It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother furious after in-school clinic sets up teen's abortion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I know this has nothing to do with the new health care bill that was foisted upon us. However, is this the sort of thing we can expect to continue or even increase with the new plan. I don't see where the school can allow thiss on thir property and then claim ignorance....someone has to pay for it.....who? I also dont get there not being an age of consent for an abortion in Washington state.....wth?

www.komonews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
No, it's not the sort of thing that we'll see increasing from the healthcare bill. Maybe the bill will open up the possibility for this to become par for the course in the future. Personally, I'm all for it. So long as abortions aren't being mandated, so long as it's the mother's choice -- preferably with some input from other concerned parties -- then it's not an out and out bad thing. A world in which they didn't happen would be preferable; a world in which they are effectively necessary is the one we live in, and one in which young women can do it without dealing with the stress of figuring out how to do it all alone is better than one in which they can't.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It's amazing that a child under the age of 18, probably well under the age of 18, can have an abortion (a major medical operation) without parental consent and state law allows it...gotta love liberals and their perverted thinking.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's always a shock when you realize your child is not really your child..they are a ward of the state, and the government just lets you raise them for awhile.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

What in the heck does this have to do with liberals? You think that the girl is thinking about politics as this is happening?

Should the school have been involved? No. But if this girl set her mind on an abortion, she was going to get it one way or another.

The mother needs to start asking herself why her daughter was in that particular predictament in the first place.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

How about they're their own developing persons who, to a certain extent, should have access to their free will and multiple influences?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
soslasis...you may be wrong about the agenda abortionists are up to, i dunno.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
So, the school is allowed to perform an operation on the kid without the parents knowing?
This is wrong, can't people see this?
For the people that say that it is the girls choice and that she should have privacy and that it is the mothers fault.
You never told a lie to your parents?
You never sneaked around and did something that you were not supposed to do?
If my underage daughter was sexually active, I would like to know.
If my underage daughter was pregnant, I would like to know about that too. I would also want to know who is she having sex with and where?
If my underage daughter was getting an abortion or anything done to her I would also like to know about that as well.
If my daughter died during this procedure I would press criminal charges and file a lawsuit.
Would they have paid for all of the child's need if she would have decided to keep the baby and payed for all that the girl needed until she was able to get a steady job?
NO
This is all BS and it needs to stop. What the hell is wrong with people?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

You know what, NO. Most of these kids have no idea of what they are doing and change their choice from one second to another.
If your kid is learning to drive and you see that if they keep going the way that they are heading, they are going to fall off a cliff. Isn't your job and duty as a parent and guide them on the right path? Isn't your job as a parent to stop them if you see that they are going for the cliff anyways?
The kid is not going to be the one responsible for the damages that they will cause, the parent is the one that will have to deal with the problems.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

My guess is that the parents didn't see that this girl was heading for a cliff. And if you've got the means to stop the kid from going off the cliff but you're not their parents, well, you take that opportunity.

And if they go off the cliff? Someone needs to help them get to the hospital, get the casts on, start rehabilitation, and pay their medical bills. If the kid doesn't trust their parents to do any of that -- or the parents don't care about any of that -- or the parents don't believe in hospitals...

Well, I feel like this metaphor's gone on just long enough.

Plus, they didn't perform the operation at the school. They sent her off to an abortion clinic. Please, critical think.

GBP: What the hell agenda are you talking about? Keeping people's lives livable?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solasis

How about they're their own developing persons who, to a certain extent, should have access to their free will and multiple influences?

Go preach that to your government..see if it expands your "free will"

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Wait a minute.......the only operation that girl can legally have without her parents consent is an abortion. And just how did that come to be? The school says they don't know anything about it, yet the clinic that set it up and aranged transportation, off of school grounds without a permission slip signed by the parents, is located at the school. This is the blame game pure and simple, what about the keep it quiet part and it won't cosst you any money? There is alot rong with this whole scenario....

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
From the comments section under the article...

