It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so health care has passed why should you care?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
A lot of people Truly don't know what this marks. people dont know how this will affect them. I am going to explain to you HOW this will effect you.

In the bill you are REQUIRED to get a health care plan.(we all know that) what people do not know is the possible ramifications to not getting insurance. One is a becoming a FELON. yes you wont catch a slap on the wrist you will be facing hard time if you don't get insurance. Ya you are gonna be locked up with rapist and KILLERS if you do not get health care.

Also They claim that the provisions that provide for abortion. they have NOT. they changed the wording and are playing layer games. If you support this bill you support the killing of babies. sorry plane and simple. even if u do not support baby killing er a i mean abortions you are going to be paying for it weather you like it or not.

Killing the elderly? Death boards? YES. they again changed the wording to try to make it sound nice. like "you are going to die in 2 weeks" VS "You will be deprived of life shortly" same thing one is just sugar coated. liver. If your granny really needs that triple Bi-pass or if she has lived a good enough life

here are some more facts for you to know

* All private healthcare plans must participate in the Healthcare Exchange (i.e., total government control of private plans)
*: Government mandates linguistic infrastructure for services; translation: illegal aliens
* The Government will pay ACORN and Americorps to sign up individuals for Government-run Health Care plan.
* Those eligible for Medicaid will be automatically enrolled: you have no choice in the matter.
* No company can sue the government for price-fixing. No "judicial review" is permitted against the government monopoly. Put simply, private insurers will be crushed.
* The AMA sold doctors out: the government will set wages.
* An employer MUST auto-enroll employees into the government-run public plan. No alternatives.

Employers MUST pay healthcare bills for part-time employees AND their families.
(cont..)

Who's paying for all this any who? YOU ARE. the Gov't will take it out of your check every time. Think cash it tight already? get ready for it to get tighter.

here is a link to the bill. Just scroll down a little. Hit CTRL F(control F) and then type in a key word to find that word(s)(IE taxation, abortion and so forth)

www.opencongress.org...

Only 22%% of the population even support this bill look here on congresses own website
www.opencongress.org...

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I supposeI will have to review this behemoth again so I understand what it says before it gets passed into law. *sigh*

Everything you posted sounds exactly like the rhetoric and exaggerations that I saw spouted about the last (albeit terrible) version of health care (the 1000 page nightmare). None of them were accurate then either.

Ok, Off to read the bill, I guess.

Update:

OMG! Fuming at the world right now. *grumble*

I just spent an HOUR trying to figure out what the hell those numbskulls actually passed! Nowhere in the news was it actually reported! I finally found a link to the roll call vote results which led me to the actual bill title, which is H.R. 3590.

Here is what made it so challenging:

Text from congressional log:

The bill is the Senate vehicle for health care reform legislation. Its official title as it was introduced in the House was "To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the first-time homebuyers credit in the case of members of the Armed Forces and certain other Federal employees, and for other purposes." Upon passage of H.R.3590 by the Senate, the official title was amended to read "An act entitled The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act." The House cosponsors listed on the bill reflect cosponsorship of the original version as introduced in the House.
(emphasis mine)

So they took a homebuyers credit bill and repurposed it to be a health care bill as stated in the bill's text:

Resolved, That the bill from the House of Representatives
(H.R. 3590) entitled ‘‘An Act to amend the Internal
Revenue Code of 1986 to modify the first-time homebuyers
credit in the case of members of the Armed Forces and certain
other Federal employees, and for other purposes.’’, do
pass with the following
AMENDMENTS:
Strike all after the enacting clause and insert the
following:
1 SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE; TABLE OF CONTENTS.
2 (a) SHORT TITLE.—This Act may be cited as the ‘‘Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act’’.

In other words, strike the entire bill and replace it with a new bill.

Why the hell would they be doing this? Were they hiding it or something?

*grumble* *grumble*

Oh well, guess it's time to read it.

[edit on 3-22-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
What bothers me the most is, how this is going to put an ever bigger burden on the backs of our future generations. I don`t care about myself, I worry about my kids, grandkids and great grandkids. Many say, oh, don`t worry, this doesn`t start for another four years. Oh really? So then, we better hope that this government gets the lead out of their backsides and gets everyone back to work and gets this economy back on track before that four years is up. The way they spend the tax dollars they don`t have, I wouldn`t hold my breath that they do any of the above. They try and prop up a money system that does not work, all the while they pray for a miracle that it will work. Tell that to our future generations when it`s their turn to strap on the tax saddle the government is creating for them right now. When did creating more unpayable national debt ever work to stimulate an economy and pay for national health care? Many of you who think this health care package is so great, please answer that question.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
free health care works. many country have it

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, I have started reading this.. page 75 of 2500 (
). So far, no zingers, really, although they do indeed start spending money immediately. There is a lot of administrative stuff that they fund right off the bat.

