It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panantukan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
All,

I have recently discovered a martial arts class close to me that teaches the art of Panantukan, the seventh practice of filipino martial arts.

After watching several videos of this art on the internet I have come to the conclusion that it looks very effective as a form of martial arts useful mainly for self defence.

Has anyone on here had experience of this style and if so could they offer any feedback as to its effectiveness?

I don't want to practice a style if it isn't useful in a real life situation.

Thanks,

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
A guy who use to live near me was into that.
He had a problem one day and knocked the guy out in one kick.
It seemed to have worked.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Most any martial art is useful if you practice it properly.

If you have a good punch or a good kick then you're already ahead of the guy who has had no training and still wants to start a fight.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
reply to post by Death_Kron

Most any martial art is useful if you practice it properly.

If you have a good punch or a good kick then you're already ahead of the guy who has had no training and still wants to start a fight.

Yeah I realise that I've trained in Karate, Boxing and a little bit of BJJ/MMA. But Panantukan looks excellent!

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I know 3 years worth of Taekwondo (every american seems like they SAY they know some kind of martial art, don't they?
) and I can say its helped me personally in a couple situations. Good way to stay fit an active. I've never had to actually beat someone down before (recently at least) and not quite sure if I could anymore. I'm sure I'm a better fighter than most still just because I am young fit and have incredible speed, and dexterity. (hahahah)

But the thing about it is.. you can spend thousands on lessons, or you can spend hundreds on a gun and a permit. What I can say about a martial art is that it can never be taken from you, and you will ALWAYS retain some knowledge. I guess I wouldn't take the classes though unless you want to benefit fully from them such as getting fit, gaining strength, even learning a little bit of a foreign language.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

No guns in the UK my friend

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Link of Dan Inosanto showing the art for anyone interested

new topics

top topics

join