doesn't even make sense.

Pred...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Sometimes it is obvious. Anything else remains wishful thinking.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

No wishful thinking here. I have no idea what it is and make no claim otherwise. If I don't know what it is and freely admit that how could I say if it is terrestrial or not?

Pred...

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I was going through my old threads and stopped in on this one, only to be perplexed by this video once again. I still think this is a UFO, and not a lantern, it just appears to be too big to be one. Hmmm...still an interesting video.

Pred...
I don't know what you mean by "too big".

First, I only see a small light in the sky and even smaller lights dropping from it.

Second, did you watch the 9th post in this thread video before the account was closed? Some sky lanterns I've seen are as nearly big as the space shuttle, and would be way bigger than what's shown in that video.

I'm sure enough it's a sky lantern, I'd bet my car on it. I can't think of anything else it could be, but more importantly, it matches the profile of a sky lantern completely. I don't even understand your objection about it being too big because it's not very big.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join