It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Donald Keyhoe's UFO Archives.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Major Keyhoe forced to retire from NICAP by former CIA covert agent:

By 1969, Keyhoe turned his focus away from the military and focused on the CIA as the source of the UFO cover up. By December 1969, NICAP's board, headed by Colonel Joseph Bryan III, forced Keyhoe to retire as NICAP chief. Bryan was actually a former covert CIA agent who had served as founder and head of the CIA's psychological warfare division. Under Bryan's leadership, NICAP disbanded its local and state affiliate groups.

Link

How the Real NICAP began

1987 interview with new NICAP site coordinator Francis Ridge:

Link

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Keyhoe's book is available to download for free.

THE FLYING SAUCERS ARE REAL

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl fantastic thread Mate

and thanks Kandinsky for the link to the web book.

great reading

Ocker

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

Hey Ocker, no probs matey - the book linked by Kandinsky is a mighty mighty fine one.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Keyhoe's book is available to download for free.

THE FLYING SAUCERS ARE REAL

Kandinsky, great post matey and a very interesting read.

I know you've probably read most of them before but there are some other free UFO E-books on this thread.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Cheers Karl, I've just gone and done a smash and grab raid for a half dozen pdfs in the thread. I'm gonna turn into a UFO at this rate! When is enough enough?! Why do we keep reading all this stuff?

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hi OP and all,
Well Karl, you certainly are the best's best of researchers. Quite the CBS Doc of admission re Kehoe's cut-off-the Air that night, Sir.

Respectfully,

Decoy

posted on Nov, 24 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
Why do we keep reading all this stuff?

Thanks for the replies and that's a very good question - probably because there still remains lots of unanswered questions about the UFO subject and many of the 'official' government UFO explanations are completely spurious, contrived or just plain ridiculous (link).

Talking of unanswered questions - I´d still be interested to hear Jim´s opinion on this:

reply to post by JimOberg

Found these interesting statements in the Keyhoe archives concerning the Washington radar visual sightings of 1952 and was wondering what your opinions were on the official explanation of it all being down to 'temperature inversions'.

"There is no other conclusion I can reach but that for six hours on the morning of the 20th of July, 1952 there were at least ten unidentifiable objects moving above Washington....I can safely deduce that they performed gyrations which no known aircraft could perform. By this I mean that our scope showed that they could make right angle turrns and complete reversals of flight".
Senior Air Route Traffic Controller Harry Barnes.

"I saw several bright lights. I was at my maximum speed, but even the I had no closing speed...Later I chased a single bright light which I estimated about ten miles away. I lost visual contact with it at about two miles".
Lt William Patterson, F-94 Pilot who chased UFOs over Washington DC, 1952.

The 1952 UFO Sighting Wave, Part 1 (pdf)

Part 2

Part 3

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The Flying Saucer Mystery - featuring Donald Keyhoe and Frank Scully:

posted on Dec, 6 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I kep reading this stuff, especially the old stuff, because they are a wonderful foundation of knowledge for the ufologist. Thanks for the thread, Major Keyhoe is one of the best.

posted on Dec, 20 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I kep reading this stuff, especially the old stuff, because they are a wonderful foundation of knowledge for the ufologist. Thanks for the thread, Major Keyhoe is one of the best.

Hey Hotbakedtater, thanks for the reply an you're not wrong about the old stuff being very interesting - I don't know if you've read it before but this book by NICAP public relations officer Leonard Stringfield also contains some good info.

