It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: Healthcare Vote Yes or No

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
POLL: Healthcare Vote Yes or No

I would like to get an idea, since I have little trust for mainstream media polls, that do you all want this new healthcare reform to pass, or are you against this healthcare bill. This healthcare poll is very simple, you only need to vote [color=gold] YES or [color=gold] NO. I will keep track of the vote count and continue to post the results.

I have spent hours listen to both sides of the Healthcare bill debate on C-SPAN and I have heard some good arguments by the Democrats and Republicans parties.

I have heard everything from:
Governments take over.
That we will lose more freedoms to choose our doctors.
That passing this healthcare will bankrupt this economy.
That passing this Healthcare will create more job lost.
That passing this Healthcare will not allow small business to have affordable health insurance, for their employees.
That passing this Healthcare will add to our National deficit.
That passing this Healthcare will add more taxation to the already over tax population.
That passing this Healthcare will cause me to lose the good insurance that I already have.

Now some good things about this healthcare bill are:

[color=gold]What the New Health Care Legislation Will Mean to Consumers’ Wallets

Six months after the legislation is enacted, many plans would be prohibited from placing lifetime limits on medical coverage, and they could not retroactively cancel policies on people who fall ill. Children with pre-existing conditions could not be denied coverage.
And dependent children up to age 26 would be eligible for coverage under their parents’ plans — instead of the current state-by-state rules that often cut off coverage for children at 18 or 19.
And within three months of the law’s taking effect, people who have been locked out of the insurance market because of a pre-existing condition would be eligible for subsidized coverage through a new high-risk insurance program.

www.nytimes.com...

All insurances companies will be force to cover “pre-existing condition.”
Insurances companies will no longer be able to drop your coverage once they find out your sick.
Women will no longer be discriminated against by the healthcare system.
Insurance will be affordable for everyone.
Passing this bill will not bankrupt this country.
Poor people will be able to have health insurance.
Health insurances will not be for the privilege and wealthy but for all.
Children can stay on their parents existing policy to the age of 26.
Allowing the poor to having health insurances will catch more illness earlier on. Meaning it will be cheaper to catch dieses early on and cheaper to treat these dieses than catching it to late, this will save billion of dollars in the Healthcare industries in long-term care and treatments.

Here is my view on this bill. The healthcare system we have now is not working and I think we all can agree on this. The healthcare system is all about profits and sacrificing necessary services needed by millions of Americans to make those profits. Our current healthcare system puts money before people. The insurance companies’ are in business to make money off you, as long as you do not get sick.

[color=gold]How Do Insurance Companies Make Money?

www.thetruthaboutinsurance.com...

I watched in horror a dear friend go through living hell with doctors trying to get treatment for his pre-existing condition. I watched this wonderful human being suffer at the hands of the greedy corporate insurances companies all denying him any health care coverage. I watched this wonderful man become so ill, because he could not get any proper medical treatments. I watched him lose his own business, because he became too ill to work. If he only had the proper medical treatment, he would be doing much better today. Instead he ended up completely disable because of the lack of care from the healthcare system. The health care system we currently have ignored his medical needs, I watched him pay out of pocket expenses that were in the thousands of dollars until they stripped him of everything he owned. Now he has nothing, however because he is on disability he now can be seen by any doctor that accepts Medicaid and Medicare, and now he is grateful for that. I watched this man lose everything, because insurance companies and healthcare are too greedy.

I agree it is good to make profits in running any business however, when the greed gets out of control and big business put profits before peoples healthcare basic needs and there is no accountability, then what do you have?

[edit on 21-3-2010 by impressme]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I agree with your summation, and hope your friend is recovering.

I vote YES

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I vote a resounding NO.

Is there a need for a second line on a poll related thread?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
NO

But with that being said, I respect the decision.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I vote NO.

For no reason should we be FORCED to purchase ANYTHING or be penalized with fines and/or jail time. I cannot for the life of me figure out how this aspect can be so easily overlooked by supporters.

