It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading Our Lives (Paths we chosen/Paths we depart)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Where do you think you're going in life? It's a simple question to take at face value. I'd like to hear from fellow ATS members with this question to them.

Wait. I have another simple question while at it. Might as well knock (ask) two birds (questions) with one stone (thread). What are you doing with your life now?

I think it is important to read yourself sometimes via writing out with a bit about YOU. Learn to truely expond and elaberate a bit on YOU without having a fear of strangers getting to know you too much. I'll answer my own thread in a bit just in case certain of you need a leader to lead the way.
Lest something happens to me in a short span of time, so I make no promises to the certain of you following types.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Currently I feel like I'm going nowhere in life! Sorry with the first response being negative.

I mean right now I have just got a new job, with a substantial payrise every January for the next four years as long as I pass each year at University. People would be ecstatic, and maybe they should?

But I don't want my life to revolve around working for a corporation, earning just enough money to pay for a house and buy # I don't need!

I have a girlfriend who I love, a head full of dreams and I am quite contempt just idleing in the wind reading a book and being at peace. If I could lose the career and survive doing the things I enjoy, I would do so without a doubt.

Good thread though. I hope people contribute some positive responses to make the rest of us feel better!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Nice existential question. But, if we could choose our path, the world would be an entirely different place. Me? I would like to go back to school for mechnical engineering (the original path I had chosen) and forget that I ever had to leave because of a mental breakdown that was beyond my control. Because of something I had no control of whatsoever, my path changed in an instant. Does it suck, yeah. Did I choose it? No. Am I happy with my current path? Not really.

Well, a bit more personal than I wanted that to be, but it is what it is.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyinthemiddle

I know what your saying. You didn't have a choice then but you have a choice now, we are just severely restricted and thats what pisses me off. You know the fact that we should have a choice but everyone seems to try their hardest to take that choice away from you.

I am studying mechanical engineering in september. I have the choice that you didnt but I am not to happy about it. Is that unfair? Yes I think it is, but thats the world we live in.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm dedicating my life to being a servant of the Tao, and psychopomp to my fellow humans. The paths being tread by those facing great personal trials and mine converge, and I do what I can to help, until it's time to part ways again. My primary goal is freedom from cyclic existence for all sentient beings. My secondary, though more immediate goal is to secure material stability and establish a base of operations that isn't my parent's house.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Oh the irony. Actually quite funny when you stop and think about it. A good rule I learned for these situations is called the sitcom rule. Step back from the situation and view it as you would some comedy show on TV. Would you laugh at it? If so, it can't really be that terrible.

When it all comes down to it, you have to take the good with the bad, fix what you can and accept what you can't. We all end up the same way anyway.

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyinthemiddle

Haha I never heard of that rule but its so true! Its hard sometimes though when you know exactly what you want, but know you can't get it. I suppose we all have just gota make the most of what we got. Hope things pick up for us both!

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by No_man4
My primary goal is freedom from cyclic existence for all sentient beings. My secondary, though more immediate goal is to secure material stability and establish a base of operations that isn't my parent's house.

Hahahaha

Funniest thing I've read on ATS. My secondary goal is similar to yours, although i'm still in high school.

[edit on 20-3-2010 by time91]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Congradulations on stepping foward and posting to all.

Me - I'm on another level in path. Only place my life is going fast is into MYSELF. Like that Seether "Fine Again" song goes, "I am prepared now for my self." I will be fine again, and certainly when back up in my paradise where all my things quite simply be done with an absolute guarantee. I am but my own Son of man, and in my paradise I am my own Father self-sent to shine forth me my Archangel which is but the Prince of the Ideal and of the Free. I'm an escape artist, I will escape the world some day being worthy enough as it mentions in Luke 21:36... "Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

Right now my life on earth aint much. I still live with parents though am adult. In the now I seek to get rich fast though, so I do tend to keep playing the lottery since all I got is a chance on luck to hit it huge to get the freak out of Detroit Michigan. Oh how I'd like to depart Michigan. I also plan to take path in pitching ideas like ideal inventions and ideal shows. The plan is to get rich by selling the idea for royalties. To this date none of my home based businesses have paid off. Like Alice in Chains sung in "Man In The Box," "I'm the man in the box, buried in my pit! Wont you come and save me? Save me."

Also in the now there are people in a conspiracy against my well being, trying to make me out as crazy while they plague me with things used as weapons. Real talk. So I can't wait to get the hell out of my parents house cause they are apart of the plagueing.

Once I get rich quick it's fade all the plagues for me. Know what I mean? Can't blame someone for wanting out of a hellhold. "I'm not the one who's so far away when I feel the snake bite enter my vein. Never did I want to be here again, and I don't remember why I came."--"Voodoo" by Godsmack

[edit on 20-3-2010 by Tormentations]

posted on Mar, 20 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I had it all planned out when I left school, party for a while and work to fund it, find a girl, and start some part time education at 20 when i'd had a few years of freedom!
Never worked out like that at all and now i've just turned 24 with absolutely nothing due to some very unexpected crap!

So, where am I going in my life from this place I never expected to be? truth is I really don't know! I know where I want to go, but don't know if life will let me get there! i've learnt to take each day as it comes or i'd end up a nervous wreck dwell on the crap and most probably not be here! I do want to start my education again but I haven't commited yet, need to sort my personal life out first, but I will!!!
I never finished school, got nothing, because I just didn't give a crap back then and thought I could conquer the world, that certainly came back to bite me in the a**, lesson learnt on my part!!!

The obvious, reasonable job, loving partner, maybe a couple of kid's, and striving for balance and happiness is at the top of my golden pyramid if i'm honest! to have that would be all I could ever want! i'd count myself a lucky man!

So where am I going now? well I may not get there or maybe I will? but right now, everyday, I like to think is a step closer, to the above! but who know's?

[edit on 20-3-2010 by valiant]

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Do we give a >SNIP

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I will make it quicky; if you have access to information and a good IQ you will know we all are slaves, we cant do what we want, we need to fit to the system and do a lot of things we dont want to and give $$ to people who came first and are controlling freaks

so, the only thing we have free is our minds, so I think the best thing I can do is to try to understand how things work, the big picture ;

but the reality is that, we dont know why we are here, the best way to live our lives would be to assume we will go to heaven and have 1001 women when we die, but thats not the path I took, I prefer using my brain and try to understand whats going on

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

I have to say, agian I am in a similar place. After having a particularly rough time of it, I decided that there must be more out there. With the result that over the last 2 years I have learnt more than i have the rest of my life. Something good had been born out of the bad. I am still living the side effects now though.

It reminds me of a conversation in Huxley's Brave New World. The savage has a choice, live happily ever after, as much sex and mind altering drugs as he would like, no sadness, no pain... but he would be making the conscious decision to numb his human nature. So he chooses all the negatives, the pain, the sadness, the trauma. But he knows it is the right decision. I think that describes alot of people here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
To each his own. Wherever you find yourself today, whatever the day requires of you is the days striving. We may never understand the profundity of our simple lives in this world.

new topics

top topics

join