It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/3 of the food gone?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

1. You're swearing and trying to dodge the profanity filters

2. Why didn't you just post the verse in the first place?

3. I'm well aware of wormwood and revelations prophecy in general

4. Where does it say anything about food or honey bees? That was the point of your thread, right?

1 & 2 Next time, ask nicely and not with a snippy attitude, then you won't find me having to be rude to you in return. Funny, this being a religious forums, I would've thought that people here would be familiar with the passages I'm speaking about.

3 & 4 from the verse itself:

A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

from the article itself:

one-third of the human diet consists of plants

No, the bible did not state that Bee's would be the culprit, and I said so on my second reply to you (nice of you to AGAIN ignore it) but I did state that it was interesting how the article mentioned that it would be 1/3 of the food supply that would be at stake... just as revelations said.

Add to that the concerns over the food supply we get from the oceans and fresh water rivers, and you can get a clearer picture.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ntech
He is a bit in error but here is what is said of Famine during the early part of the Apocalypse.

Revelation 6
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

It's a quarter of the people of the earth and it is combined with disease, war, and wild animals. Though 1.5 billion out of 6 billion is a big number though.

I'm familiar with the passage you're talking about... though... at least from the interpretation I've heard some preachers and evangelists use... I thought that, that passage referred to the time where mankind would essentially become "slave workers" that would end up essentially having to work longer and harder, just to "earn" enough for only a day's meal (or something like that)... but I suppose that, that passage could also relate to the one I was referring to as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitemhard
I'm familiar with the passage you're talking about... though... at least from the interpretation I've heard some preachers and evangelists use... I thought that, that passage referred to the time where mankind would essentially become "slave workers" that would end up essentially having to work longer and harder, just to "earn" enough for only a day's meal (or something like that)... but I suppose that, that passage could also relate to the one I was referring to as well.

Being familiar with the passage, what make you think we are not slaves already.

Your economic well being is being pissed down the drain by the elected demoncrats, who are increasing the levy (tax) they take from you each and everyday or payday, to say the least. The Master must get his. And he pays you with something completly worthless, rather than say a commodity that has value, such as Gold, Silver, or Threaded Stock, Hand Tools and Munitions. Things you can actually utilize and use once it all goes downhill.

And what makes you think, the price of Bread will not become say $45.00 USD per loaf, due to the substandard currency the US currently basis it's economy upon. Once it crashes (The Currency), you may as well have a Pocket full of Lira or Pesos. (Well the Lira was previously a worthless piece of Paper prior to the Euro, and actually, I think the Peso is gaining against the USD, so maybe that is a bad example).

Just stirring the pot, and not being specifically difficult with you directly.

I know what the Bible and John the Revelator indicated, and we can not just simply believe one scenario as expressed by a person in the 1 Century will be according to what he expressed. His visions of these days would make expression of things today, quite difficult with the vocabulary of His day.

We can know this, the Price of food is ever increasing due to one problem or the other.

In Canada, bread is over $2.00 CAD per loaf. A 3 Litre (Our Satanic Unit of Measure here) bag of Milk nears $5.00 per bag. And this is due to nothing more than speculation, as far as I can see.

What will take place to the price of Bread if a Season Fails to produce the Wheat by Harvest Time? Only GOD knows

And do not mistake this. I have heard of the concern about Bees for several years now, and I do appreciate the problems that will result in the lack of pollenators in the enviroment. I know here, We have been importing bees for crop production for a few years now, just because Hives seem to be dieing each year. I think two years ago, many where realy concerned because producers of Bees had problems as well.

Anyhow, it is a serious concern, and one where we need to be prepared to take steps and make ready for, those JUST IN CASE days ahead.

Ciao

Shane

P.S. May I suggest, PLANT A GARDEN of your own. It can only help "YOUR" situation, and is a wonderful thing to teach the next generation.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
After looking at this Apocalypse thing very carefully over the past 20 years its my opinion that it's already started. A couple of details to look at.

Matthew 24 and the parable of the fig tree. Assuming that the rebirth of Israel in 1948 was an end time event then the generation he is talking about is approximately 62 years old. And the normal lifespan of a person is 70 to 80 years per Psalms 90. It would seem at most there is only about 18 years left on the generation to finish.

Daniel 8 and 11. Those prophesies may have been fulfilled once but there is a minor problem. Bible prophesies can have multiple fulfillments. Looking at Daniel 11-2 combined with the prophecy of Daniel 8 something weird could be happening. They appear to have predicted the 9-11 disaster and the response to it. Namely the conquest of Afghanistan and Iraq.

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

And when end of the world prophesies start to resemble current events and appear to go 3 for 3 well, I get nervous.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

P.S. May I suggest, PLANT A GARDEN of your own. It can only help "YOUR" situation, and is a wonderful thing to teach the next generation.

Thanks for the advise, and yes, I have already started, though I know I'm starting pretty small right now (because where I'm renting, I have to make sure I ask permission and make sure it's ok before I grow more)

Edit to add: What I meant to say in my previous post though, is that chances are we will be slaves, even more so than right now. Think about it... if bee's are gone... who do you think the governments will get to replace them and do the job of pollinating the plants, much in the same manner that they already do in china? That's right... the "slave" labor that is US.

Want a college degree and pursue your dreams? Too bad, you're going to the fields and start pollinating because the GMO food companies f***ed it up for the rest of us.

[edit on 26-3-2010 by Hitemhard]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join