It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I’m not sure if I posted this in the right place. Mods, please feel free to move this if it is in

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I’m not sure if I posted this in the right place. Mods, please feel free to move this if it is in the wrong forum.

[size=10]AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!

I hate threads that start with this line!

Why do so many people feel the need to apologies for this in THE FIRST LINE OF THEIR THREAD!?! Every time I read that, I realize that 20 seconds of my life have just passed by that I can never get back. (5 to read that inane apology and another fifteen in which I sit fuming.) Why do people feel compelled to waste my time and the first line of their thread with this?

Don’t these people realize that the first few lines of their thread is what shows up on the New Topics page? Those first few lines are what some members use to determine whether your thread is interesting enough to read. You should use these lines as a hook to get readers interested in your thread, not the generic ATS apology.

We all have a hard time determining where to post unusual stories from time to time. Most of us use our better judgment and hope for the best. If you are really confused, U2U a mod and ask them for help, they probably won’t bite your head off. If you’re afraid to do that then play enie, menie, miney moe or just throw a dart at your computer screen. ANYTHING is better than reading the generic ATS apology at the beginning of a thread.

Whenever I see a thread that begins with the generic ATS apology, I make it a point to NOT star or flag that thread, no matter how interesting the topic, just because I’m so pissed off from that annoying first line. If you really feel so darn compelled to include the generic ATS apology in your thread, could you at least have the courteously of waiting ‘till the END of your thread?

MODS, is it really such a huge inconvenience and problem to move a thread if you find that it was posted in the wrong forum? Do your eyes start glowing red with rage whenever you have to go through all of the trouble of moving a thread? Do you put members on your eternal enemies list when they post in the wrong forum?

I’m sorry for going off on this rant but, I really believe this drags down the quality of the ATS experience. That and it annoys the heck out of me!

[edit on 3/24/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm sure someone will be along soon to move it to the "AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!" area. We can only hope. And, apology accepted

[edit on 24-3-2010 by elcapitano75]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I'm of the mentality of reading entire OP's before I decide whether the topic is interesting. The fact that people apologize does not bother me.

It's a bit ridiculous if you ask me as there is no penalty when a mod moves your thread, but some people are just courteous like that I guess..

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I’m not sure if this reply is in the right thread? Mods, please feel free to move this if it is in the wrong one.

I'm sure people are simply trying to post something they feel needs to be addressed and with many newer members [I know more seasoned members do it as well] are simply not sure where it goes.

Asking the Mods for assistance would be preferred before posting IMO.

Hope that helps.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I’m sorry for going off on this rant but, I really believe this drags down the quality of the ATS experience. That and it annoys the heck out of me!

See, how can I say this gently ... do you think that the fact that you didn't say "I’m not sure if I posted this in the right place. Mods, please feel free to move this ..." will stop them from moving it to the rant forum?

Just messin' with you ... some folks are new and trying to find their way around, others have topics that could go on more than one forum, and the intent in asking is not negative in any way, so really it's all good.

[edit on 24 Mar 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
and Rant here we go.

2nd

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I feel pretty much the same way as the OP. I think to myself why do they do it when a Mod will do their jod regardless.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

Yes , this is most definately an AAAAAARRRRGGGHH !! Thread ......

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Zanti Misfit]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by FortAnthem

See, how can I say this gently ... do you think that the fact that you didn't say "I’m not sure if I posted this in the right place. Mods, please feel free to move this ..." will stop them from moving it to the rant forum?

Yeah, It would be the ultimate bit of irony if they did that.

I just had to get this off my chest because it's bothered me from day one.

It wouldn't bother me so much if they didn't waste the 1st line of their post with the generic ATS apology. I understand we all make mistakes and our threads need to be moved every once in a while.

I'm just bothered that many folks here on ATS waste the 1st line of their thread with an apology that has nothing to do with the content of their thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I’m not sure if I posted this in the right place. Mods, please feel free to move this if it is in

now FA is going-

[edit on 3/24/2010 by endisnighe]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Now now ... play nice.... (it was kind of funny
)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Hey, at least we're not getting rick-rolled around here. I mean that would be 10 times worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75

Hey, at least we're not getting rick-rolled around here. I mean that would be 10 times worse.

Hey, you did that to yourself in your first post. It's not my fault if you got sick from it.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to move it to the "AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!" area. We can only hope. And, apology accepted

Also, ATS could really use an AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!! forum, I'd probably post there every day.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

A A A A A A A R R R R G G ! ! ! !

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Also, ATS could really use an AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!! forum, I'd probably post there every day.

Me too.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

A A A A A A A R R R R G G ! ! ! !

No louder, like this;

[size=10]AAAAAARRRRGGGHH!!

Primal scream therapy is awesome!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by elcapitano75

I thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for not doing it... not linking it.... not befouling this place with one more of those!

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Thanks for responding to my thread. I would like to hear from you or another Mod regarding the questions I posed in the OP.

MODS, is it really such a huge inconvenience and problem to move a thread if you find that it was posted in the wrong forum? Do your eyes start glowing red with rage whenever you have to go through all of the trouble of moving a thread? Do you put members on your eternal enemies list when they post in the wrong forum?

Is it a big deal to move a thread?

Does it make you angry when you have to?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It was necessary to move a thread you created titled, I’m not sure if I posted this in the right place. Mods, please feel free to move this if it is in which was originally posted in the Board Business & Questions forum, to the Rant forum. MemoryShock has initiated this action, and included this message about it:

Your thread is still available here,

This U2U was automatically generated when your thread was moved, please contact MemoryShock (by replying to this U2U) for additional information if you have any questions about why your thread was moved.

I guess I was just asking for that. :shk:

Suprised it took so long.

They finally caught up with me.

[edit on 3/25/10 by FortAnthem]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join