Inside Saucer Post 3-0 Blue by Leonard Stringfield 1957

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2143f3a71476.jpg[/atsimg]

Leonard Stringfield was born in 1920. He was director of CRIFO (Civilian Research, Interplanetary Flying Objects) - one of the world's largest research groups during the mid-5Os and publisher of its newsletter, ORBIT (1953-1957). He also worked in cooperation with the United States Air Force (1953-1957), investigating and reporting UFO activity, having been assigned a special code number to report by phone to the Air Defense Command in Columbus, Ohio. For over 30 years Stringfield served in several of the major UFO Organizations in a public relations capacity. From 1957 to 1970, he was public relations adviser with the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena. Later on it was director of public relations and board member of the Mutual UFO Network. He was also regional investigator for the Center for UFO Studies directed by Dr. J. Allen Hynek.
Stringfield was also advisor to Sir Eric Gairy, former Prime Minister of Grenada, 1977-78, during his efforts to establish a UFO research agency within the framework of the United Nations. He passed away in 1994.

link]

Cheers.

posted on Jan, 15 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Free E-book authored by Major Keyoe issued on the 13th anniversary of the NICAP web site:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d3d5861f27ef.jpg[/atsimg]

Three years ago, in a book entitled The Flying Saucers Are Real, I reported the results of my first investigation into this world-wide mystery. At that time I stated my belief that the U.S. Air Force knew the answer and was hiding it from the public.

Since July, 1952, in a new investigation of the saucers, I have been privileged to cooperate with the Air Force. Because of my present understanding of their very serious problem, and certain dangers inherent in the situation, I have been given information unknown to most Americans.

Scores of impressive sighting reports by service pilots have been cleared for me, with the conclusions of Air Technical Intelligence—some so incredible they would have been ridiculed two or three years ago.

As a result of this close association, this book reveals, I believe, all that the Air Force has learned about the flying saucers. It also explains the contradictions that have come, from time to time, from various Defense officials, as well as the reasons for official silence.

link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Captain Ruppelt talks to Major Keyhoe about CIA debunking tactics:

Shortly thereafter every effort of the government went into debunking UFOs even if it would mean embarrassing its own people. It soon became known the best way to destroy your military career was to report a UFO.
Captain Edward J. Ruppelt, Chief of the Aerial Phenomena Branch at the Air Technical Intelligence Center, said that the CIA ordered the Air Force to debunk sightings and debunk witnesses. "We're ordered to hide sightings when possible," he told Major Keyhole, but if a strong report does get out we have to publish a fast explanation--make up something to kill the report in a hurry, and also ridicule the witness, especially if we can't figure out a plausible answer. even have to discredit our own pilots."

National Policy Of Debunking UFOs Began With The Robertson Panel

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
APRO bulletins and MUFON journals now released:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
More info (and a great pdf article) about Major Keyhoe's interview and subsequent censorship on the television programme ' Armstrong Circle':

On 22 January 1958, the popular CBS television show Armstrong Circle Theatre presented an entire programme dedicated to the subject of unidentified flying objects entitled: “UFO: Enigma of the Skies.” Among the high-profile experts invited to speak on the show, retired US Navy Major Donald Keyhoe – director of the National Investigations Committee on Aerial Phenomena (NICAP) – was notable for his outspoken views on government secrecy surrounding the UFO phenomenon. Arguing against UFO reality on the programme were astronomer and vehement UFO sceptic Donald Menzel and Air Force representative Col. Spencer Whedon of the Air Technical Intelligence Center (ATIC). Their task should have been an easy one as the show’s content had been scripted in advance by CBS in conjunction with the US Air Force, and all guests – especially Keyhoe – had been instructed to read their preapproved material from a teleprompter.

When it came time for Keyhoe to speak, in frustration he veered from his script and stated to the nation: “And now I’m going to reveal something that has never been disclosed before...”1 The rest of his announcement went unheard by television viewers: unbeknownst to Keyhoe, his microphone had been cut by the station..

A History of Government Management of UFO Perceptions through Film and Television - pdf file

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Some interesting reading concerning Major Donald Keyhoe, Admiral Delmar Fahrney and the Naval UFO connection

UFOs & The Enigma of the United States Navy

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"The UFO Smokescreen" - analysis of the Mike Wallace-Major Donald Keyhoe UFO Interview:

Semantic Analysis of 1950's Network TV Cover-ups Of "Flying Saucers - Serious Business"

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Richard Dolan discusses the APRO v. NICAP v. MUFON feud:

Video Link

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join