If this bill simply gave everyone the OPTION for affordable health care, I would be all for it in a second. It's the fact we are being forced "or else.." and that completely dumbfounds and amazes me to think this actually passed and people are openly supporting it.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes

I
I did
I did this
I did this to
I did this to waste
I did this to waste space

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
NO!!! HEALTH CARE IS NOT A RIGHT!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I say No because it's one of the first steps for an Orwellian Society.

Next is immigration bill to make illegals all legal. (North American Union to merge Canada, U.S., and Mexico into one country, and it will come about when the bill is announced in the senate shortly)

Next is Bio Metric ID cards with GPS implants to track all your moves.

It's a multiple step process folks, and it will NOT end with the healthcare.

This is only the beginning...

PS. Hopefully the people that voted Yes can honestly look at themselves in the mirror a year from now, and think was it a wise decision? (Of course during that time we would have to be worrying about the Micro Chip bill to "secure" the public from some boogeyman 3,000 miles away)

[edit on 21-3-2010 by Emerald The Paradigm]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

the reason is there needs to be a large pool of young healthy people to pay for the old sick people. That simple. It sucks when you are young cause you get very little out of it. It sucks if you get killed suddenly and definitively. Good if you get in a car wreck and are severly injured and live for a long time. Good if you live to old age and need med's to keep the ticker tickin'

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I vote NO!

The good thing is maybe Obama can now start concentrating on the 3 letter word, J. O. B. S.

Oh darn, I forgot about March Madness.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmaddness
Yes

I
I did
I did this
I did this to
I did this to waste
I did this to waste space

Well
Well get
Well get ready
Well get ready to
Well get ready to waste
Well get ready to waste your
Well get ready to waste your money
Well get ready to waste your money too!

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

NO

Ultimately I don't think it matters because it will be determined that it is unconstitutional in the way it is currently written. The government can not force you to buy something. They can tax you for things you don't want, which they do every day, but it is unconstitutional for them to force you to buy something.

link   
I will vote no. Too bad there isn't a poll feature here.

link   
I vote Yes.

I don't like this bill overall, but in the end if it even covers just 20 million more Americans it is worth it. We are a people that need to stand united for each other, we are Americans damn it. I don't care what race, religion or philosophy you are; we are Americans who need to unite together. Not for or against the bill, but for or against Americans.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No.

If someone was unable to afford health insurance before this bill, I don't understand how forcing them to buy it will suddenly make them able.

I predict more uninsured, as people cancel their insurance and pay the cheaper fine, only buying health insurance when they get sick, since pre-conditions will no longer be applicable to deny coverage.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I vote no. This actually puts more money in those greedy insurers pockets. It also seems to be a way to get the ball rolling on universal healthcare because we will all be forced to buy in and still premiums are gonna go up. All they needed to do is open up state lines, but if they did that then some poor bureaucrat might lose his job. We wouldn't want that. On the other hand this bill is supposed to reduce the deficit by 138 billion in ten years. If you're naive enough to trust government numbers then you can sleep good tonight.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
My answer is no,
for this specific bill, which isn't even finished yet, and hasn't been read by the members of congress, let alone Obama,

A bill of this magnitude rammed through, why?

Couldn't they have taken their time?

That wont go into effect until 2019?

the reforms are expected to cost $938 billion during the next decade. It is going to be paid for by cuts in Medicare, new taxes on investment income and fees on various industry participants--which certainly will be passed along to the general public. But while government subsidies for people who cannot afford insurance and insurance exchanges to help people get insurance won't be operational before 2014, the increased costs will begin next year.

It is going to be paid for by cuts in Medicare?

Drug companies like Merck ( MRK - news - people ), Pfizer ( PFE - news - people ) and Amgen ( AMGN - news - people ) are among the biggest industry winners in the legislation.

www.forbes.com...

you can read the rest.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Resounding no for me!

(Says something actually worth saying but no body listens)

!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I vote NO.

More control over our lives is not needed.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

no

... i have my reasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join