It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers speak about "doomsday Comet" NEAT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
No doomsday, guys. The quick explaination is that the people writing and posting really don't understand comets that well and are doing a lot of hysterical ranting about things that really aren't problems.

It's like having a neighbor running around and shrieking that you're manufacturing "soylent green" when he sees moss on your lawn.

Details (nice and clear explainations) are here:
www.space.com...

And some specifics about it from people on the astronomy board, including someone who worked for NASA (but no longer works for them):
www.badastronomy.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Byrd,

After reviewing the link you provided I copied the final comment from the article:

"I wonder what those conspiracy theorists will say a week or two from now, when nothing has happened," Plait said. "Will they say NASA covered up the destruction of the Earth?"

What will I say a week or two from now? Exactly what I've been saying all along. How unfortunate that curious people need to scramble for correct information on a constant basis. If, over the years, NASA would have provided a stream of information which was timely, accurate, and meaningful, then there would be no need to question every single event as being conspiratorial.

What a joke. Because of a need to know the truth and not being provided with it in any sufficiency, the curious are being tagged with embarassing and undeserving nicknames. Loonies? I think not.

deleted

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Another good story with a sad end.

Thanks Byrd.

posted on Mar, 3 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Byrd,

I never really made up my mind if I believed what a lot of peoples said regarding if NASA actually faked those photos or not.... however, the actions that NASA took themselves were far more damning than anything that was ever posted on a chatboard. If NASA had never cut the data stream, had not hacked dozens of websites off the web, or obviously manipulated information after the fact, and if NASA had been forthcoming with information, rather than trying to erase any hint that it ever existed, I would likely be among those who thought it was all a giant hoax.

However, NASA has lost any credibility it ever had, and no hacker did it to them, no bunch of conspiracy theorists did it, it was all due to thier own actions.

I did a bit of digging myself... I have posted evidence of a very strong correlation between the comets perihelion, the strange appearance of two (2) CMEs in the immediate vicinity of the comet (keep in mind that in the established 11 year solar activity cycle, the sun is currently supposed to be in a lull, but it is having higher activity than during its peak period), and enormous emission output from HAARP. I have mentioned many times before, THERE ARE NO COINCIDENTS OF SUCH MAGNITUDE.

I have also noticed that you repeatedly posted that Comet NEAT has already left the solar system, or at least passed earth... this is INCORRECT. NEAT passed earth around Nov/Dec 2002, made perihelion on Feb 18, and will require an equal amount of time to come back past earths orbital track. This will happen between May 5-12.

I will reserve my judgement until May 13. If we are still here with no impact, I can only deduce that the strategy to affect NEATs trajectory with HAARP was successful. Otherwise, well....

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 02:25 AM
link   
""I wonder what those conspiracy theorists will say a week or two from now, when nothing has happened," Plait said. "Will they say NASA covered up the destruction of the Earth?" "

Yes they will and I think Dragonriders comments bare that out.

"If we are still here with no impact, I can only deduce that the strategy to affect NEATs trajectory with HAARP was successful. Otherwise, well.... "

No matter how good the quality of a rebuttal against a conspircacy theory there is a always a come back, here it is a classic case of the conspiracy worked.

"NASA has lost any credibility it ever had"

Bit of a strong comment over some pictures and I`m sure if you ask many people they would disagree strongly.

"I did a bit of digging myself"

Like the people at sites such as GuluFuture.com???

Come on wake up man, the astronomers (and not NASA) have given you an explanation

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What's so damming about NASA's actions?

Those photos are taken in a format that's unreadable by anything other than special software. They're horkin' HUGE files (five gigabyte or so.)

In order to put them on a website, some poor goober has to drive to the offices, fire up several kinds of image software (including Photoshop), translate them to JPG and then process the levels and size till you can actually view the thing without having your connection hork and die.

There was 2 feet of snow on the ground. They couldn't drive in till later and posted them after they got there.

So where's the conspiracy?

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
there is two feet of snow on the ground here, and i'm doin just fine. the fact is photo files don't have to be driven anywhere, that's why we made the internet, to transfer it over invisible wires at high speeds to unlimit access to vital info. and that's why you're wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

There was 2 feet of snow on the ground. They couldn't drive in till later and posted them after they got there.

So where's the conspiracy?

The conspiracy is there. They used their HAARP system. That's the HAARP " fault " if it was snowing too much and they had their good excuses...." We couldn't drive in till later and posted them after we got there."

The snow, Byrd.The snow ! That's where you'll find their conspiracy. Anyway, everything is linked with their conspiracy, EVERYTHING ! The snow, the HAARP, the Comet NEAT....

[Edited on 4-3-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

top topics

join