It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who's Ready For Mass Contact?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I've seen First Responder manuals for the "Contact" scenario. Very 1960s.

So what will you do when they come?

#1 befriend translators?

Get vaccinated?

Run for the hills?

Bring a welcome fruit & cheese basket?

Imagine the day, the shock, the news, the reactions, your kids, the seniors, the army, the curfews... What would you do first? Would you follow the masses?

Would the masses be euphoric or panic?

Would you be wary or open or defensive or protective of the aliens?

What does your mind's eye see when you put yourself in that first day of all out UFO contact?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Honestly, in our wildest imagination I don't think any of us have a true clue how we will react.

But I'm ready.

peace

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I'm ready too. I want to get it over with.

I'm hoping they have some sort of plan - if there is any need for one - for 2012. And I don't want to hear about it at the last minute.

I like time to pack

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I also think that it will unite humans in a way that we are so ripe to be.

Tolerance is the buzz word in every society and every country - no matter how war torn or how red neck - the concept has been widely dispersed and at least joked about if not accepted.

We may have to assume the ETs will be more advanced than us, therefore, being a united, enlightened, tolerant species will be in our best interests.

I would hope that neither the ETs or Humans will become a scapegoat, and I would like to see the bonds between humans strengthen.

It's a tricky line.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ready !

Your get vaccinated got me thinking.

An intelligent friendly race would know about virus and bacteria being a threat. How would the worlds governments get everybody vaccinated ? ( If the know of course )

Maybe they would try it by lifting an influenza strain up to a pandemic threat ? How would you vaccinate an entire population without telling them its's because of disclosure ?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
First Contact...ahh, how nice a thought.

Well, lets consider some things.

They come for our resources:
Not likely...space is filled with vast amounts of anything found on earth with no resistance to getting it. When they come, unless they are wanting...say...our trees, then any other resource available is far easier and expends less energy to simply snatch it from space itself.

They Come for the planet itself:
If thats the case, we wont see them at all...we will be long dead from a specific genetic virus released into the atmosphere target killing people. Such a contact senario will be a sneeze, a cough, and a grave...no shaking hands with melvin the martian

They come for slaves:
Why? Humans are ultimately a weak and pesky lot to control. Are we meant to believe that they are interplanetary travellers that cant make a decent robot or create a perfect mindless slave drone that can outpreform us 1000 fold?

They come to simply kill for fun:
Well, if they want our extinction, then first contact will be our planet contacting a rather large asteroid or two...or great bombs from space.

Ultimately, if a alien ship is hovering over a city and lands..we can assume that they come for little more than to simply meet the neighbors. They may give us some tough love and basically ground us until we can stop killing each other or whatever sort of rules may be out there...but otherwise, I will definately be one to try and find a good seat to see and potentially shake their little green hands should they come.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I think being 'ready' is an understatement! I've been anxiously waiting for First Contact for a while now! I can't imagine people who have been waiting for 10+ years. I've only really 'consciously' known about this for 4-5 years.

I've always thought they would be friendly. I don't know if it was because of the cartoons, or because I always knew somehow it would happen.. But I drew a book about Aliens coming to help us and be our friends in the 1st grade. Pretty cool that I'm looking forward to this actually happening now! Who knew? xD

I think they're up there waiting for the OH-KAY to land! When and if they do, I think we'll know to trust them. From what I've heard and read, they emit such positive radiant energies that we'll just feel so peaceful toward them, we won't have to doubt anything! That's just how I feel, and I sure as hell hope it's true! That would be an amazing experience to live through.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It's funny that I had this talk with someone a few days ago.

I am a very peaceful and generally quiet person but I had to admit to my friend that I would probably walk down my street proudly giving the finger to any and all who didn't previously believe.

Then I would go home and watch the mayhem as the world dissolves in panic.

edit to add: I'm not sure if contact will turn out to be good or bad, but I have always wished that it would happen in my lifetime because I just want to know one way or the other, dammit.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by zlots331]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

Ready for contact?

How can anyone be ready for the unknown?

Say it happens tomorrow, unfolds all over the TV and radio news. You can go outside and physically see craft hanging in the sky.

You think you were ready, as you’ve researched every UFO report and watched Greer and Salla and Icke et. How could you not be ready for this moment after educating yourself with all that information?

However, as events unfold right in front of your eyes, it is quickly becoming clear that every preparation you made for alien contact was wrong. “They” aren’t the benevolent humanoids you’ve been told were watching over us, heck, they aren’t even carbon based. “They” are ten foot tall, sentient, aggressive bacteria-based symbiotic life-forms.

How would you react to that?

Another scenario: everything you read was true. The Pleiadians and Andromedans are part of a Galactic Federation, and now they are here, offering technology and support, standing with the President and smiling for the cameras.

However, it isn’t the POTUS they’re with, but with Russia’s Medvedev.

One more situation to ponder: it all pans out exactly as expected, and alien craft have landed on the Whitehouse lawn. It’s finally happened.

