It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1/3 of the food gone?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Had just read this article from the AP, and immediately it got me thinking of the book of Revelations, where it is said that 1/3 of the food supply will be gone:

Scientists are concerned because of the vital role bees play in our food supply. About one-third of the human diet is made of plants that require pollination from honeybees, which means everything from apples to zucchini.

Here's the link if you're interested.
Bee's in trouble

What's next? well, read revelations, 1/3 of the ocean's food supply, then I believe 1/3 of the fresh water food supply.

I guess the biggest issue I have with this though, is that if we really are living the end-times, I honestly have a hard time accepting Obama as "the beast" that rises from the ocean, I'd sooner accept the EU as being "the beast" than Obama

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Where in Revelations does it say that 1/3 of the food will be gone?

Please point me to chapter and verse.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Can't remember exactly, but I remember that it is near the section where the "big mountain of fire fell to the ocean" (and polluted the ocean food supply) and also when they talk about how "Wurmwood" or "wormwood" fell from the sky and polluted the freshwater supply.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Hitemhard]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitemhard
Can't remember exactly

Then why in God's name are you starting a thread about it?

Do at least FIVE MINUTES of actual research first. Jesus.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"I gaze upon the angel and it sayeth 'Yo dawg, I'mma take 1/3 of yo' food, aiiiiight?' and accepted I did." - John 21:12

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Had just read this article from the AP, and immediately it got me thinking of the book of Revelations, where it is said that 1/3 of the food supply will be gone:

Scientists are concerned because of the vital role bees play in our food supply. About one-third of the human diet is made of plants that require pollination from honeybees, which means everything from apples to zucchini.

Here's the link if you're interested.
Bee's in trouble

What's next? well, read revelations, 1/3 of the ocean's food supply, then I believe 1/3 of the fresh water food supply.

I guess the biggest issue I have with this though, is that if we really are living the end-times, I honestly have a hard time accepting Obama as "the beast" that rises from the ocean, I'd sooner accept the EU as being "the beast" than Obama

The ocean is symbolic for the sea of humanity

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBird

Can't remember exactly

Oh I'm sorry... is it too difficult for you to look this up as well so you feel that you need to be snippy with me? Again, at least I had enough sense to give some hints as to where in revelations it might be. But I guess maybe when you hear "big mountain of fire" or "wormwood" you only think of Dungeons and Dragons or Lord of the Rings?

Nice of you to COMPLETELY ignore the hints I gave in my post so you could justify being a total A** to me

Edit: oh, and "nice" of you to behave like a complete A** when I choose to reply to you right away instead of making you wait.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Can't remember exactly

Here you go A**, sorry I couldn't get it to you fast enough "your A**ness"

Revelations 8:8-10
7The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

8The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, 9a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

10The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— 11the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

No, it doesn't mention that the food will die off because of bees, but rather because of fire, but I can't help but wonder.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Haha beat me to it:

Revelations 8:11

[edit on 24-3-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
The Trumpets
Then the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared to sound them.

The first angel sounded his trumpet, and there came hail and fire mixed with blood, and it was hurled down upon the earth. A third of the earth was burned up, a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.

The second angel sounded his trumpet, and something like a huge mountain, all ablaze, was thrown into the sea. A third of the sea turned into blood, a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter.

The fourth angel sounded his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them turned dark. A third of the day was without light, and also a third of the night.

As I watched, I heard an eagle that was flying in midair call out in a loud voice: "Woe! Woe! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the trumpet blasts about to be sounded by the other three angels!"

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Personally I think that the book of Revelations are the rantings of Christo-lunatic. When the Church committee that compiled the official Bible was doing its thing this book was the most controversial and many of the attendees felt that it should not have been included in the officially recognized canon. It is my belief that they were right. It is basically jibberish that would have made Lewis Carroll proud. Its out-of-control symbolism is so broad and so vague that it can be applied to any situation at any time anywhere. The proof of that is that it has constantly been quoted by the Church as proof we are seeing the end of days ever since the book was established. My time on this planet has spanned over 50 years and, during all that time, I have heard stories about how this guy is the AntiChrist and then, a few years later, it's that guy, and then a new guy, and on and on! It never ends. Every year there's a new "revelation" by some nut concerning a current event that, according to them, is an absolute fulfilling of some crazy-ass prediction from this very silly book.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Can't remember exactly

Oh I'm sorry... is it too difficult for you to look this up as well so you feel that you need to be snippy with me? Again, at least I had enough sense to give some hints as to where in revelations it might be. But I guess maybe when you hear "big mountain of fire" or "wormwood" you only think of Dungeons and Dragons or Lord of the Rings?

Nice of you to COMPLETELY ignore the hints I gave in my post so you could justify being a total A** to me

Edit: oh, and "nice" of you to behave like a complete A** when I choose to reply to you right away instead of making you wait.

1. You're swearing and trying to dodge the profanity filters

2. Why didn't you just post the verse in the first place?

3. I'm well aware of wormwood and revelations prophecy in general

4. Where does it say anything about food or honey bees? That was the point of your thread, right?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Except now all of our fruits and vegetables are mass-grown in orchards and gardens. We don't need bees unless we want to be stung or some yummy honey.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well that creeped me right the hell out.

And he spoke, I am the eater of worlds!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
The thing about wormwood:

Wormwood is the plant that makes absinthe absinthe -- with its tales of hallucination and belle epoque (French for "Beautiful Era" debauchery

Odd, seems to fit in today's reality. It would seem we are 'Hallucinating' regarding how surreal it seems in which the government (at least the US government) spends money. Doesn't missing billions make the brain reel?

And 'Beautiful Era of Debauchery' Kind of like the excesses of the Elites?

Could the 'Star of Wormwood' refer to corruption and how it the powers that be will end up poisoning 1/3 of our food supply?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Angels just love to blow their own trumpets, don't they?

Har har!

*gunshot*

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Was it not Einstein who said that mankind will have 5 years to live once the bees start disappearing?? Colony Collapse Disorder started being noticed in 06-07. We are getting close to that 5 year mark...maybe this is the real 2012 threat. Frightening times...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Roughly one third of the fish are already gone from the oceans. I'm not religious, but thought it worth mentioning. Regardless of one's beliefs, it's something to be VERY concerned about. I'm not a biologist, I'm laymen, but common sense tells me that once we reach a certain tipping point (sometime this century), irreparable damage is done and catastrophic changes to the ecosystem takes pace. This doesn't just stop with marine life. It would effect the atmosphere and life on land as well.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
He is a bit in error but here is what is said of Famine during the early part of the Apocalypse.

Revelation 6
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

It's a quarter of the people of the earth and it is combined with disease, war, and wild animals. Though 1.5 billion out of 6 billion is a big number though.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
The worldwide economic collapse that is coming will produce a famine, even if mother nature does not.

The whole food chain from farmer, to food processing and packaging, road transport to supermarket, all runs on MONEY.

When money and credit dries up and disappears, so will food production along with it.

If the power grid goes down due to either war, sabotage or natural catastrophe, so does food processing and refrigeration and the entire food distribution system.

If the infrastructure and law and order break down due to revolution, or martial law, the food distribution system breaks down too.

If there is rioting, looting, and supermarkets are trashed and burnt out, widespread starvation is going to be a real problem.

[edit on 25/3/2010 by Silver Shadow]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join