I am the Grandmother of the ballard high school teen. I am proud of my honor student grand daughter who is the most wonderful child. She has a fantastic relationship with her mother and this has emotionally devistated her. To be instructed by the school and the clinic to keep all of what she went through silent, is unbelieveable to me. It should have been something she could get support with. Not something she felt she had to endure alone. We are a loving family unit, and we care for and support the children in this family. For this instatution to put fear into a child is in my eyes a crime. Her mother would have supported any decision she made. We Love this child unconditionally. She is a very honest and trustworthy girl, and for her, having to keep her mouth shut about it was more that she could take. I feel that even if they offer this to students, it should be something that they share with their familys, not told to keep quiet. Parents should have the right to know what drugs or surguries are being preformed on their children during school hours

ballard.komonews.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Not all pro-life families are as loving as that, though. That's why they're allowed to leave the parents out of the loop.

There is definitely a problem with her being instructed to keep it quiet, though...

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Solasis

JUst because the grandmother "CLAIMS" they are a loving family doesn't mean they are. No one comes out and says they suck as parents.

Instead of having to jump in defense of the family, she should of shown empathy to the grand daughter as to why she felt she had to face this alone. So the first thing is !) self defense
2) lack of empathy

So not as pearly as they make themselves out to be.

[edit on 25-3-2010 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
After reading Gramma's post, I have two things to comment on.

First from the OP article linked:

"When she signed a consent form, Jill figured it meant her 15 year old could go to the Ballard Teen Health Center located inside the high school for an earache, a sports physical, even birth control, but not for help terminating a pregnancy."

What a FOOL this mother is to SIGN CONSENT to a school.

Let me tell you one thing, ANY paper I signed for consent to my kids (grown now) was thoroughly vetted with phone calls (if I was confused or suspicious) to the school. Example. My kid came home with a paper from the school asking permission to take my kids dna for drug tests. I refused to sign, and sent a letter to the school telling them UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are they to violate my child, period.

Jill sounds like the typical ostrich parent, who trusts our schools with educating her child. BIG MISTAKE JILL.

So it is no ones fault but the MOTHERS this happened, she GAVE THE PERMISSION!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Now to comment on Gramma.

IF the clinic and school advocated the child's SILENCE, JILL needs to make as big of a stink as possible, on that issue.

To me that is frightening, and unacceptable.

I will be researching this story further today and will come back later and share with you if I decide to do the least of my duties as an informed citizen, and send this school district an email letting them know what Kentuckian thinks of their actions.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The last comment is in general.

In general dont trust the government to educate your child, be informed at all times as to WHAT YOU PUT YOUR SIGNATURE ON.

Thanks for sharing this story.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Oh, certainly, I'm not saying that the family is genuinely loving. I'm just assuming that this one is for the sake of discussion. When in a debate, it's most effective to concede as many of your opponent's points as you're able to... And then still smash their conclusion

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
So having the child leave school without her parents knowledge or permission, as well as having a medical procedure that could lead to death is no big deal? Seems funny to me that the school would open itself up to that kind of fiscal responsibility. Suppose she was killed in a traffic accident on the way, or died after the murder........who is responsible then?

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So having the child leave school without her parents knowledge or permission, as well as having a medical procedure that could lead to death is no big deal? Seems funny to me that the school would open itself up to that kind of fiscal responsibility. Suppose she was killed in a traffic accident on the way, or died after the murder........who is responsible then?

The mother clearly admits in the article she signed the consent form for her daughter to receive clinic services.

SHAME on the parent who does not INFORM themselves to what they signed. A phone call or two would have disclosed the abortion policy.

The mother GAVE her permission, in writing.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
if anyone accutly read the story this girl was 15 .
now the girl knows and guys to that there parents dont want them having sex nore getting preggers or getting a girl preggers so in order to avoid having to deal with parents the school decides to help this child consile it.
man i KNOW i spent alot of time trying to keep my parents out of the loop
my parents wernt what you would call good ones but even still if i did something stupid they would alest tryed to deal with it .
all i can say is when your kids seak behind your back and the gov helps them do it just maby youl feal differently
ps just because a kid does turn a certian age magic number say 18 does taht mean all bets are off they should be able to do any thing they want???
the rules no longer apply these kids these days sure feal the rules dont apply and we tought that to them congrads

top topics

<<   2 >>

join