It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Likens War Against Terrorism to WWII.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I would also like to state that my grandfather is spinning in his grave. Every war is for a different reason. I have been guilty of comparing Iraq to Vietnam but in the context that the Vietnam war was viewed as necessary to stop the spread of evil(Communism). The Iraq war was started for apparently the same reason. But what real risks did these countries pose to the U.S. Neither could have invaded the U.S., neither had ICBM's to hurle at the States.

Smoke and mirrors ladies and gentlemen, the only one's who know the real reason for going to war are those who make the decisions!

posted on Jun, 16 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
DEEZNUTS...don and mike?..

This war is closer to ww2 than vietnam...both are the U.S. marking a line in the sand..

I was under the impression that some of Iraqs oil would go to pay for the war...?....if not it should....

I'm all for getting out of the u.n.....ungrateful heathen.....imho..

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall

In Bush's dreams!

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tad6015
This war is closer to ww2 than vietnam...both are the U.S. marking a line in the sand..

Actually it's just the US attacking a country because they have cylindrical chicken farms....

story.news.yahoo.com.../latimests/20040617/ts_latimes/spyworkiniraqriddledbyfailures

If hindsight is 20/20, we'll be able to see well enough to get rid of the people who are responisble for these failures. Who's responsible? Let's see....the president has a sign on his desk that says "The buck stops here".

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx

If hindsight is 20/20, we'll be able to see well enough to get rid of the people who are responisble for these failures. Who's responsible? Let's see....the president has a sign on his desk that says "The buck stops here".

Nazis don't recant or repent, unfortuanately. But, yes, it's very clear how foolishly these people went about this whole thing. Things would be markedly different right now if they had sent in at least 300,000 troops rather than this anemic force. It's insane.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DEEZNUTZ
I guess you have no problem with the U.S. picking up the tab for the war. I hope it's worth it for you Americans, this war is going to bankrupt your country.

I have absolutely no problem with the US picking up the tab. Heck we pick up the tab all of the time. It's a shame that, once again, the US has to protect the rest of the world from this junk while the rest of the spineless world justs sits back and watches. When is Canada finally gonna step in and lend a hand? As far as bankrupting the country... We have more money under the coushions of our couch than Canada has in all of their banks... COMBINED! Don't worry about us, we'll be fine. I would worry more about why your government hasn't bothered to step up and help us out.

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

I have absolutely no problem with the US picking up the tab. Heck we pick up the tab all of the time. It's a shame that, once again, the US has to protect the rest of the world from this junk

Man, who are you talking about?
Protect the world from whom? Al CIAda? Saddam?

You need a shrink.

Look out, the boogyman's behind you!

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Some people on here have been watching too much Captian America.

Americans save the world.... please! terrorism is as old as the hills. Guy Fawks was a so called terrorist back in the 17th century. Rich/govenment Americans help fund terrorists back in the 70s and 80s (IRA) and it only now its come back and bit you in the ass do you take note.

Stop reading comics and realise the EARTH prospective.

Also if I were American I would be asking my govenment and intelligence Agencies a few questions before defending them like a bunch of zombies.

Bush is a fool. I swear I can see his fathers hand up his backside. What now dad..??

[edit on 18-6-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
And I spend most of my time asking questions and demanding answers from my government. As far as terrorism is concerned, yeah it's been around as long as civilization. So what!? What have you done about it? Yeah, thought so.

As far as your claim that the US supported terrorism, you'll have to substantiate that one. Sure we've supported regimes that have been less than desireable or that eventually evolved into terrorist groups, but your claim that supported terror is a joke.

The US is a liberating nation, pal. We liberated the slaves, liberated ourselves, liberated Europe, Kuwait, South Vietnam, South Korea, Eastern Europe from the Soviets, and mediated countless other conflicts. What has Canada done, Eh?

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I don't live in Canada. I don't see this as my country is better then yours so I won't get involved in that playground bulls**t. Its SORT OF common knowledge in England that America had a had in funding the IRA. At least to most of the people I have spoke to about the subject. As for sources to the info, your surfing the WWW man, look yourself if you want to know.

Originally posted by kozmo
We liberated the slaves

haha. of course. you should be a presidential speech writer!!

[edit on 18-6-2004 by 7th_Chakra]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
KOZMO: The US is a liberating nation, pal. We liberated the slaves, liberated ourselves, liberated Europe, Kuwait, South Vietnam, South Korea, Eastern Europe from the Soviets, and mediated countless other conflicts. What has Canada done, Eh?

Give me a break!
Man, that is the most one-sided bunch of nonsense I've heard in quite some time. LIberation, my arse.

With regard to Iraq: We illegally invaded a sovereign nation.

We also allowed slavery to persist for many, many years and were behind England in freeing them.

Liberated Europe?
What are you talking about?
Eastern Europeans liberated themselves from the Soviet Union.

Vietnam? Korea? MANUFACTURED wars, both of them. Vietnam was not a threat to us and they did not ask us to come save them. Korea? More Machiavellian BU#.

Kuwait? Sure we liberated it after Bush I tricked Saddam into invading it.

Why must you bash Canada? There's no reason for that.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 18 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
No wonder the U.S. is going to hell in a handbasket. You people believe unequivically that your government is doing everything for you the people. I've got a great piece of property near Three Mile Island too if you want it. The U.S. backed Saddam during his conflict with the Iranians. The CIA gave him around $3 Billions. The CIA gave Usama Bin Laden and his rebels around $2 Billion to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.

So how does it feel as people of America to know that the CIA helped pay for Sept. 11. It was an indirect way, but I'm sure Al Qaeda used some of the money given to them by the CIA. These guys don't have benefits and pensions to pay their soldiers. I'm sure a couple of billion could last quite a while.

And why would you bash Canada for not supporting this war. We the Canadian people didn't support the war in Iraq. We are supporting the war on terrorism because it is a legit operation. Canadian soldiers have done everything ever asked of them throughout our history. WWI, WWII, Korea, 1st Gulf War, Somalia, Serbia, etc, etc, etc, etc. Just remeber to all those in the U.S. that without Canada the U.S. would never get a lot of the things done it wants to in foreign policy. The U.S. always uses Canada to grease the wheels with the rest of the world when it wants to get something through.

You started this war, there was no justification for it, your admin misdirected the people to get this war. If Clinton got impeached for a BJ, this guy and his cronies should have an appointment at Nuremburg. Many have speculated that if Bush doesn't win the election that he may be facing this appointment.

Wake up people in the States, your present admin is giving you a nice legacy of debt that you and your children will pay for forever. Enjoy and I hope it was worth it.

oh and by the way, most economists on both sides of the border predict that if the U.S. continues it's deficit spending and Canada continues to post surpluses that within 5 - 7 years the Canadian dollar will be above the U.S. Our dollar has already made huge gains over the last year.

[edit on 18-6-2004 by DEEZNUTZ]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join