It’s real.

Not a speculative Youtube video, or a sensationalistic – but ultimately correct – whistleblower’s account.

There’s no denying it anymore; we are not alone.

Then, and only then, will the real, deeply personal questions begin to nag at all of us. why?

Where formerly we assumed we were important, somehow significant, perhaps valuable, it transpires that we are but yet another species amongst a myriad of others.

In fact nothing special at all.

How could we prepare for that?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beamish

How can anyone be ready for the unknown?

I'm with you. I'm really hoping that we have been prepared by ATS and movies and star trek and swedish models for what we will be seeing.

At least we will have some cognitive place to put the data we will have to intake.

If it's not anything like we've imagined as a race - through art forms of all the ages.

Then I suppose we'll all be scared - or maybe we wont even know how to process that they've come.

hmmm - maybe they're here now?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
First Contact...ahh, how nice a thought.

Well, lets consider some things.

They come for our resources:

They Come for the planet itself:

They come for slaves:

They come to simply kill for fun:

Ultimately, if a alien ship is hovering over a city and lands..we can assume that they come for little more than to simply meet the neighbors. They may give us some tough love and basically ground us until we can stop killing each other or whatever sort of rules may be out there...but otherwise, I will definately be one to try and find a good seat to see and potentially shake their little green hands should they come.

It would be funny if they come for gold. We'll all be like - OMG it really is a universal currency

They may be anthropologists and come to study us - the way Europeans go study tribal colonies. Probably with all the false superiority as well.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zlots331

edit to add: I'm not sure if contact will turn out to be good or bad, but I have always wished that it would happen in my lifetime because I just want to know one way or the other, dammit.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by zlots331]

Yes, I agree. I would be seriously ticked if Contact came a few days after I passed away (peaefully in my sleep as an old satisfied woman).

I would be a little ticked if they came after my uncle passed away - because, like you, I'd relish the look on his face after all the lectures about how dismissible my curiosity about ET is.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
Ready !

Your get vaccinated got me thinking.

Maybe they would try it by lifting an influenza strain up to a pandemic threat ? How would you vaccinate an entire population without telling them its's because of disclosure ?

In other words...

they've been there, done that?

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

hmmm - maybe they're here now?

Yup, I would love for extraordinarily attractive aliens to be amongst us, spreading their teachings of love and universal one-ness.

But the likelihood is that our first contact could also be a monstrous cloud of fully conscious and imperially-minded microorganisms floating through space.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

There is no preparation, either people will be able to deal with it or they won't.

Take it as it comes.

If they come in peace great, if they come to enslave, oh well. I don't mean to be apathetic but given the technical hurdles required just to get here in any numbers there would be little or nothing we could do.

Perhaps naively, I agree that most likely it will be peaceful on thier behalf.

I think the supporting evidence for this is that if they are up there now, and are violent, why bother to wait? Again, we can't hurt them. Even assuming that they are at the same basic level of technology (except they got lucky and thier Tesla was fully funded) they would be able to shoot our missles down long before there was any real threat to them.

The odds of them being from Krikket are slim, however there is a possibility that a Predator or BORG type species could be out there. It may be repugnant, but it is a viable option.

What would I do?

Throw what little gold I possess out the window (just in case its the Annunaki) and go say HI.

EDIT: Spelling and Annunaki reference

[edit on 27-3-2010 by [davinci]]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I'm ready and I plan to do exactly what I do every other day...sit at home surfing the web and caring for my wife. After all, it'll be televised, so I can listen to that while I read all the paranoid goings on here on ATS.

If/when it does happen I'm hoping for them to bring medical technology so that people like my wife can be healed and carers like me can get a proper job.

Rev

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by tru_blu_dude
I think being 'ready' is an understatement! I've been anxiously waiting for First Contact for a while now!

I think they're up there waiting for the OH-KAY to land!

That would be great! That would also be patient.

Can you imagine Columbus - waiting for the OK to land?

Maybe they've got a manual and they know the process doesn't work for the enlightenment leap without certain concepts in place?

Maybe they tried when Da Vinci was alive and maybe Jesus was a rogue who thought he could go it on his own. Or maybe he was a scout ant?

I think 50% of the people I know are ready. And I live in San Francisco - if I go 30 minutes south - I'm guessing by the blank stares when I mention something like this jokingly - many more people would just be blown over like a feather completely side smacked.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by [davinci]
reply to post by Beamish

What would I do?

Throw what little gold I possess out the window (just to be safe) and go say HI.

[edit on 27-3-2010 by [davinci]]

Why would you throw away your gold?

I think we are all a bit prepared by movies, books and TV for carbon things.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

hello and greetings....

ive done my bit!

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I tell you what would disturb me most...

1) If they have mind control over my body

2) If they smell really different. (I bet I can handle looking and sounding different more than smelling really different)

3) If they separate people from their kids

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join