It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worlds fastest speed reader VS the US health care bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Last night on the news I watched something interesting

There where some things on this that caught my attention...

It may interesting to note that on one interview I watched. He said it would take him 2 or 3 days to read other bills...

It translated to 3 or four months for slower leaders.

Howard Berg

Howard Stephen Berg a former New York City high school science teacher, has spent his career researching and developing learning strategies to help individuals reduce and manage information overload. In 1989 Howard Stephen Berg was acknowledged in the 1990 Guinness Book of World Records as the "Fastest Reader in the World" for reading more than 25,000 words a minute (over 416 words per second) and writing more than 100 words a minute.

reply to post by ripcontrol

I reference him in this post.

What I find interesting is it tells me a lot. Unless someone on this site speaks up, our representatives are screwing us. They have no damn clue what the fine print means on the bill.

Of note
the abortion issue-
And another add on I cant find that was mentioned as odd

Pray your members of congress can speed read

Pray Your Members of Congress Took Speed Reading Lessons (UPDATED: It’s Worse – Oh and Help a Little?)

It is a little out of date but it applies.

As a sovereign and free individual I am forced at this point to say this. Having considered this for a moment I am forced to realize with out a doubt that every single member of congress, has working together just screwed over the american public as a whole.

They are voting on something that they have no clue what the whole bill contains or effects. This guy who is the fastest speed reader says will take him at least two to thre days to read the accompanying documents (not attached by the way). So once you find them then you read them.

Our great representatives are deal cutting with your future. Without even knowing what is in the fine print.

Their is a great little story that goes here but I cant find it. So Ill go over the details I remember.

One ambassador loved to play a card game. Always said he could read a man by the way he played the cards. He played one of the ambassadors for another country as they hammered out details. Well he noticed the man would play a certain way. He could read the man like a book and knew beyond a doubt he had him. Took a lot of money from him. Well when it came time to sign the treaty the ambassador just signed it.

The other ambassadors whole air changed. "I never thought Id get you to agree to the terms." He laughed and walked away.

The ambassador decided to read the treaty and as he read each line his face grew more horrified. He'd just about signed away everything including the kitchen sink....

That is what is about to happen in DC.... My parting question is this, can the state governments recall those senators and congressmen who vote for it?

It would be funny if their constituents recalled all the ones in favor before the vote.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
so f****** insensitive and ignorant
2nd line

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
NO VOTE NO BILL NO LAW PERIOD
second line

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I enjoyed listening to that man, but, Cavuto needs to go and never
return. He constantly stepped on and barged right in rudely and didn't
let him finish hardly anything he was saying. And, this cavuto creep needs
to clear his throat and blow out the cobwebs. His voice is the most
nauseating thing on tv today. I can't stand to listen to this man for more
than a minute. Blow out the chunks once in awhile, Cavuto, sheeeeesh!

[edit on 19-3-2010 by endtimer]

top topics

join