It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not Cash money healthcare?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
archive.newsmax.com...

Why the hell can't we all just go to our doctor and pay cash? Like we take our car in for routine maintenance or minor problems? If we are in an accident in our car we have insurance. Well if we are ever in a traumatic accident or have some huge disease or sickness we have insurance. I don't trust the governmetn and I sure as hell don't think we need private insurance companies. Insurance is one ofthe biggest scames perpetuated against mankind. It's akin to usury and banking.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
In other words can anyone post any articles that really get to the heart of the issue i.e. getting big government AND private insurance out of healthcare? I.e. non partisan articles on healthcare reform?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Because poor people are people.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Because hospital bills of $50,000 are not uncommon. A particular device that is implanted where I work costs $17,500 just for the device, never mind the operating room, medications, etc.. You may think you won't need to go to a hospital, but what if you have an accident or appendicitis?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
And besides the cost, how else would the government be able to take over another portion of your life, and raise your taxes?

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
why are you calling me a person???
I may be poor but to insult my like that.
ill have you know im a mutan old age reptial rabbit
take me to your leader
man come millions of light nanoo seconds accross the room to get free health care is about as real as i am lolol

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
ps the chances that im a mutan reptial rabbit are much greater then
this bill lowering the defisit lolo.
ps how does the bill get lower buy spending more money anyway lolol

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

because the majority of people would not be able to afford the costs of health care. if it was only 10 bucks to go see a doctor, more people could afford it. or if it was only 100 bucks for surgery, more people could afford it. but when your medical bills cost more than a vehicle, or a house, people arent able to afford those high bills. the cost of medical care is why the people cannot just "pay cash" for it. a very high portion of jobs do not pay enough money for people to be able to afford their own medical bills. if the average job paid people hundreds of thousands, then im sure more people would be able to pay out of pocket. but the REALITY is that most jobs pay lower wages...and that most people cannot afford to pay the bills out of pocket. and no one should have to go bankrupt due to medical costs.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
To note:

The HCR will not apply to the Amish for this very reason. It has been determined that the Amish operate on a cash principle, have a religious belief in taking care of themselves and will not be held accountable for, pay for, or be required to participate in HCR bill that has just passed.

Interesting, no?

Fox link - Amish exempt...

That's because when the Amish need medical care, they go to regular doctors and hospitals and pay in cash often with financial help from their church and neighbors. They rely on each other, not the government or insurance companies as a tenet of their faith.

"The Amish believe it's the fundamental responsibility of the church to care for the material needs of the members of the church," said Steven Nolt, a professor at Goshen College who has written books on the Plain community of Amish.

"And so they don't buy commercial health insurance and they don't participate in public assistance programs."

So while most Americans would be required to sign up with insurance companies or government insurance plans, the church would serve as something of an informal insurance plan for the Amish.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
archive.newsmax.com...

Why the hell can't we all just go to our doctor and pay cash? Like we take our car in for routine maintenance or minor problems? If we are in an accident in our car we have insurance. Well if we are ever in a traumatic accident or have some huge disease or sickness we have insurance. I don't trust the governmetn and I sure as hell don't think we need private insurance companies. Insurance is one ofthe biggest scames perpetuated against mankind. It's akin to usury and banking.

And that's exactly what the H**** they were going for with this bill, make no mistakes about it...they want our money, and I don't mean the very rich, they already get that through the lobbyists and special interests groups, they want our money, the every day working Joes and why? So we can be even poorer, soon the middle class will go the way of the roman empire, there will be the rich and the peasants, much like what we tried to escape from in Brittain when we landed on these shores 200 plus yrs ago.

[edit on 21-3-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I think this is an excellent question! If we got all the middlemen out of the equation, perhaps healthcare costs would come back into the realm of what people could pay. The huge cost hikes have as much to do with all the competing interests as they do anything else....

Good going OP, (and sorry for going off at you last night. I sit on top of the San Andreas fault, so I reacted to your comments in haste).

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
In a way you pay cash, up to the limit of your deductible, then insurance kicks in (hopefully). another way to look at it is a your deductible is is an additional cost of whatever policy you have; also, co-pays are cash payments.

But to your point, you can pay cash. I know a guy who paid cash for a knee surgery, his deductible is 5000, the total cost to the insurance was 6000. Plus, that additional claims increase your insurance rates.

so, he asked, half jokingly if they offered cash discounts, to his suprise the receptionist said yes, and quoted him 2400. He is a fortunate individual to have that kind of cash on hand, but these numbers make it easy to see how much price inflation happens when it gets funneled through insurance corp's.

Less than half his deductible, almost 1/3 of the cost to the insurance company. Crazy industry for a crazy world

Edit: I am thinking of becoming an Amish bowler

[edit on 21-3-2010 by jacksmoke]

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Well I operate on cash and I have beliefs to take care of myself so why do I have to be forced to pay for insurance? This is not fair. I have nothing against the Amish but if they are citizens they should have to pay too. Why is one group excluded? Oh religious beliefs I gather....I guess in this case it's good to be Amish..What else are they exempt from? I know I read another Amish exemption on here.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
When my brother and sister, along with me were born there was very little people that carried any form of insurance.

If they did, it was catastrophic and didn't have all the little 'must haves' that we see today being regulated into the plans.

There was a time where people only carried catastrophic insurance and just paid cash for the yearly visits and check ups. I did it for years and still do it for my family. I pay cash for my regular check ups.

Funny thing is...for a family of 3, it only cost me 15k a year....wonder what it will cost me in the future...

posted on Apr, 4 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Off topic but i noticed your from coeanside, ca also.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

You know what, I just had an idea for a business. A cash pool insurance company.

All moneys are invested, the only profit allowable is profit off the investment.

A simple contract stating this.

Another business opportunity? This of course is possible only upon the HC bill being declared un Constitutional.

The payout for the HC provided would have to be worked out though.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
People, we tried to have single payer insurance, but the republicans and conservatives blocked it.

So now we have to pay private, for profit insurance companies who make money by not treating you.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The OP is correct. It is a banking scam. Insurance is totally a third party parasite eating the value of the workers and controlling the goods & services the workers receive, just like a labor union takes a chunk of the workers pay and actively destroys the employer.

They have used the fear of death to manipulate you all.
You can not stop dying.
You will die.

They have lied to you and told you they are going to save you.
They are not going to save you.
You will die.

They have convinced you to give up your freedoms for an opiate.
They have stolen your efforts.
They have spoiled your children.

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cabaret Voltaire

I said this in another thread already, but insurance is a tool. A "tool" can not be a "scam," in and of itself; and there's nothing inherently wrong with insurance.

However, the people using the tool can be scamming you -- IE, insurance corporations.

But insurance is fine, really.. Hating insurance is like hating knives, cause your mom was stabbed (or something.. too tired to make good analogies
)

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Yeah, the republicans and conservatives blocked it. Wow, pulling that one out again huh?

When will people realize that the government GOT EXACTLY what they wanted.

Exactly! Taxes and fascist mandates.

Please do not obfuscate the facts. Your party of the two headed snake from hell sold you down the river. Going to keep voting for the one party system?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join