It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippines: Video of a light in the sky dropping smaller lights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretGoldfish

I agree with SecretGoldfish. That was my only other guess besides some sort of UFO. But, SecretGoldfish, being the expert in the para's, I think we can definately rule out para's. Great video's OP!!! I think we got something really good and interesting here. Thanks for sharing them with us. I for one, will await for some further experts to weigh in as SecretGoldfish has done.

All my opinion only.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by One Step Beyond...

ok...now I want a laser

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is man-made. A common sight in Rio de Janeiro and I have seen it many times myself. Almost every night you can see small hot air balloons in the night sky. The burning material that produces the hot air often starts to drip and fall off to the ground, exactly like on this video. Maybe it is even parts of the balloon catching fire and falling off (they are usually made of paper).

Call it Chinese lantern if you like

Beauties of the Sky, Filled With Hot Air and Peril

YouTube: Les ballons pirates de Rio (Portuguese/French)

The only difference is that the hot air balloons in Brazil are not tethered, they move with the wind. This one seems tethered, or maybe the wind indeed was changing direction several times.

The sight is impressive and surprising if you don't know what it is. I would have mistaken it for a UFO as well. But no local resident of Rio de Janeiro would ever think that such lights are not from earth.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Good vid... can't say what it is but it's definately one of the better vids whether it's a fake or not...

Found this on Sun homepage today :

www.thesun.co.uk...

^^ Unidentified object in Oz

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Seriously, STOP all the damn blurry videos.

How are we supposed to believe anything when all we see are blurry videos taken at night from a thousand yards away? This is getting ridiculous. That video shows absolutely nothing at all.

Gee, a light in the sky and other lights dropping...

Must be aliens. Must be a laser. Must be flying monkeys.

It's a light. That is all.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
light from what though?

dropping so many other lights by what mechanism?

leaving at so many different angles how?

those are the questions.

let's have some explanations.

a chinese lanters dropping over 100 different lights . . . how is that possible, realistically (not theoretically). a helicopter dropping over 100 flares . . . why?

let's have some real explanations.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Firefly taking a dump?

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
HOLY CRAP Batman !!!

Looks like paratroopers dropping
from a C-130 on a night run
except they got flares on their gear
to keep from gettin lost, lol

thanks for posting
S&F

I'll let somebody else come along
with their swamp gas theories
and have a go at it.

Paratroopers wouldn't carry active flares o their gear on an operation. Number one, there is nowhere in the world they would need to train for that.They are masters of infiltration and stealth and live flares on their bodies as they drop pretty much just says "here I am come and shoot me". Number two, if they are worried about getting lost, they do not need to be a paratrooper, who, by the way, are well versed in navigation in night or day. Number 3, Live flares on the gear are a serious risk to fire on their equipment and as they fall the air would just make it worse. Nice try, but there couldn't be more wrong with your "obvious" observation and your attempt to skeptically answer a question using a movie reference as a tool for sarcasm.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My first thought was of the old case where a guy on a boat claimed a ufo flew over dropping slag which singed his boat and killed his dog, it might have injured his son too, can't remember what the case was called.

Interesting vid, I have no clue what it could be though, the tethered kite idea seems plausible.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Im really gettting sick seeing this lights, i want to see a ufo up close

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigern
My first thought was of the old case where a guy on a boat claimed a ufo flew over dropping slag which singed his boat and killed his dog, it might have injured his son too, can't remember what the case was called.

Interesting vid, I have no clue what it could be though, the tethered kite idea seems plausible.

That is my first thought as well. Where the guy had the sample and they ran tests on it and found that the base components (some of them) were from outside of our planet.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

That sounds about right, I don't remember the details but I know ufo hunters had an episode dealing with it, I think they even dove into the lake looking for the stuff.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Seems like something is tied down with burning embers (burning plastic?) dripping off of it. The left and right motion could be attributed to changing wind directions. I really wish there was some audio with this, but without that the only conclusion I can come to is some guys putting on their own light show in a field

I don't want to derail this thread in any way but I'm a new user and not allowed to post new topics. As such I really wanted to draw attention to this video I found that was filmed over Germany on March 9, 2010.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This video either shows a plane dropping flares, or, (more likely) para-troopers doing a night drop exercise while carrying some kind of luminous band or glow-stick on their kit.

This is not a UFO, it's identifiable. It's CERTAINLY not an alien space ship.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Looks like an airdrop at Crow Valley DZ near Pampanga Province.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Honestly, I would NEVER trust any video that doesn't have the sound included. They are hiding something....

It could be the coolest UFO video of all time, but if it doesn't have sound something isn't right. It's suspicious.

I would ask the original unloader for the original video with full sound before I do any real analysis on the video.

That said...

At first glance I can usually tell if it is CGI or not. This video doesn't appear CGI to me at this moment. I will have to look deeper later...

It is probably a mini hot air balloon (aka Chinese lantern) that is burning up and falling apart.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A couple great idea floating around this thread.

I agree with the professional paratrooper that said no way this is a paratrooper. He has done it before many times, I'm sure he should be able to tell what paratroopers look like.

I don't know about the chinese lantern/balloon because how could the objects falling off be so big? If they were any smaller they would have went out going down from the amount of wind, so they must have been bigger pieces. A balloon could not lose that many parts or whatever is burning as well. I don't know, to me this just seems implausible to me.

I personally have no idea what it could be.
I did get reminded about when the UFO dropped that stuff on that guys dog and burned him like a couple posters have mentioned.

Perhaps it was a spaceship that was trying to engage warp-drive but it was on fire and couldn't get it to go.

Pred...

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

I know it may well of been said already but, I wanted to add my 2 cents. Whatever is coming out of the first object is going straight down to the ground, therefore, there doesn't appear to be any intelligent control of these objects and indeed gravity is doing its job.

Based on what we have seen in the video I want to go on record to say that that there is nothing untoward about this and that I don't believe it has anything to do with other civilisations, most probably flares OR night sky divers with lights.

Thanks for sharing the video its good to see something new on this site once in a while.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Philippines: Video of a light in the sky dropping smaller lights

This video recorded by ufologist and self-professed Messianic priest Anthony (Tony)
Israel from Philippines most probably in Las Piñas City where he has been videotaping
many UFO sightings since the 2000. It's clear to me the footage was actually recorded
by Tony Israel because the same balcony or window is shown as in the other videos he
took, see my comparison.

Tony Israel is a known skywatcher in Philipines but also a controversial priest with
some fancy ideas. The YouTube user dancing boy aka bc512a is probably a fan or
friend of Tony notice how he removed the audio maybe because Tony's voice is heard,
anyway here is Tony Israel own YouTube channel and website.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I don't know about the chinese lantern/balloon because how could the objects falling off be so big? If they were any smaller they would have went out going down from the amount of wind, so they must have been bigger pieces. A balloon could not lose that many parts or whatever is burning as well. I don't know, to me this just seems implausible to me.

I don't know the exact mechanics of what is falling down from the hot air balloons, but I can confirm from my own observation that this video looks exactly like what I have seen many times in the night sky over Rio de Janeiro. Fireballs that are very visible keep falling down, many of them. 20 or 30 for sure, might be 100 over time. The balloons may well be engineered to exhibit exactly that behavior. The Brazilians let these balloons fly with the purpose of calling attention to them. Some of them start a real firework (after a timed delay). The guys building them pride themselves in their skills. One example use of these balloons in Brazil is to celebrate the victory of a football (soccer) team.

I don't think this video shows anything of much value to the UFO community. Can't understand why it gets such attention.

Here is a much more interesting case (Niagara Falls UFO)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join