It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN rights body condemns Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

www.presstv.ir

The United Nations Human Rights Council has passed three resolutions in condemnation of Israel's "grave human rights violations" in the occupied Palestinian territories.

One of the resolutions which harshly denounced "human rights violations" by the Israeli military forces, called for an end to the occupation of Palestinian territories, and demanded an end to all military operations across Palestinian lands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well it seems Israel got what it deserves, even though the European Union and the U.S. voted against this measure, it passed none the less.

In my recent post Images from GAZA - WARNING!!! GRAPHIC I revealed these atrocities that Israel had committed against the Palestinian Peoples... with an obvious blessing from the United States.

Let's see how this pans out now.

www.presstv.ir

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm all torn on the Israel issue. I've read plenty of back and forth on this site, and others, but I feel like I've never really been able to find much factual information.

From what I can tell though, it seems that the Israelites have gone through a lot of turmoil in history, and now they are putting it to the Palestinians. It doesn't matter what religion you belong to, as my mother always said, "Two wrongs don't make a right."

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

www.presstv.ir

The United Nations Human Rights Council has passed three resolutions in condemnation of Israel's "grave human rights violations" in the occupied Palestinian territories.

One of the resolutions which harshly denounced "human rights violations" by the Israeli military forces, called for an end to the occupation of Palestinian territories, and demanded an end to all military operations across Palestinian lands.

Finally!
Back to read article!
Good find OP!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I feel a great swell of pity for the Israeli people right now. For the longest time, I backed Israel's right to self-defense, its need to repel invasions by multiple countries in '48, '67 and '73 - even to a degree did I understand their modern-day paranoia. Now?

I'm not going to take sides in a shooting war. (Insert country here) did this, Israel does that... an endless cyclical pattern of retaliation; nor even will I do anything but defend their use of overwhelming force of arms... don't repeatedly shoot a BB gun at a Grizzly bear and then bitch when the bear mauls you.

Now though, Netanyahu and the Likud have crossed a line even with the uber supportive U.S. government. Human rights violations on a case-by-case basis be damned. They dare start anew attempts to build settlements in the Palestinian territories while trying to dictate terms with the U.S. government? Joe Biden preaches peace while their bulldozers commence the leveling of Palestinian homes and they have the audacity to demand that we follow through on agreements to give them bunker busters?

The Israeli government is making a bed I don't even think their people care to lie in, and ultimately, they're the ones who will have to lie in it.

This isn't a post defending Hamas or Hezbollah by any stretch of the imagination, it is however made in the ardent hope that those holdovers from the Yom Kippur war near retirement really soon before they manage to alienate what's left of their supporters.

Far as the the U.N. Human Rights council, I'd feel a whole lot better about their assertions if their hypocritical membership wasn't littered with violators of the first order.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by Legion2112]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Don't get me wrong... I think it's a good thing that the UN has condemned Israels actions but practically speaking, what will it achieve other than to say, "We disagree with what you did... naughty Israel"?

There needs to be sanctions and diplomats need to be expelled from every country. Israel needs to feel 'alone' for a while to contemplate the gravity of their actions.

IRM

new topics

top topics

join