It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cellphones and Brain Cells... hummm ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
if a cellphone can pop corn ... I wonder if it can make humans STUPID...

www.dailymotion.com...

pretty interesting experiment... thanks for sharing...

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here you go......

Also is there a site that's in english as i'd like to read a bit more about it but with the link you provided i cannot.

EDIT TO ADD: It's a hoax it seems....

Can you use cell phones to make popcorn? Sure -- if you believe the three vids below. But in my mind, there's no doubt it's all a hoax, a remarkably good one, too. For one thing, cell phones don't have the power to do it (read some decent arguments).

It's also not a magic trick (I've been in that business long enough to spot an illusion.) More likely, it's someone with tremendous video editing skills out to have some fun. (Remember the UFO hoax? Watch the video here.) The most striking thing that makes me think it's a put on is that each of the three videos have a similar stagey look and feel with three or four people sitting around a table.

The table's adorned with an assortment of props and the walls have the same off-white, creamy color. The camera's jerky style is the same. To add authenticity, each is in a different language and supposedly in a different country. BTW, Snopes calls it a hoax, but they don't offer an explanation. So what do you think? Real or hoax -- and why?

blogs.pcworld.com...

Also when i click a link from that website i get directed to a thread from ATS oddly enough.

Heres the thread......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Heres page 2 where i'm specifically getting directed to.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Rising Against]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Brain cells, I have one of those. I remember when the first cordless phones came out for the land lines.That was about it for the 80s. You never heard any of this brainstem burnning crap about those. I figure if the river is making noise. There must be something in it. To much has been said for to long. I used to tell people who would ask for my phone No. " At our house, we don't have a cordless phone. We have a phoneless cord ".

[edit on 23-3-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Anyways, guess it's a hoaxer. I mean, the OP video of course - this one's real for sure!

-v

[edit on 23-3-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I hope this is a hoax because i spent probably 3 out of the last 10 years on the phone, I am going to try it ill be back with the results

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The argument that there is not enough energy in the phones to cause corn to pop like that, does seem reasonable.

The videos are very well done if hoaxes, however I did not think it was CGI to me it looks more like sleight of hand.

I was figuring they put a hot plate or something under the table. But I just cannot say for sure.

There is a chance that it could be true, however slim it may be. Microwaves and Radio waves are essentially the same type of energy. Light.

Given enough power, anything can be fried. But do cell phones have that amount of juice? I honestly doubt it.

I'll remain skeptical although open minded.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
urbanlegends.about.com...

Do some research before posting topics

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Urban Legends, well, is the population getting STUPID, I would have to say YES ... I'm in computers, and when people ask me Stupid questions -- I sort of take notice.... and guess what guys... Stupid Questions are almost off the charts ... 2008, one now and then, 2010 - atleast 4 a day, on really stupid stuff... like what is Reboot, and press any key... where is the ANY key...? what is a Update..? do I need virus protection if I have a virus...?

it is just astounding to see this, and it gives me grave concerns as to the political stuff and the dumbing down stuff ... how and why are they doing this, it has to be a common denominator and one is CellPhones ... thats just one common denominators I have noticed. Fox, or 666TV is also highly suspecious...

Computer Guys (high level) are good at spotting minute details.
and I still remember passwords for 20 years of ex-employers...
and I work on problems I solved years ago in my sleep... am I special...?
I dont think so, I think the population at large is loosing their IQ's... also, I have not met a IQ test I couldnt ace.... does that make me a genuis...
no, if I were a genuis - why am I feeding ATS. so I guess I just a regular joe... trying to make a honest living... with not to much success in that department... so, avg ... I am. self diagnostic.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by J1ll1an

Thanks for the link.

Turns out that Cardo Systems CEO Abraham Glezerman came out and publicly revealed it was a viral marketing campaign to promote BlueTooth headsets lol.

I found this in a 2nd link found in the link supplied above. Here is that 2nd Link.
urbanlegends.about.com...

Also, on that link, click on the link " From CNN: Phone Popcorn Secrets Revealed " and check out that video that CNN did on it. Interesting stuff, funny I never heard about it until March 2010. Basically they did use CGI, I was fooled, they popped the corn off screen and tossed in it, while removing the kernels digitally.

Also, more interesting reading I had found on popcorn popping. Apparently there is a requirement for 135 pounds per square inch to break the hull of the kernel. (356 degrees F) en.wikipedia.org...

For sure a far higher energy output than what cell phones I've held were pumping into my head.

Kinda funny how clever their viral marketing is.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
the table has a red cloth over a hot air popcorn popper under the table.
if you noticed. other than that its a urban legend - but you should not discount this IQ reduction of the species at large. it could be too much TV. too many big mac's ... but something is dumbing the population down.

[edit on 23-3-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

There is only certain amount of intelligence available in the pools of wisdom. Since there are so many people around on these days, the reservois of wisdom are not suffiecient for everybody

-v

new topics

top topics

join