So far, its not bad, but again, I am less than 1% through it so far.

[edit on 3-22-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by HDD09

Yes, free healthcare works so well in other countries that their upper-class and politicians/royalty go to John Hopkins or other facilitites in US for THEIR treatment. Most recently, a Canadian Minister had heart suregery in Florida.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by HDD09

Sure it does, if your national debt is low or paid off. Ours isn`t, it`s already unpayable, yet many believe this is ok. I just can`t figure out how it IS ok.

[edit on 22-3-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
if you get a hart attack. you dont have to pay 100k $ its free.
get cancer its free, hit by a car free. got shot free. get AIDS free,
free free free free free free. why should onely the ritch get help. and the poor left dead.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

my country has no debt and never had. we are in pluss. by 333 billion dollar

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Right now if "you have a h(e)art attack. you dont have to pay 100k $ its free. get cancer its free, hit by a car free. got shot free. get AIDS free" it is already free. It's called the Emergency Room and they can't turn anyone away.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
so then it is free??? or whats with this obama care if you have a free option?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Its' not "free" per say. The cost of the "free" care is incorporated in to the bills of the people who do pay, driving up costs.

Curious, but what country do you hail from?

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by HDD09

But, it`s not free. The cost of this, will be added to the national debt in the end, and there is not enough tax money to cover it all. This will only last, as long as this country doesn`t go bankrupt. And after adding this to the current national debt, don`t expect this country to last very long before going bankrupt.

Do you think that the doctors don`t get paid for this, that they do it for free because they really want to? No, they will get paid by a government that can`t pay back what debt we already have.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
then loos the debt. earn more money. pay higher tax.
dont go to war with everyone all the time.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
"Then loos the debt. earn more money. pay higher tax.
dont go to war with everyone all the time. "

Many of us would love to stop foreign aid, military aid, correct the trade deficit, and restore the value of the dollar. Unfortunatly, many countries around the world view the US as a bank, flush and rich with money. Any move to curb any of these would be seen by the world as the US "not caring" about the down trodden.

The fact is that while many citizens are rich, the US is broke and horibly in debt. Yet, the rest of the world wants the US to come to their aid, no matter the cost to US taxpayers, anytime they are in trouble.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
then to bad for you, i will liv good and healthy here in Norway. with our free health care.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HDD09
then loos the debt. earn more money. pay higher tax.
dont go to war with everyone all the time.

For people to get rid of their debt, they need to stop buying what they can`t afford, and to pay off what they now owe on. For them to earn more money, that means getting a higher education, but many can not afford that because of being strapped by what debt they now have. And to pay higher taxes? The tax money that is being taken in at this time, only pays the interest on the national debt, that is all. And even if we were to pay higher taxes, that still would not pay the national debt. Our country borrows every dollar it spends for all of these bills that Congress passes.

As for our going to war all the time........please, tell that to our government.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

Additionally to that point, people buying everything they don't need on credit drives the price of those products up. How? Because the easy credit system creates false demand (if people had to pay cash instead of credit, they would not/could not make the purchase). These people that buy junk they don't need on credit are also the same people that say that can't afford (insert anything here: Health Care, School, Food, etc.) If they just didn't buy an HD TV or new Smartphone, they might be able to afford things they claim they can't.

This also makes everything more expensive for people who do live within their means, in turn making it more difficult to live within their means.

No one seems to know how to budget their money anymore.

You live in the fiefdom of Goldman-Sachs

[edit on 22-3-2010 by indianajoe77]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by HDD09

If you really want to find out if your health care is free, the next time you talk to a doctor, ask them if they are getting paid for their work. I can tell you right now, they are getting paid, and it comes from the tax dollars you pay to your government. So, it isn`t really free as long as you have to pay taxes. You believe it to be free, because you don`t pay for it out of your pocket, or don`t get a bill for it. You may not get the bill for it, but your government does, and they pay it from your tax money you pay into your system.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by indianajoe77

Yes, and that is a very good point to add to what I was trying to say. It was the infusion of credit into this money system, that created this mess we are now in. People rely on credit to survive, when they have spent their very last dollar bill they have earned that week to pay for the credit they got last year. So it all steam rolls in the end.

A star for you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join