It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m not sure if I posted this in the right place. Mods, please feel free to move this if it is in

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

This was a pretty hilarious thread. Arrrrrgggghhhhh matey where be my treasure booty
. I hardly ever ask if something is in the wrong place because I know it's going to get moved anyway so I either see that amazing 404 ad or I get sent on my way to another forum, simply as that.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

MODS, is it really such a huge inconvenience and problem to move a thread if you find that it was posted in the wrong forum?

No.

It's just a couple of clicks...no big deal. It's the members who get upset about it more...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I can't even count how many times mine were moved. I either do this
or this
when in reality I should just do this
but someday I will place my threads right.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
If you ever feel one has been moved wrong...let the mod know, and support why you think it should be there...

I've been known to reverse a move or two, based on a good argument for it (of course, another mod may feel differently, and try another move...but we try to discuss such things).

The whole goal is to make your thread read by those who are most likely to respond to it, and in a section the members will find it (while fitting the category, of course)...

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by elcapitano75

Ok I can't hold back anymore...are you aware you have the creepiest avatar I have ever seen? :-p

anyway I would the people who say might just be a bit timid?

I've done it a couple times

-Kyo

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

MODS, is it really such a huge inconvenience and problem to move a thread if you find that it was posted in the wrong forum?

No.

It's just a couple of clicks...no big deal. It's the members who get upset about it more...

Thanks for your response Gazrock. I kinda figured it wasn't such a big deal. I asked the Mod who moved my thread if it made them mad to move it and they replied that their blood pressure didn't even move up a tick.

I don't know why some members are so obsessively afraid of ticking off the mods with a misplaced thread. See guys, there's nothing to be afraid of. The Mods don't bite!

My threads get moved every once and a while. I usually don't argue with the Mod, though sometimes I think the move was to a more inappropriate forum than the one I posted it in.

It's good to know that the Mods will listen to us if we make the case for our thread not to be moved.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
EDIT: my bad, wrong thread

[edit on 26/3/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
I asked the Mod who moved my thread if it made them mad to move it and they replied that their blood pressure didn't even move up a tick.

So I see someone else thinks I have Multiple Personality Disorder...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

I asked the Mod who moved my thread if it made them mad to move it and they replied that their blood pressure didn't even move up a tick.

So I see someone else thinks I have Multiple Personality Disorder...

Sorry about that. I'm just a little gunshy about refering to posters as "he" or "she". I usually end up guessing wrong.

It's not like I can lift up your avatar to find out if you're a boy or a girl.:shk:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

It's not like I can lift up your avatar to find out if you're a boy or a girl.:shk:

That strategy would only serve to confuse you further.

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

No offense taken...the use of they to reference gender in leiu of confirmation has been a grammatical curiosity of mine for a long time...I try to avoid it when possible because of the ambiguity but that is just me...

SDog...I have no comment in that regard...:shk:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join