It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your New Facebook Friend May Be a Federal Agent

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by loveguy

Facebook was created by people in the CIA. You don't have privacy from the government over that network. It is likely that every public forum on the web has computers running key logging software waiting for a dangerous word to be typed. Here's a link to a youtube video that explains how Facebook was developed.
www.youtube.com...

Yeah.
My puter slows to a crawl on FB.
I like to play mob wars and special forces and street racing.
Third party applications is what I blame(d) for my puter going so slow.
I've since put all my stuff on privacy blocker, just because I only trust one-way mirrors. Oh, the humanity!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
We all knew this was happening, many threads have already told us about this as well as many articles have been written on this subject (I believe I've posted some myself).

The feds are everywhere, in fact go to your bathroom right now, look into the mirror and lift up your middle finger. Chances are you're giving that middle finger not just to your reflection but to some fed watching you through a hidden cam.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
While Federal agents on facebook is indeed troubling, this does not stun me or amaze me in any manner.

There are those on ATS that want to be friends that could also likewise be in fact Federal agents doing their thing to track down those that worship the Alkaidaya terrorwist or those that have have uttered hurtful things about our illegal president.

Take your choice, but this capability has been around for decades, so if the Feds are going around to blogs to help them build their database of no fly Americans, count me in. I wont fly and haven't flown for ten years now because I refuse to be scanned like some chicken at the checkout counter at the local grocery store.

I'm already on so many lists that at times I feel like I am so in demand. Sorta of like being popular but without the ego trip.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

This is why you should only accept friend requests from people you know in real life. Funny, I thought that was common knowledge.

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by loveguy

This is why you should only accept friend requests from people you know in real life. Funny, I thought that was common knowledge.

Hello,
Thanks.
Just because I claim to be fairly intelligent doesn't actually mean that I am!
I got suckered into thinking that I'd do better at the third party apps/games if I invited strangers to join my crews.
Some of my best friends from childhood/school are in my facebook profile.
But most people are their as my apps/crewmen/crewwomen.
Now, I'd feel like an a** to delete them from my profile.
It really shouldn't matter, but I have a hang-up with failing relationships.
Guess I'll just have to say sorry, but goodbye? When most I'm sure of are real people not fronting.
Or, I'll just leave it as it is, and only respond to my wife, and her sister...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join