It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday clock or bar on site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Was reading a thread and read this

warpcrafter

There should be a single thread to compile all of this stuff, sort of our own version of the "Doomsday clock." We just need to get together and agree how many second before midnight to set it...

Was thinking it might not be a bad idea to have some sort of system or bar/clock were you could vote every day/week how far you might think we are away from a major event taking place

What you guys think?

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Here's a grid online - from a rapture website......

It's right now set at 170 which means "Fasten your seat belts "

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Between the revaltions preecher people, the david icke crowd and the alex jones fanbase. We would constanly have it 5min till doomsday. I do not think it would be anything besides something to laugh at.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Along a similar line, how about a countdown timer until December 21 2012? I believe the exact time is supposed to be 11:11 Universal Time, or 2218 (and about 13 seconds)... don't know which time zone that's for, though.

Don't quote me on the times, I really haven't a clue.

posted on Mar, 23 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well considering the Bulletin of the atomic sciences.

www.thebulletin.org

have only just revised their clock to 11-54 (6 minutes to midnight) the doom-mongers would not be far off. Although it should be noted that since the previous setting we have actually retreated 1 minute. previous and since 2007 we were at 5 Minutes!!! so things aren't that bad! personally I was expecting it to go to something like 11-58, which would be the closest since the cuban missle crisis. But nope I was wrong!!

Keep smiling everyone

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Between the revaltions preecher people, the david icke crowd and the alex jones fanbase. We would constanly have it 5min till doomsday. I do not think it would be anything besides something to laugh at.

Totally agree on this, but im sure after a month or two these ppl will calm down and start to put down a realistic value

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I like the idea of the countdown clock. We could just have days or days and hours. As for the difference in time zones, how would that work? Australia is 15.75 hours ahead of the USA so does that mean we would know what is happening before the US?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Australian

I would think that it does... most people, no matter what country they are from, always seem to know more about what is going on elsewhere than those who live in the country that the stuff is going on.

And about the time zone, I would agree with you... unless, of course, Australia decides to up and move again. Then you're on your own (this, of course, would mean that you remember such an event... if not, no harm no foul).

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Australian
I like the idea of the countdown clock. We could just have days or days and hours. As for the difference in time zones, how would that work? Australia is 15.75 hours ahead of the USA so does that mean we would know what is happening before the US?

Time is just an illusion. What do you make of the word "TIME"?

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bluedrake

Maybe the alex jones and david icke people might but the revalations crowd has had over 1500 years to calm down about it.

posted on Mar, 24 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

Yes but you should know by now that then revelations afficionados, just keep switching the date. it's part of the 500 year business plan of the church for a corporate turn around and makeover!

Time to elect a new CEO. 10/1 says the pontif snuffs it mid 2012!! and send panic out throughout the christian world! in the mean time the jews and muslims are going ...?????? WTF!

Anyway point is is gone from 666, to 667, to 750 to 1000, to 1666, to 1800's sometime to 1991, to 2000, now 2012.

And now I see there is a film coming out called 2033 What all that about. has the shime gone off 2012 already!!????? \

I'm confused.

but short. yes, ATC tech geeks. get working on an ATS minutes to midnight poll app for the site!!

toodles!

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant

TIME = MONEY

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluedrake

Originally posted by DClairvoyant

TIME = MONEY

I had to laugh there
Money will not matter to the masses that survive the aftermath. Hint hint*

[edit on 25-3-2010 by DClairvoyant]

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I always had been on the lookout to see what time the doomsday clock is at. I figure it had been a little slow, on the updates. But getting daily updates of what's happening now will be most ideal.

new topics

top topics

join