It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Corruption of the Girl scouts of America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I ran across this article about 20mins ago and find it wrong on many many many levels, What is happening to our traditional organizations like the BSA and GSA? here is the link and please sound off and tell me what you think? is this a leftist attempt to change how we see things or just overly pushing politics in a organization that doesn't need it and how does it effect your children and them joining BSA or GSA? washingtontimes.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The Girl Scouts have been "in bed" with Planned Parenthood for a long, long time. A long time, as in well more than 20 years. An old girlfriend of mine (10 years ago) said that the girl scouts had more indoctrination to sex than her sorority did when she was an undergrad. Shocking for some, but nothing new it would seem.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
LMFAO, I am sorry but you have to rearrange your title. Something about Corrupted girl scouts just paints a funny picture in my head. A bunch of corrupt 7 year olds trying to scam people for money.
Priceless

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I noticed the link was from a Catholic source. I could not find confirmation from a "non-biased" source. Do you happen to have one?

Regardless, its sad and disgusting. I fondly remember my girl scout days. Although, come to think of it, I did get in trouble for teaching the younger ones how to play poker....

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

how is the Washington times a catholic source and someone in the thread even corroborated the story

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The Girl Scouts are denying the story but, C-Fam, the group that originally put out this story is standing by what it has printed.

The Girl Scouts and that Explicit Sex Guide: C-FAM Reaffirms Report, Girl Scouts Deny

In an interview with LifeSiteNews.com (LSN) Tuesday, however, a representative of the Girl Scouts denied the story, saying that no such pamphlet was distributed or made available to the girls in the meeting, and that the only document that was present in the room was the document the girls were working on.

“I don’t even know if [the Planned Parenthood pamphlet] ever was in the room," said the spokesperson. "There’s no evidence to suggest it was in the room when the girls were in the room, or in the room ever.”

When asked point blank whether Planned Parenthood was involved with the Girl Scouts meeting in any way or was permitted to make materials available to the girls, Tompkins responded, "Not at all."

C-Fam in turn, however, has issued an update on the situation, saying that they stand by their story, and presented new evidence to back it up. In an interview with LSN, Austin Ruse, the President of C-Fam, charged the Scouts with "lying" in their denials, and pointed out that a "stack" of the Planned Parenthood brochures were found in the conference room where the Scouts' meeting took place, literally moments after the meeting broke up.

Austin Ruse, however, told LSN that the source for the story was Sharon Slater, a mother of seven and the president of the UN pro-family group Family Watch International. According to Slater's account, she was kicked out of the conference room when the meeting began, but she "waited around until the meeting was over, and when the doors opened she walked in and looked at the literature that was being passed out on the literature table." That's where she found the offending Planned Parenthood brochures.

Slater confirmed this account with LSN in an interview. She told LSN that she had targeted the Girl Scouts meeting specifically because she had heard that questionable things had happened in similar events last year. She also said that she obtained a draft document of the statement that the girls were working on in the meeting, which was to be read before the general assembly, and which had the girls "calling for more information on 'reproductive health.'" In UN-speak, "reproductive health" typically includes access to abortion.

Additionally, C-Fam has said that the idea that the Planned Parenthood pamphlet was simply left in the room from a prior meeting doesn’t hold water, since none of the four meetings that were held in the room earlier in the day had anything to do with adolescents – the very clear target of the sex guide.

After being told about this updated account by C-Fam and Slater of when and how the pamphlets were found, Tompkins responded simply, "We cannot verify that at all. That we would say is not true."

Ruse countered, however, saying that the Scouts are "lying." "All I can say is that we stand by our story," he said.

Read more: Life Site News

C-FAM has also released a brief document More on the partnerships between the Girl Scouts and Planned Parenthood showing the relationship between Planned Parenthood and the Girl Scouts.

posted on Mar, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Austin Ruse is the President of the New York and Washington, D.C.-based Catholic Family & Human Rights Institute (C-FAM), a research institute that focuses exclusively on international social policy
reply to post by zeroeffect

I assume this is the author, which is what I meant by a "Catholic Source." And no, that doesn't necessarily diminish the credibility of the article at all, but sometimes organizations do have agendas.

top topics

join