It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spread The Good News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
• Well I have managed to stay out of my wheelchair for about 6wks (the longest so far in about 3 yrs)
• Hubby finally found a job today, after a 1 ½ yrs of no work, was rained out today and looks like tomorrow too, but has a job, it’s a start.
• Daughter blew her knee, BUT doc doesn’t think needs surgery
• Son also found a job last week
• We have plenty of food, my children have NEVER known what its like to go hungry, and I hope never will.
• I love my family and my family loves me. That alone makes it worth facing another day.

Casing

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Casing

Thank you for contributing your story! Sounds like things are looking up for you and yours! Continued blessings!!! And your right, as long as my family is safe and I am loved, I am content!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I like this thread. If this whole idea of our thoughts impacting the world is real, every bit of positivity helps.

- I have loved ones and a few great friends
- I am for the most part healthy
- I have a brain, common sense, and faith
- I am financially secure
- I've worked through painful experiences in my life and know that I have the strength to face just about anything
- My life has, for the most part, been blessed
- There is still much laughter and kindness in the world. You just need to be drawn more towards them
- Every living thing is a miracle
- I have the power of choice for everything I do, every second of every day

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Greenize

1. Im going home in less then 2 weeks.

2. I leave Iraq forever.

3. I leave the army forever in a few months.

I would say it is good news after all.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I spread the good news about Jesus suffering and dying for sinners to set them free from an eternity of Hell all the time.

He changed my life for the better and set me free, and even in my great misery, seeing people trash him for no good reason, my faith that he will rid the universe of evil one day remains.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
*bump*

This thread really should not die. Positive thinking should never take a back seat. Out scales could all use a little balancing these days.
Come one , what are you thankful for, what makes you happy?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Great thread, nice to see a little change here on ATS every one in a while
For me, I am thankful for many things:
1. My parents who love me so much and take good care of me when I get to see them
2. My education. Thanks to assistance from the Government, I am able to attend University, learn, and look forward to a career I enjoy
3. My car. I try to tend not to be too thankful for material things, but indeed my car is of great help when I head home on weekends to see my family
4. My girlfriend. Together we get through the insanity that is University, and without her, I would be a lot more lonely so far away from home.
5. I have a house over my head that keeps me warm and cool, and enough money to purchase the things I need such as food.
6. I am thankful for technology. Honestly, life would be a lot different and perhaps not in a good way without the internet or computers. (I actually had to use the library this week. Can you believe that?!)
7. I am thankful for my God. Really, I don't want to get all religious here, but my God really helps me get through my life as well, even though its not as hard as others. The relationship we share helps me know there is more to life than just a career, and that Jesus' love is really for the aide of everyone!

Those are just a few things I can be thankful for! Never hurts to have positive prospects in life!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

THANK YOU for serving, and that is indeed great news!!!!!! My best friends husband is over there and won't be home until December!
We are all blessed to have men and women willing to serve in the armed forces!! Thank you for posting!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Thank you to each of you that have posted thus far! Today at work, I felt anger rising up in me as I watched two of my co-workers sit in an office and chit chat and laugh it up while the other two of us were left running our buns off trying to take care of customers. I had to remind myself of this thread and some of the things that I have posted as well as read here in! Again, thank you all for the positive posts!!! Continued blessings!!

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greenize
Thank you to each of you that have posted thus far! Today at work, I felt anger rising up in me as I watched two of my co-workers sit in an office and chit chat and laugh it up while the other two of us were left running our buns off trying to take care of customers. I had to remind myself of this thread and some of the things that I have posted as well as read here in! Again, thank you all for the positive posts!!! Continued blessings!!

I have noticed just here and there while on the boards that you never seem angry enough, to the point of my incredulity. 'Tis refreshing (and good on-topic news) to read your tales of having a full emotional gamut.

While doom and gloom are the mainstay bread-and-butter of the morose, one grows weary of its blandness and these moments you describe are absolutely scrupmtious bon-bons in a honey glaze.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join