It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You must be High on the desert, to think your on the moon.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

I don't understand this obsession with the AstroDome?

The stadium was in constantuse, all throughout the 1960s (well, it opened in 1965) and 1970s, so HOW could it have been "used" to "fake" Apollo?

Not very likely.

However, instead of tearing it down, (after a new venue was constructed in Houston) there are NOW plans to turn it into a film studio...

www.offthekuff.com...

You can also read a little history on the Houston AstroDome ( "eighth wonder of the world"
)
here.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I have heard good reviews of "Rocket Man", though haven't had a chance to prose the book myself....

yet.

posted on Apr, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You must have missed these weedy.

reply to post by Exuberant1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Exuby, how are you?

What do you think?

Add this to Houston Control and free houses for Astronauts and let's not forget our old buddy LBJ.

By rights all this crap should have been build on Cape Cod.

Check the date. Let's find out the politics behind it. Shall we?

Reliant Astrodome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reliant Astrodome, also known as the Houston Astrodome or simply the Astrodome, is the world's first domed sports stadium, located in Houston, Texas, USA. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliant_Astrodome - Similar

Ooops the plot thickens--who da thunk?

Astrodome: Introduction
1982), who in the early 1960s paid $5 million for 495 acres of swampland 6 ... can see [the Astrodome, then under construction] and go back to Kalamazoo, ...

www.columbia.edu/cu/gsapp/BT/DOMES/HOUSTON/intro.html - Similar

The Astrodome was masterminded by a colorful Houstonian named Judge Roy Hofheinz (d. 1982), who in the early 1960s paid $5 million for 495 acres of swampland 6 miles south of downtown Houston, spent $1.2 million to drain it, and then sold 180 acres to Harris County for $5 million, retaining the remaining 315 acres to develop into the privately-owned complex that today contains a hotel, a convention hall complex, and the Astroworld Amusement park. Using his political influence (he had been a county judge, mayor of Houston, state legislator, and Lyndon B. Johnson's campaign manager), Hofheinz induced the Texas highway department to accelerate plans to build Loop 610, which today borders the site. Meanwhile, he bought a controlling portion of shares in the Houston Colt .45s, an undistinguished baseball team which had been franchised in 1962. He changed the team's name to the Houston Astros to honor the recent arrival of NASA's huge manned spacecraft center, which would put a man on the moon in 1969.

Reliant Astrodome, also known as the Houston Astrodome or simply the Astrodome, is the world's first domed sports stadium, located in Houston, Texas, USA. The stadium is part of the Reliant Park complex. It opened in 1965 as Harris County Domed Stadium and was nicknamed the "Eighth Wonder of the World".[2]

Of particular note here weedy ----The guy who invents and builds the Dome is LBJ's campaign MANAGER!!!
And when Apollo is done he splits from the ownership. GET IT?? Total control for the moon flicks.
Film the mountains anywhere you want then set them in the background. Just like it looks in the originals.
All the Astronauts lived in Houston and Johnson Space center was also there.
If it can be used as a film studio now why not then?? I think they filmed the missions there.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Total control for the moon flicks.

Film the mountains anywhere you want then set them in the background. Just like it looks in the originals.

All the Astronauts lived in Houston and Johnson Space center was also there.

Ah, there's some solid "proof" for ya!
The Astronauts also flew all over the country, inspecting the factories building the hardware, and training in various other places...all over the World, actually.

I think they filmed the missions there.

You "think" ??

Like, when? --- in between all the Home games in the stadium?

AND, no one noticed?

Oh, this is rich....sorry, but it is.

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

What your sugesting is that here on this map

maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us&q=houston+map&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=Houston,+TX&gl=us&ei=dfC4S4bHM8GblgeXkP2XCg&sa=X&oi=geoc ode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CA0Q8gEwAA

They filmed the Landings of Apollo at the ASTRODOME???

uhhhhhhh......

[edit on 4-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Whats happened letthereaderunderstand

No answer to this
and the BS statements YOU made

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by letthereaderunderstand

I would hate to find out the big payoff of all this was Velcro.

After I saw that statement it is proof that you have no concept of the ENGINEERING that came Apollo! If you think all that came from Apollo is velcro, while you use 2.4ghz transmitters and cell phones and modern commmunication developed For the MSFN...let me spell that out for you

MANNED SPACE FLIGHT NETWORK,

Your the one who is high, so high against something you use daily, and still call it a fraud!

Weedwackers signature is right, no one understands science or technology anymore, they believe, fantasy!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
In your Nevada 'Moonscape' there is one clear piece of evidence which immediately makes it glaringly obvious to me any any other attentive person viewing these images that these pics were taken on earth. The dune/mountain clearly shows peaks and ridged created by the wind. The same cannot be said for those images take on the moon with rounded mountain tops

Just to make things 100% clear, I didn't fall for your 'fake moon' for a second, I merely noted that you had 'shopped out the stars and whacked some desaturation onto an image of a well-eroded sand dune.

And thing about it, would Neil Armstrong really pretend to be on the Moon by stepping out into the Nevada desert and saying "Wow, this looks like like the Nevada desert! Hush-hush, wink-winks..."

Now, off with that Hat...

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I'm not a scientist or a very intelligent fellow. I cannot speculate on the 'flag' business or why there is no 'crater' on landing or lift off, nor stars in the sky, but I'll give my 2 cents.......

How many shuttles and astronaunts the USA lose just going a short distance into space and back again?

Are YOU telling ME, lol, with the technology of that period, on the first try AND with no real guarantees what the moon was gonna be like, that people shot to the moon, landed, had a space suit to enable them to successfully walk around, pick up a few things, take some pictures, cameras work on the moon? Even brought a dune buggy that ran with technology to RUN on the moon and had some fun, then jumped back in their ship, blasted off into space and returned safely to earth?

If it happened, then with todays technology there should be a McDonalds and Holiday Inn there with flights leaving daily from all major airports.

Anyway, forget about it......lol

jra

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganbuzz
Are YOU telling ME, lol, with the technology of that period, on the first try AND with no real guarantees what the moon was gonna be like...

They had an idea of what it would be like. There were five unmanned Surveyor landers that landed on the Moon prior to Apollo 11.

More info here

If it happened, then with todays technology there should be a McDonalds and Holiday Inn there with flights leaving daily from all major airports

Why should there be?

posted on May, 17 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganbuzz
How many shuttles and astronaunts the USA lose just going a short distance into space and back again?

14 in well over a hundred flights. A similar but lower death rate to Apollo, incidentally.

Are YOU telling ME, lol, with the technology of that period, on the first try

No, not nearly. We orbited the moon on two separate missions with men before we landed on it, as JRA pointed out we landed on it with unmanned probes several times before men touched down, and we fully tested both spacecraft in earth and in lunar orbit before they were used for any landing mission. We were as prepared as we could be, and there's nothing about the feat that would have been impossible for technology of that time. Much of the technology and techniques learned in Apollo were directly applied in the space shuttle program, so much like with the "no stars" nonsense, if one is a fake, both programs are fakes.

[edit on 17-5-2010 by ngchunter]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join