It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sean Hannity's Freedom CONcert Scam: Almost None of Charity's $ Went to Injured Troops, Kids of Fall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I doubt if any 'concert for the (insert cause here)' has ever paid more than 25% to the people it was said to be for.
It all goes to promoters, artist's expenses, charity org's expenses, etc.

If you want to give money, find a charity that lists what amount actually goes to help (insert cause here) and then verify it through one of several online services.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rephaim

That 'response' is not responsive to the claims and the figures quoted there are disingenuous at best.

On tax forms in 2007 they listed $1.4 million in postage, but in their response they list only $1.3 million on everything to do with fund raising and management.

There is a very nasty shell game going on here, moving money around from one category to another in order to hide what is going on. These guys are fraudulently building up a $15 million war chest by stealing it from the victims and dependents of victims of the middle east wars.

The show is being run by Hannity's buddy and proven scam operator Oliver North and it is not too early to worry about what he has up his sleave.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu

The idea these alleged kids are not old enough makes the scam even better.. as if hannity in unaware of this, of course he is. He is raising cash for people that don't qualify for years. It gives him an excuse to jet set around with his entourage and scam suckers for cash on the "promise" the money will go to scholarships.

Id really like to know where the postage / expenses $$ was spent, businesses he / his family / cronies / shell company owns? his divide & conqueror pals run? and knowing the size of the right wing stick lodged in their sphincter... if little johnny scholarship gets arrested for smoking weed, joins a jihad, or is an outspoken critic of the DC mafias right wings.. he won't get a cent. Neither will jane scholarship if she has an abortion... just watch.

Im sure that young up and coming right wing robot clone kids will get full rides and be touted by the dork Alliance as stunning successes to sean hannitys dedication to apple pie, mom and the GOP... then the next republican puppet'n chief will hang a trinket around seans neck.

This BS charity and the expenses he wastes on chump funded vacations ... along with his horrible tv shows & the accompanying celebrity that strokes his ego.. these are his rewards for being a dedicated and tireless talking point propaganda puking shill-bot for the elite. I'd bet money, if it were legal, that none other than turd blossom his stanky rove self didn't conjure up this scheme with a few of his elite douche lackeys... it seems like ALL past presidents and prominent politicians also have / promote one "non profit" grift or another.

I don't think you understand trust accounts and the way they work. Even if there was some type of disqualifier as you propose, the money could not then be used for anything other than the legally stated purpose of the trust. In other words, the over $15million that is in the trust fund for college scholarships now, can only be used for college scholarships for fallen soldiers' children. Money can only be dispersed for this purpose.

Money hasn't been going into Hannity's pockets from this ladies and gentlemen. That is shown in the tax filing supplemental documents. What has happened here, is the author of the article hates Hannity and conservatives, and knows that the vast majority of people will not do their own research to confirm or disprove what she said. So most will just believe it as the truth, both from their own ignorance, and their own hatred of the same people.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

She's supposedly a Conservative herself and a lawyer. I really wonder why she started this. Other than the reason's I've posted here previously, I really really wonder!

Zindo

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Oh get over this bull people charities are scams, its easy money if you want to see were you money goes use your own eyes and ears paper trails are false, and anything can be written as truth. How many people here know any vet that got any money from these charities. You want to see your heroes go look in the alies by the garbage cans. If you want to healp someone do it yourselves personally or dont do it at all.

posted on Mar, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
..The fact is Hannity's charity appearances are always on his dime. .... Quite a different ball of wax than charities!

Celebrities get paid to appear at fundraisers for charities, unless it is something special for them, then they might not ask for all/part of their fee, but they might ask for other expenses to be paid for staff, etc.

So it would not be out of line for Mr. Hannity to have Freedom Concerts pay him to appear. By his appearing, more tickets might be sold, although the musicians alone would be a draw, and if the cost of each ticket included a set amount for a donation, then the benefit would automatically provide money (donation) for FA.

It might be nice to have Mr. Hannity himself come out with a statement that he waived a customary appearance fee to host his concerts, only because that might mean more money for the charity (unless it was already taken into account in the price of a ticket, hence a set donation).

Celebrities would be appearing twice a day if they did every request for a charity appearance. Celebrity appearances, even with fees, are a form of fundraising, so there's nothing wrong with a fee in and of itself. Even in my small town, there have been such types, with celebrities paid.

With all the cheap crap my sons were asked to sell for fundraising, I just gave the money donation instead. Girl Scout cookies are a little more tempting. If I were interested in a certain performer, I probably would by a ticket, even if only a little were given as a donation rather than 100% proceeds.

Oh, I noticed the FC had their higher priced special tickets, which is another funraising way to ensure the event offsets sluggish ticket sales.

So, all in all, even if Mr. Hannity was paid a fee, it wouldn't be anything new.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

She's supposedly a Conservative herself and a lawyer. I really wonder why she started this. Other than the reason's I've posted here previously, I really really wonder!

Zindo

I keep thinking of "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned".

There's gotta be some back story, some history here. She is blaming him for something!

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Zindo

I keep thinking of "Hell has no fury like a woman scorned".

There's gotta be some back story, some history here. She is blaming him for something!

I'm not sure. What I do know is that all the information really is in the tax documents and the supplements provided with them. For some reason she chose to omit some of the information, and to frame what she did include in a very untrue way. I am just wondering why she chose to do this. When I first read the article, I said 'Oh wow, if this is true I will never support Hannity again.' And from there I did what I think is reasonable and did my own research. I went and looked at the tax returns myself, looked at the structure of the charity and trust funds and then came to the truth. I do not know why she couldn't do the same and instead launched a false assault on a charity and Hannity. The only logical conclusion is hate of Hannity and possible some of the people involved with the charity. Either that, or she just wants to make money and knows the many of the liberals will gladly pay for anything painting conservatives in a bad light.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join