It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceShots: The Best New Photos of Our Universe! 74 great pics!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I saw this in Fox News Science section. The photos are just amazing. Enjoy.

March 3: A composite image of NGC 1068, one of the nearest and brightest galaxies containing a rapidly growing supermassive black hole. The X-ray images from the Chandra X-Ray Observatory's Spectrometer show that a strong wind is being driven away from the center of NGC 1068 at a rate of about a million miles per hour.

media.abovetopsecret.com...
It is the 1st one of the 74.

Source: www.foxnews.com...:s0:a4:g4:r4:c0.000000:b0:z5

If this has already been posted, sorry. I looked and didn't see any thing close to the description.

[edit on 3/27/2010 by anon72]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Holy crap check this photo out.

If the link does not work, it is slide # 9 on the link given above.

www.foxnews.com...

It is like two galaxies colliding or something, or rather the aftermath of it.

I have spent the last 30minutes looking at the countless intricacies and details of that photo, and I must say that I am astounded by the complexity and vastness of the event.

Thank you for the link to the slideshow with these new photos. That one photo of the galactic cataclysm is simply breathtaking.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
slide 29 is pretty interesting.

second line

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Thank you for share this. Great collection. 74 as the final "flash". Amazing image of this event

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Wow, I guess Fox updates their Best Space Shots. So, I put some of the more facinating new ones up. Very cool!!! Now I know how to load pics. If you have nothing to do, strap yourself in and enjoy this slideshow-you won't be disappointed. Enjoy!

Ice Lurks in Asteroids

(my favorite)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/43050c0a7837.jpg[/atsimg]April 28: Scientists using a NASA telescope have detected water-ice and carbon-based organic compounds on the surface of an asteroid. The cold hard facts of the discovery of the frosty mixture on one of the asteroid belt's largest occupants suggests that some asteroids, along with their celestial brethren, comets, were the water carriers for a primordial Earth

Ring of Fire

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3821bfb9b111.jpg[/atsimg]April 22: This new image from the Solar Dynamics Observatory’s Atmospheric Imaging Assembly (AIA) shows in great detail a solar prominence taken from a recent eruption. The twisting motion of the material is the most noticeable feature.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
in case you missed it file! I know it is a lot
pic but well worth the time.

I found my new favorite in them.

top topics

join