It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks SOS?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Wikileaks SOS?

On Mar 21 Wikileaks announced it was in possession of sensitive material pertaining to a Pentagon murder-coverup. Within the last day they appear to have attracted the attention of investigative branches, their twitter account states they find themselves under close scrutiny including claims of being followed,detained,filmed.

Public consensus seems to indicate that it may have something to do with the video footage.

Twitter Page
Related News Links:
yro.slashdot.org
yro.slashdot.org

[edit on 24-3-2010 by pixanomaly]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
If this is not an attempt at discrediting Wikileaks (attempts of government agencies vs wikileaks having been aired recently) it may be advisable to pay head to the last few entries on their Twitter account, which have some extraordinary entries;

# We have airline records of the State Dep/CIA tails. Don't think you can get away with it. You cannot. This is WikiLeaks. about 13 hours ago via (link tracking not allowed) # We have been shown secret photos of our production meetings and been asked specific questions during detention related to the airstrike. about 13 hours ago via (link tracking not allowed) # If you know more about the operations against us, contact secure....__._/ about 13 hours ago via (link tracking not allowed) # We know our possession of the decrypted airstrike video is now being discussed at the highest levels of US command.

Just a heads up that's all, you may return to your regular scheduled programming ;-)

twitter.com

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

We know our possession of the decrypted airstrike video is now being discussed at the highest levels of US command.

This is very interesting. Let's see how this evolves.

Star & Flag.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
What is the point of announcing the release of material a couple of weeks in advance? Seems like they are creating unnecessary attention to themselves...

While I am sure there is something going on with Wikileaks, I am almost considering that this may be a red herring to distract from something already done...

The act of leaking a document is not a media/public relations event. Creating and communicating drama is a marketing ploy. Something doesn't quite seem to make sense here...

Or it is true...-Shrugs-

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
What is the point of announcing the release of material a couple of weeks in advance? Seems like they are creating unnecessary attention to themselves...

Presumably, Intelligence agencies discovered that Wikileaks possessed whatever it may be, making Wikileaks to safeguard themselves:

If anything happens to us, you know why: it is our Apr 5 film. And you know who is responsible.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The act of leaking a document is not a media/public relations event. Creating and communicating drama is a marketing ploy.

I fully agree. This looks more like a Project Camelot tactic if anything.

I admit to not knowing either way...but it does smell of spin and marketing.

[edit on 24-3-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

While I am sure there is something going on with Wikileaks, I am almost considering that this may be a red herring to distract from something already done...

The act of leaking a document is not a media/public relations event. Creating and communicating drama is a marketing ploy. Something doesn't quite seem to make sense here...

Or it is true...-Shrugs-

There was a plea prior to Feb 20th for a collective effort to crack encryption on a leaked video;
link

Finally cracked the encryption to US military video in which journalists, among others, are shot. Thanks to all who donated $/CPUs.

In this case I believe it may be prudent to draw attention to their cause, even if it does transpire to be a diversionary tactic.

*edit to insert (prior to)

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I can understand that but then why not just post it?

Perhaps they are safeguarding the material or the exact identity of the individual, meaning there is a need to "shake the tail"...but that doesn't necessarily ring true if they already have a date set for it..

Or perhaps the leak hasn't occurred yet and the date was set for then...

Still...I find when I have to make suppositions to explain inconsistencies then I best maintain skepticism...

I'll be keeping an eye on this...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by pixanomaly

Thanks, missed that...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

np,

I just regard them highly for their efforts at public disclosure.. I mean they did recently release the whole ACTA document, which friends at piratebay are making a point of letting everyone know about ;-)

look at the main piratebay page to se what i mean.

So in short I have a level of trust in their claims .. IF this isnt a hack to make them look stupid.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I totally agree that Wikileaks is a viable source...but they have attention on them for some time and I was probably overthinking...by the way, this should probably be Dugg...

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Wow, that sounds pretty serious.
But why a tease for release?

Hey remember this about Drone videos.

Insurgents Hack U.S. Drones WSJ

And now a CT with a tie in with Iran.

"U.S. military personnel in Iraq discovered the problem late last year when they apprehended a Shiite militant whose laptop contained files of intercepted drone video feeds. In July, the U.S. military found pirated drone video feeds on other militant laptops, leading some officials to conclude that militant groups trained and funded by Iran were regularly intercepting feeds."

Could be part of the push to invade Iran.
Just trying to connect dots in a very dynamic world.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Still...I find when I have to make suppositions to explain inconsistencies then I best maintain skepticism...

I'll be keeping an eye on this...

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

by the way, this should probably be Dugg...

Done.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It seems a little strange to announce to the world that you have evidence of something, knowing full-well that the very people who would do anything to stop you releasing it are going to find out you have it. If it was me, I'd release it as soon as humanly possible, and THEN announce it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Funnily,
Since I came to this thread, my computer's activity light is going full whack and I don't have any scheduled tasks going on...anybody?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That sucks indeed, hope they can get it out instead of another coverup by the govt.

If I ever had seriously crucial secret info to leak I would up it to several usenet servers and let it spread around.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Somebody should DIGG this, I don't have an account there.

Or better, somebody contact Alex Jones, get these guys on the air with him, so that they can publicly state that they will not commit suicide, because the CIA will do something really bad to them to get this whole thing covered up and hushed, or worse, they may create a false flag attack to distract everybody from this story.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Maybe they are creating a "buzz" online so people tell others about it who tell others, etc. so that when they announce the news it will go VIRAL, and the dumb people in charge can't do crap.

Imagine if they announced it today, would anyone honestly give a damn?

Nope.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Don't forget this other top thread!

IF this is true it would be very damaging to the people responsible. The cover up would be even more damaging. Imagine the implications!

If they wouldl do this, then maybe there are correlatnios with all the Dead Micro-biologists, and all the Wall Street suicides, and the Israeli spy made to look crazy when he tried to expose the H1N1.

If even one crazy theory like this one is proven true, then they all have to be looked at much more seriously! ATS becomes MSM at that point!

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
At any rate, we'll see what the sheep can do with a shotgun

a metaphorical shotgun......

Govt. entities please don't track my cell now, I know nothing lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join