It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not Cash money healthcare?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You know what, I just had an idea for a business. A cash pool insurance company.

Ya this what I have been thinking of this a while myself, provided ALL transactions could be settled quickly like a debit account. With some amount as reserve, all that would be required is keeping the funds at the applicable level. IDK, I figure there has got to be a way to cut out the middle men and NOT have the money invested eaten up by huge overhead.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
It could work and this is Ron Paul's idea of reform. We have health insurance only for disasters much like car insurance, deregulate the entire medical industry which will lower costs dramatically, then make doctors fight for patients to visit their offices. Create health care savings accounts where the government takes tax breaks and invests them into those medical savings accounts which virtually fixes the healthcare crisis. And allow chairty and church hospitals back which would cover the poor along with the medical savings accounts.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Hell, I could set up a program to do most of that, no need for any workers at all. This is with the limited programming languages that I know.

Simple business plan, simple logistics, simple contracts. Kind of like the healthcare savings accounts like they have now except as a pool instead of individual.

See, I am not such an evil capitalist. [evil capitalist laugh]

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by endisnighe

Hell, I could set up a program to do most of that, no need for any workers at all. This is with the limited programming languages that I know.

Simple business plan, simple logistics, simple contracts. Kind of like the healthcare savings accounts like they have now except as a pool instead of individual.

See, I am not such an evil capitalist. [evil capitalist laugh]

The only thing that would take work is figuring out the payment/claim structure-

How much do WE reemburse the providers, for every little proceedure, just investigate
all the codes involved?

Thats the bitch of it all, otherwise doctors could charge the pool cash prices which believe it or not is sometimes more than what they get back on the insurance claims.

This is where all the devil and the cost reside-

How would you handle it?

BTW you are an extremely evil, borderline satanic capitalist
but you are good peoples regardless, plus; at least you do not have to push Castro's Prostate around on a cart

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Oh no, hell with the procedure. I would set it up by what the doctor's specialty was. If you are a transmission guy, so much. If you are an alignment guy, so much. This is where you set it up like a cash transaction. Just like the government tries to do, except of course the government tries to pay months later. This would be payable right when the customer goes in.

Set up with the doctors or hospitals themselves. If they do not want to participate. Fine. I could see a basic system set up within several weeks. Forms, frell the forms. Cash speaks and people listen.

Oh, by the way, made a bunch of gifs today on my spare time. This one I pull out when people make me angry.

You do not want to see me when I am angry.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3f8f20f17939.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Ya I like that...

I wonder if it would be sustainable and if serious illness would screw it up,
but I guess the insurance companies do it...

BTW I see you snapped a short of my ex's naughty parts,,,

she's lost some weight

BTW I likie the new avatar

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
archive.newsmax.com...

Why the hell can't we all just go to our doctor and pay cash? Like we take our car in for routine maintenance or minor problems?

You know, this is one of those questions that I want to answer with:

If you have to ask, you're too young to know.

Besides, if you want to pay with cash, pay with cash. Nobody's stopping you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join